Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,580

Re: Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season 

Post#1341 » by dice » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:40 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
dice wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:Ultimately, everything that happened that season led the Bulls to a coin toss with the Kings, which they won. If they lost that coin toss, they jump to #2 and are in position to draft Doncic (if they wanted to). So, they still had a good chance even with everything that happened

so losing another game or two wouldn't have changed anything. they would've had to lose 3-4 more games to POSSIBLY end up w/ doncic

I don't think you can put it that way. The point is, decided on a coin flip, we could have had the number 2 pick.

yes, we had to WIN games to get into that coin flip, though. had we won one more game we would have ended up with sacramento's lottery odds
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#1342 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:45 am

I really like this Suns Team without Ayton. I really like the way the team flows I'm afraid when he comes back it might not be a good thing.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1343 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:50 am

Really see the confidence growing in this Suns team. You can see it in their eyes as they begin to realize that they can play with Philly and that they might just be one of the top teams in the league. That "hey, why not us?" look.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#1344 » by Just_Bullz » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:04 am

Dresden wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:I would use the word "superstar" with care. Only ring bearers who are at least first or second option on their team can be considered as one in my humble opinion.

No way, AD is a superstar, and he has no rings. Ditto James Harden. Chas Barkley was a superstar, and he had no rings. Karl Malone one of the best pf's ever, and no rings.

And that's why they are not superstars in my books. The epitome of an NBA player is to win a title and being the top 2 player of that winning team propels one to super stardom. The players you mentioned are great in their own ways but they never had the extra gear or luck to win a title.

To be a superstar, you have to be an exclusive batch. That's how I look at it.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#1345 » by Just_Bullz » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:06 am

dice wrote:
Dresden wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:I would use the word "superstar" with care. Only ring bearers who are at least first or second option on their team can be considered as one in my humble opinion.

No way, AD is a superstar, and he has no rings. Ditto James Harden. Chas Barkley was a superstar, and he had no rings. Karl Malone one of the best pf's ever, and no rings.

apparently derrick rose was never a superstar. nor elgin baylor

good thing KG got out of minnesota. and oscar robertson got traded to play with kareem. otherwise they never would've become superstars

Rose was a supernova, burns bright but for a short while due to injuries. Yes, trades and luck play a part. That's life.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,580

Post#1346 » by dice » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:10 am

Just_Bullz wrote:
dice wrote:
Dresden wrote:

apparently derrick rose was never a superstar. nor elgin baylor

good thing KG got out of minnesota. and oscar robertson got traded to play with kareem. otherwise they never would've become superstars

Rose was a supernova, burns bright but for a short while due to injuries. Yes, trades and luck play a part. That's life.

ah, so he was a superNOVA, but not a superSTAR. gotcha
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#1347 » by MrSparkle » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:18 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Really see the confidence growing in this Suns team. You can see it in their eyes as they begin to realize that they can play with Philly and that they might just be one of the top teams in the league. That "hey, why not us?" look.

I’m a big Rubio fan. I regret the Bulls skipped him.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1348 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:26 am

I'm just loving this Suns team right now. Ricky Rubio is playing outstanding basketball. He's knocked down three triples tonight. He just makes the whole team go
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1349 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:32 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:I'm just loving this Suns team right now. Ricky Rubio is playing outstanding basketball. He's knocked down three triples tonight. He just makes the whole team go

Hiring Monty Williams and hiring Ricky Rubio are two big culture changing moves that set this Suns franchise in the right path.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#1350 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:34 am

PHX is 5-2 right now. We probably should have their record.
The Cult of Personality
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1351 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:35 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:I'm just loving this Suns team right now. Ricky Rubio is playing outstanding basketball. He's knocked down three triples tonight. He just makes the whole team go

Hiring Monty Williams and hiring Ricky Rubio are two big culture changing moves that set this Suns franchise in the right path.
Don't forget James Jones. I think that was also a terrific hire.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1352 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:37 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:PHX is 5-2 right now. We probably should have their record.

Difference between them and us is they have a really high IQ primary ball-handler who can get anywhere he wants on the floor at any time. Makes the whole team better.

And I have to admit I've never been a big Devin Booker fan but he's taking the step that we were all hoping Zach LaVine would take this year. Have to admit his playing terrific. Rubio just makes everyone around him better.

Maybe if we had the Suns GM and the Suns coach we would actually look like a professional basketball team, too.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#1353 » by mtron32 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:42 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

Difference between them and us is they have a really high IQ primary ball-handler who can get anywhere he wants on the floor at any time. Makes the whole team better.

And I have to admit I've never been a big Devin Booker fan but he's taking the step that we were all hoping Zach LaVine would take this year. Have to admit his playing terrific. Rubio just makes everyone around him better.

Maybe if we had the Suns GM and the Suns coach we would actually look like a professional basketball team, too.

Happy for the Suns, now maybe Bulls fans can let go of the Zach Booker comps.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1354 » by jake_swivel » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:50 am

Dresden wrote:Man, is NOP bad. Getting hammered by the Nets tonight. Zion sure does not have much to work with there. He'll probably do his 4 years and then join the Lakers or Knicks or Celtics.

Really? I think that a Zion/Ingram pairing is going to be real fun. And they have a boatload of picks. I think they'll be fine.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,360

Post#1355 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Nov 5, 2019 4:51 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. The Suns have been the worst run franchise for years.
The Cult of Personality
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,825

Post#1356 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 5:03 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

I want to point out that I was advocating Rubio as a free agent target! He may be older, but he is as good as it gets in regards to a floor general.

And while Suns are looking to have turned the corner, it has taken years for this to transpire, I mean YEARS AND YEARS, so using them as some sort of model to aspire for is not the way to go about it.
Why so serious?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#1357 » by FriedRise » Tue Nov 5, 2019 5:05 am

Freakin Suns man, that should’ve been us this year. They stole our team profile and aspirations and ran with it. Proves to you how it’s not just about the collective talent, but that coaching and basketball IQ also matter.

Swap Monty Williams with Boylen and Booker with LaVine and I think they'd be looking at 2-5 instead of 5-2.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#1358 » by MeloRoseNoah » Tue Nov 5, 2019 5:06 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. The Suns have been the worst run franchise for years.

A new GM and a new coach. Suddenly the team is winning games instead of competing for lottery balls.

Need to clean all the admin chunps at the top before we start winning games again.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1359 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:22 am

RedBulls23 wrote:

And how easy that could've been us, but we dont hire smart capable people.. Well smart people dont even run the club,soo.. I really hoped for Monty to come here instead of Jimbo clown and Rubio was also pretty logical fit,Baynes was top on my list for veteran C, but here we are lol.. Btw.Im really happy for Suns!
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1360 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:24 am

FriedRise wrote:Freakin Suns man, that should’ve been us this year. They stole our team profile and aspirations and ran with it. Proves to you how it’s not just about the collective talent, but that coaching and basketball IQ also matter.

Swap Monty Williams with Boylen and Booker with LaVine and I think they'd be looking at 2-5 instead of 5-2.

Rubio, Baynes, Saric all pretty good vets are nice part of that too.. Rubio and Baynes would be great fit here, they were up high on my offseason wish list.

Return to Chicago Bulls