Image ImageImage Image

Bulls resign Ryan Arcidiacono - 3yr / $9m

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Re: Bulls resign Ryan Arcidiacono - 3yr / $9m 

Post#361 » by dice » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:25 am

Chitownbulls wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:
Jerryd Bayless
Trey Burke
Quinn Cook
Shelvin Mack
Walt Lemon
Devin Harris
Emmanuel Mudiay (just signed 1yr 2.5mil)
JJ Barea (Just signed 1yr vet Minimum)
Ish Smith
Rajon Rondo
Alex Caruso
Tyus Jones
Ian Clark
Raymond Felton
TJ McConnell (just signed 2yrs 7mil)
Jamal Crawford
Jeremy Lin

Sure...here's 17 guys for you. Most of them are still available too. Didnt even mention RedLarrivee's favorite player Jerian Grant lol

You're losing it when you have to quote Quinn Cook.

He was terrible in GS next to Curry and co.

Most of those players are terrible.

Jamal Crawford? -6 BPM. Notorious chucker.

JJ Barea is coming off an achilles rupture.

Bulls fans...Quinn Cook sucks

Signs with LeBron James an the contending LA Lakers the next day lol

why in god's name would you think that the lakers signing a guy cements him as a good player? they've done a TERRIBLE job putting low $ players around lebron

but now at least they're finally putting shooters around lebron. cook might not be particularly good at anything else, but he can shoot
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#362 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:19 am

Chitownbulls wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:
Jerryd Bayless
Trey Burke
Quinn Cook
Shelvin Mack
Walt Lemon
Devin Harris
Emmanuel Mudiay (just signed 1yr 2.5mil)
JJ Barea (Just signed 1yr vet Minimum)
Ish Smith
Rajon Rondo
Alex Caruso
Tyus Jones
Ian Clark
Raymond Felton
TJ McConnell (just signed 2yrs 7mil)
Jamal Crawford
Jeremy Lin

Sure...here's 17 guys for you. Most of them are still available too. Didnt even mention RedLarrivee's favorite player Jerian Grant lol

You're losing it when you have to quote Quinn Cook.

He was terrible in GS next to Curry and co.

Most of those players are terrible.

Jamal Crawford? -6 BPM. Notorious chucker.

JJ Barea is coming off an achilles rupture.

Bulls fans...Quinn Cook sucks

Signs with LeBron James an the contending LA Lakers the next day lol

HORRIFIC logic since the Lakers have signed ABSOLUTE duds since Lebron's been there.

They resigned Rondo too.

Do you know what Lebron and Rondo's net rating was? It was one of the worst in the league.

Get real now.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#363 » by sco » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, I think Arci has developed into a very useful role player already, and he's under appreciated as that right now.
:clap:
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#364 » by logical_art » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm not sure why there's any controversy about this. Arci is a perfect 3rd PG and being paid as such. I'm sure he's great in practice and in a pinch he can run the team without **** things up.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#365 » by Chitownbulls » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:01 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:Matchups

Dunn would guard Russell Westbrook the whole game.....Ryan Arcidiacono would never get that chance. They would put him on Terrence Furguson or Andre Robison before letting him play Westbrook.

RPM is a trash stat....doesn't take into consideration injuries, coaching changes, player matchups or in season trades.

I think that post went over your head. I acknowledged that Dunn likely matches up better against more athletic point guards. However, that doesn't mean he has better overall defensive value. What you're describing is a situational matchup.

None of the things you named are important to a statistic. There isn't a stat that factors in injuries or coaching changes because none of those are quantitative. Trades don't have any impact aside from allowing you to continue understanding context.

If you're looking for a stat to address individual player matchups, then look at how Dunn fares against any particular player in terms of possessions or FGA. Defensive RPM looks at the average impact of a player on his TEAM'S defense by points allowed per/100.

Dunn is a fine defender, but his defensive impact on the Bulls is not that high to negate how poor of a fit he is on offense.

Felicio was the 15th best PF according to RPM

Markkanen had a negative RPM an he's our best player

RPM doesnt take into consideration injuries, coaching changes, midseason trades an matchups. All of these happened to the Bulls last season

RPM is a trash stat, far too many variables to be used seriously...especially when deciding who the better player is.
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Finfro
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#366 » by Finfro » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:20 am

Just found a fun hype-video of Arci. I'm hyped up! Arci definitely is an NBA-level talent. I think he has absolutely max'd out his potential so far and I think there is still room for improvement. I'm glad he is a Bull.

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#367 » by sco » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:36 pm

Fun watch!

The things that make Arci (AKA Captain 3rd Row) good are:

1) He has no illusions that he is anything other than a 5th option scorer and he builds his game around adding value when he isn't scoring (i.e. defense, setting up guys for better looks, even setting picks - in fact I saw more pick body contact in that video than I saw from Portis his whole time here). Being a 5th option guy is not about not shooting, it's about shooting when you're open and knowing not to shoot when you're not.

2) His offensive game is built around scoring while knowing most opponents are bigger, stronger and faster than you - i.e. craftiness and awareness. That said, scoring in the NBA is about 2 things...an ability to make open shots and getting separation to get open shots - that can be from height, speed, leaping, strength OR craftiness. What I've noticed is that Arci has worked on a number of crafty moves/shots in during his time with the Bulls.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls