Image ImageImage Image

The Greatest Dunk in NBA History - Scottie Over Ewing Documentary

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

The Greatest Dunk in NBA History - Scottie Over Ewing Documentary 

Post#1 » by Susan » Fri May 24, 2019 3:18 am

Plenty of Pete Meyers love in this video
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: The Greatest Dunk in NBA History - Scottie Over Ewing Documentary 

Post#2 » by AKfanatic » Fri May 24, 2019 3:31 am

That’s for posting this Susan. I’d seen it about a year ago and forgot all about it. Such a well done vid
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#3 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:15 am

Thanks man. He's the best. I could sit and watch the NBA Storyteller all day long.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#4 » by ImSlower » Fri May 24, 2019 4:30 am

The General Board had a thread called "most disrespectful dunk of all time" a month or two ago. I think this wins easily. A truly sick dunk, to be sure, but not one of the prettiest, hardest, toughest, or most athletic ever - but up there. It's the immediate aftermath that's so unforgettable. Scotties high walking nutmeg while stepping over Ewing and looking down would have been the talk of sports media all season in today's NBA.

As a kid whose only ever Bulls jersey said #33, I will forever love the absurd alpha-male assertion Scottie pulled.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#5 » by ThreeMileAllan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:43 am

Susan wrote:

Plenty of Pete Meyers love in this video
That wss a fun watch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#6 » by dice » Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 am

ImSlower wrote:The General Board had a thread called "most disrespectful dunk of all time" a month or two ago. I think this wins easily. A truly sick dunk, to be sure, but not one of the prettiest, hardest, toughest, or most athletic ever - but up there. It's the immediate aftermath that's so unforgettable. Scotties high walking nutmeg while stepping over Ewing and looking down would have been the talk of sports media all season in today's NBA.

As a kid whose only ever Bulls jersey said #33, I will forever love the absurd alpha-male assertion Scottie pulled.

saying "sit your ass down" to spike lee (easily cementing it as most disrespectful), ewing just walking back to the bench knowing that he'd been punked...

i think scottie was taking out some of his hugh hollins frustration from the previous game on that one

absolute peak moment of scottie's career? exclamation point on a game where he leads the bulls to a game 7 against the knicks. after dragging a team (w/ a big assist from horace) to 55 wins in a season where the team had every right to lay an egg. with a bum starting in place of MJ...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,664

Post#7 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Fri May 24, 2019 5:29 am

dice wrote:
ImSlower wrote:The General Board had a thread called "most disrespectful dunk of all time" a month or two ago. I think this wins easily. A truly sick dunk, to be sure, but not one of the prettiest, hardest, toughest, or most athletic ever - but up there. It's the immediate aftermath that's so unforgettable. Scotties high walking nutmeg while stepping over Ewing and looking down would have been the talk of sports media all season in today's NBA.

saying "sit your ass down" to spike lee (easily cementing it as most disrespectful), ewing just walking back to the bench knowing that he'd been punked...

i think scottie was taking out some of his hugh hollins frustration from the previous game on that one

absolute peak moment of scottie's career? exclamation point on a game where he leads the bulls to a game 7 against the knicks. after dragging a team (w/ a big assist from horace) to 55 wins in a season where the team had every right to lay an egg. with a bum starting point guard...

I was with you until the underlined. Bum? BJ was our starter that season(from 92-93 to 94-95). He played all 82 games, averaged 14.8ppg(with 3.9apg/2.1rpg/1spg) on 44% from 3(and his numbers were actually better in the playoffs). He made the all-star team. That was probably the best season of his career. I mean he wasn't a "star" or anything, but he wasn't a bum.
dice
RealGM

Post#8 » by dice » Fri May 24, 2019 5:40 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:
dice wrote:

absolute peak moment of scottie's career? exclamation point on a game where he leads the bulls to a game 7 against the knicks. after dragging a team (w/ a big assist from horace) to 55 wins in a season where the team had every right to lay an egg. with a bum starting point guard...

I was with you until the underlined. Bum? BJ was our starter that season(from 92-93 to 94-95). He played all 82 games, averaged 14.8ppg(with 3.9apg/2.1rpg/1spg on 44% from 3(and his numbers were actually better in the playoffs). He made the all-star team. That was probably the best season of his career. I mean he wasn't a "star" or anything, but he wasn't a bum.

i was thinking of pete meyers. my bad. b.j. was better both the season before and the season after, though. and deserved to be an all star in none of them
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#9 » by dice » Fri May 24, 2019 6:12 am

age 22-37 VORP:

69.5 scottie
64.1 kobe
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#10 » by BeKuK » Fri May 24, 2019 9:04 am

Awesome!!!! Goddamn.....I miss the good old times......this old beautiful and lovely rivalry against the Knicks. How time flies!
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#11 » by jacoby1us » Fri May 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Bring the 90s basketball back, the real Inside Stuff with Ahmad and Hannah. The NBA on NBC theme song was such the anthem for getting ready for a playoff game.

Ahhhhhh!!!
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#12 » by Jo Jo English » Fri May 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Watching it live I understood in the moment that it was going to end up being one of the greatest plays I would ever see. Just everything about it. The Bulls vs. Knicks rivalry. The absence of Jordan. The Bulls clawing for their playoff lives and identity without MJ. Scottie vs. the great shot blocker in Ewing. It was incredibly epic.

Between various PCs and cell phones I've owned over the years, that has probably been my wallpaper for more than a decade off and on since the late '90s.

Outside of winning a championship, probably the greatest on court moment in Bulls history.

Thanks for posting this, Susan. Fun memory to relive.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Post#13 » by kodo » Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Bring the 90s basketball back, the real Inside Stuff with Ahmad and Hannah. The NBA on NBC theme song was such the anthem for getting ready for a playoff game.

Ahhhhhh!!!

I loved Bob Costas doing NBA on NBC.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,587

Post#14 » by Jimako10 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Now I'm hoping Giannis dunks on Kawhi Leonard and then tells Drake to sit the eff down.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,729

Post#15 » by dougthonus » Sat May 25, 2019 12:01 am

I don't know how to gauge the GOAT dunk, but I do have to say this is the most memorable dunk I have ever seen. It stands out in my head more than anything else, and if I had to name a GOAT dunk without thinking about it too hard, I would come up with this one for no other reason than I can't think of anything else that comes close.

Second most memorable dunk to me is probably Vince over that guy in the Olympics, but I don't think the situation was really that meaningful or any of the other facets were that meaningful.

Amazingly fun video on a frivolous topic.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,578

Post#16 » by DuckIII » Sat May 25, 2019 12:17 am

1. This dunk
2. Vince/Weiss dunk.
3. Tom Chambers superman dunk.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
dice
RealGM

Post#17 » by dice » Sat May 25, 2019 4:19 am

DuckIII wrote:1. This dunk
2. Vince/Weiss dunk.
3. Tom Chambers superman dunk.

amazingly, there are 2 other all time great dunks in the bulls/knicks rivalry. along w/ scottie's, all 3 were in the playoffs

DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#18 » by DanTown8587 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 am

Shawn Kemp over Alton Lister is and will forever be the most disrespectful dunk of all-time. Kemp dunked on him from a good distance out with a cradle type dunk (so wasn't just a dunk) and then double points at him. Scotties dunk is good and quite disrespectful but nothing will challenge the double point.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#19 » by ImSlower » Sat May 25, 2019 6:29 am

Agree to disagree, I guess. I think straddling Ewing on the ground, looking down, basically saying "Eat my [shorts]" is incredibly more disrespectful / challenging / alpha male-establishing etc than just the smirking double point. I loved Shawn Kemp, who wouldn't, and that is defintely another favorite 90s moment for me. I just think the stand-over "look up at my junk" staredown is, well, really ballsy.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#20 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:34 am

ImSlower wrote:Agree to disagree, I guess. I think straddling Ewing on the ground, looking down, basically saying "Eat my [shorts]" is incredibly more disrespectful / challenging / alpha male-establishing etc than just the smirking double point. I loved Shawn Kemp, who wouldn't, and that is defintely another favorite 90s moment for me. I just think the stand-over "look up at my junk" staredown is, well, really ballsy.

Yes, agree. The teabagging Ewing and subsequent "sit the **** down" to Spike Lee easily makes it the most disrespectful. Everything, even the bounce pass threading needles to bounce pass threading needles and as he describes "perfect arc" down the court and back to Spike. Just perfection and utter disrespect from top to bottom.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls