Image ImageImage Image

NBA FA Signings / Available players

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#861 » by samwana » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:22 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Give me Vince Carter. Still put up ok numbers last year, and I’ve always wanted him in a Bulls uniform. 2 decades too late, but I don’t care.

I would love him he seems to like to help the you g players adjust to the game too. Me thinks he is looking for a shot at a ring this year though.

If he doesn't want to play anymore, I wouldn't mind giving him a place on the bench as an assistant coach.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#862 » by StunnerKO » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#863 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:06 pm

Vince Carter returning to Hawks for one more year.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#864 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:56 am

Melo apparently transcends the role available.
If teams are serious about trying to compete he would be on another persons roster.

So it’s looking like he has been blackballed. Getting the AI treatment, his last video was impressive.
Even though AI gets the blackballed narrative sometimes, he got a 2nd chance and had some down years as a rotational player.

Basketball he can garner enough hype to get somebody to believe in him, if it was the nfl, after the caepernick thing, it would be a done deal, and hard to say being ready would give him another chance.

Melos problem imo was he had a visible loss of skill. To counter this I think he would have to essentialize his game and excel at the few most necessary skills. Also utilize his physical strengths like many players before him finally turn into forwards or centers as they decline.

His last video with nets was impressive. Of course I think he could help the bulls. It’s subjective cons that are keeping him from the roster not his objective ability.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#865 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:52 am

It's not that he isn't more talented than a lot of the role players around, he just hasn't shown the ability to play that specific role. If anything, that segement with Skip probably made Melo's case worse, because he kept harping on about having not learned how to play a smaller role, needed to be guided etc. Who has time for that for a role player? It's easier for teams to just sign the role player, who knows how to play a role, accepts it and not need extra attention to do so.
Why so serious?
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#866 » by Ayman78 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 am

I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#867 » by Indomitable » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 pm

Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?
He is a marginal one dimensional talent.
:banghead:
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#868 » by Ayman78 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 am

Indomitable wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?

He's a better team defender than general perception. Also that one dimension is a pivotal role in the modern NBA. Having a second unit of Coby, Denzel, Nik, Thad, and Luke gives that unit an instant identity, of legitimate threats from three point range. The more shooting you can get on this team the better they will be.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#869 » by sco » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Ayman78 wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Why?

He's a better team defender than general perception. Also that one dimension is a pivotal role in the modern NBA. Having a second unit of Coby, Denzel, Nik, Thad, and Luke gives that unit an instant identity, of legitimate threats from three point range. The more shooting you can get on this team the better they will be.

I prefer him to Dunn on the roster. I worry that the Bulls take away minutes from White (development) and Arci (earned) to spotlight Dunn for a trade. This strategy rarely (if ever) works and has opportunity cost.
:clap:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#870 » by drosereturn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Indomitable wrote:

Why?

For vet min, no brainer. Your asking literally MLE performance for 2mil guy which is absurd.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#871 » by mack2354 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 am

Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#872 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 am

mack2354 wrote:Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.

No thanks. He seems to have a reputation of being a little difficult. I'd prefer to take my chances on Hutchinson and Valentine over Shumpert as he is rather one-dimensional.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM

Post#873 » by sco » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:11 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
mack2354 wrote:Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.

No thanks. He seems to have a reputation of being a little difficult. I'd prefer to take my chances on Hutchinson and Valentine over Shumpert as he is rather one-dimensional.

I think the FO has worked extremely hard to bring in guys who are high character guys (and guys who will not give Kingpin much crap). You're right, I think Shump isn't that type of guy.
problymchyld04
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#874 » by problymchyld04 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am

Shump was hella nice last year on an uptempo squad like the Kings last year before he went to the Rockets. If the Bulls play uptempo like the Kings, then it couldn't hurt having him on that 2nd unit + everybody knows that Hutchinson and Valentine are both heavily injury prone, so in their case, you need a ton of bodies at the 3

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM mobile app
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#875 » by drosereturn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:45 am

problymchyld04 wrote:Shump was hella nice last year on an uptempo squad like the Kings last year before he went to the Rockets. If the Bulls play uptempo like the Kings, then it couldn't hurt having him on that 2nd unit + everybody knows that Hutchinson and Valentine are both heavily injury prone, so in their case, you need a ton of bodies at the 3

Does Hutch even have trade value?
I just wish he gets traded for #30 or a pair of two very high srps so FO can draft real talent.
The Bulls got baited when they took Blazers' guy. Instead they should have let them take their guy and draft the Blazer prospect.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#876 » by Indomitable » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:05 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Why?

For vet min, no brainer. Your asking literally MLE performance for 2mil guy which is absurd.

It serves no purpose. The Bulls have plenty of shooting. Get me another 6'8 wing who can move.
:banghead:
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#877 » by rtblues » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:33 am

Showtime23 wrote:
problymchyld04 wrote:Shump was hella nice last year on an uptempo squad like the Kings last year before he went to the Rockets. If the Bulls play uptempo like the Kings, then it couldn't hurt having him on that 2nd unit + everybody knows that Hutchinson and Valentine are both heavily injury prone, so in their case, you need a ton of bodies at the 3

Does Hutch even have trade value?
I just wish he gets traded for #30 or a pair of two very high srps so FO can draft real talent.
The Bulls got baited when they took Blazers' guy. Instead they should have let them take their guy and draft the Blazer prospect.

Yeah, if there was only like 1 good player picked after him that all the other teams passed on, okay, that happens every year.
But in that 2018 draft there were several other options who wound up being selected after Hutch. And yeah, I know of course that hindsight is 20-20, but the aggravating part to me was making "the promise" to him when they did. Didn't make sense then and in retrospect now. Here's a few guys from that draft selected after Hutch:
Landry Shamet; Robert Williams; Jalen Brunson; Mitchell Robinson; Rodions Kurucs; Justin Jackson; Hamidou Diallo

From the start I thought he was a big fish in a small pond, as his college team barely played anyone worth mentioning.
So he was essentially feeding off scrubs. Only Jon Morant types get a pass for that, as he was clearly a specimen regardless of the competition he was facing, which he proved in the NCAA tournament against better competition. So, in the end, I mainly ask what was it that pointed them so strongly to this player, and why was the stupid F-ing promise made when it was made, which seems way to early to make that commitment.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
sco
RealGM

Post#878 » by sco » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm

https://sportando.basketball/en/antonio-blakeney-agreed-to-terms-with-jiangsu/

Also, per rotoworld:

Joakim Noah will join the Clippers for workouts this week.
He had an individual workout with the Lakers in August before they signed Dwight Howard. Noah had a strong finish to the 2018-19 season with Memphis and still has plenty of gas left in the tank, so he would be a solid addition as a third-string center behind Ivica Zubac and Montrezl Harrell.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#879 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 pm

sco wrote:https://sportando.basketball/en/antonio-blakeney-agreed-to-terms-with-jiangsu/

Also, per rotoworld:

He had an individual workout with the Lakers in August before they signed Dwight Howard. Noah had a strong finish to the 2018-19 season with Memphis and still has plenty of gas left in the tank, so he would be a solid addition as a third-string center behind Ivica Zubac and Montrezl Harrell.

How many bigs is joakim better than on the bulls?
Felicio, kornet, Gafford come to mind.
Sure gafford and kornet are likeable and have potential but when available guys are arguably better than what you have then it’s kind of frustrating.
A guy like Melo is probably being blackballed but look at hutch, valentine and it’s easy who I’d rather get minutes for a competitive team.
sco
RealGM

Post#880 » by sco » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:02 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
sco wrote:https://sportando.basketball/en/antonio-blakeney-agreed-to-terms-with-jiangsu/

Also, per rotoworld:

How many bigs is joakim better than on the bulls?
Felicio, kornet, Gafford come to mind.
Sure gafford and kornet are likeable and have potential but when available guys are arguably better than what you have then it’s kind of frustrating.
A guy like Melo is probably being blackballed but look at hutch, valentine and it’s easy who I’d rather get minutes for a competitive team.

Yeah, I think the FO mantra is find the best players who won't be the slightest problem to coach and will serve as role models for young guys. Jo and Melo would be talent upgrades, but definitely not guys that you want as role models or think would mesh well with Kingpin. To be fair, I think that given how many divas there are in the NBA, I'd like to see a "boy scout" team be successful. Chemistry does matter. Of course, winning builds chemistry too.

Return to Chicago Bulls