Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#361 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:09 pm

MAQ wrote:Wait...LeBron has 27 attempts? That doesn't seem accurate.

Why not?

You realize he's played in 50 more playoff games than MJ, right?
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#362 » by Mirotek » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm

What do you guys think about bringing in Jeremy Lin as a vet?
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#363 » by poolshark52 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:44 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
MAQ wrote:Wait...LeBron has 27 attempts? That doesn't seem accurate.

Why not?

You realize he's played in 50 more playoff games than MJ, right?

I'm surprised he hasn't caught on anywhere. Don't see it happening unless we can unload Dunn though.
Nwaba daba doo!
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#364 » by PaKii94 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:05 pm

dice wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
dice wrote:-wiggins was the #1 prospect in the nation coming out of college
-of the american college first round nba draft picks in 2014 he ranked 11 out of 24 in college BPM. he was taken #1 overall

-2014 first rounders ranked by rookie contract VORP, followed by their annual salary in their first post-rookie deal:

5 anderson 9
4.2 g harris 18.5
4.1 smart 13
3.9 payton 3
3.4 gordon 19
3.2 embiid 29
2.2 hood 6
1.7 randle 9
1.2 warren 12
0.9 parker 20
0.2 napier 2
0.1 j adams 0
-0.1 lavine 19.5
-0.2 mcgary 0
-0.3 wilcox 0
-0.5 huestis 0
-0.5 j young 0
-1 hairston 0
-1.2 a payne 0

-1.3 wiggins 29
-1.5 t ennis 0
-1.6 vonleh 2
-1.7 stauskas 2
-1.8 mcdermott 7

mcdermott is another lucky bastard. outside of top 100 prospects coming out of HS, 19th out of 24 amongst american first round picks in college BPM, still taken 10th in draft, kept getting playing time in pros despite poor performance, resulting in biggest negative value to his team amongst ALL first rounders, still cashes with solid second contract

kyle anderson is an interesting case in that he was the #3 prospect coming out of HS, did very well in college despite a poor freshman year offensively, somehow fell all the way to the bottom of the first round, was an excellent all-around contributor for the spurs (top of his draft class in VORP!) but only got 9 mil a year in his second deal. not even the spurs recognized his value after 4 years playing there at a high level!

That's interesting to see. I forget, does VORP account for minutes played?

assuming all else equal, different minutes equals different VORP

Hmm then maybe this isn't the best stat to use? Unless you normalize it to minutes since not everyone got the same time to play. On the other hand this makes Mcdermott's results more damning. He definitely got enough minutes and still was at the bottom of the list
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#365 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Mirotek wrote:What do you guys think about bringing in Jeremy Lin as a vet?

If they are able to open up a roster spot sure by trading Dunn, then sure (also would have to waive Shaq). Though I'd rather have Jamal Crawford or Vince Carter.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#366 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
ChicagoStrong wrote:If the any front offices changes were to be made, Ryan West would be a guy to look at.

Besides his last name, what makes him so special?

He's the dude credited with banging the table for Russell and Clarkson so he has an eye for talent supposedly.
NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#367 » by NDave79 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:18 am

A little love for Young here. It seems like we added a great vet presence.

Read on Twitter

A lot of support in the comments as well. Here are a few examples.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#368 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:10 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
ChicagoStrong wrote:If the any front offices changes were to be made, Ryan West would be a guy to look at.

Besides his last name, what makes him so special?

He's the dude credited with banging the table for Russell and Clarkson so he has an eye for talent supposedly.

So, two hits in 10 years and they traded both guys anyway :dontknow:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#369 » by Butler4thewin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 am

Zion might get taller is crazy if he ends up getting another boost with his athleticism
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#370 » by suckfish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:56 pm

Butler4thewin wrote:Zion might get taller is crazy if he ends up getting another boost with his athleticism

Grow or shed a ton of weight.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#371 » by ZOMG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:21 pm

suckfish wrote:
Butler4thewin wrote:Zion might get taller is crazy if he ends up getting another boost with his athleticism

IMO it’s a horrible sign that Zion turned up at Summer League overweight and out of shape. And it’s not the first time either. I recall reading that he had a major lapse like this in HS as well.

You can’t be a teenager who ”plays himself into shape”. You just can’t.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#372 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 pm

ZOMG wrote:
suckfish wrote:

IMO it’s a horrible sign that Zion turned up at Summer League overweight and out of shape. And it’s not the first time either. I recall reading that he had a major lapse like this in HS as well.

It's actually pretty understandable. He was traveling a lot and doing interviews. There's not much time to work out when you're doing that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Post#373 » by sco » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Meh...he'll either figure it out or injury will figure it out for him. That said, with his endorsement deal, he's already set for life. We'll see if he goes all Felicio on Pels or not.
:clap:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,543

Post#374 » by dice » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:48 pm

ZOMG wrote:
suckfish wrote:

and yet he got it together and obliterated college basketball

sounds a lot like a few other guys with conditioning issues who were pretty solid nba players - barkley, shaq, noah. I don't see zion going the sweetney route. too high profile a player. he'll be under the microscope. i COULD potentially see a shawn kemp situation where he goes soft at some point as he passes his prime. that was shaq to some degree as well
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#375 » by bledredwine » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:55 pm

dice wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
suckfish wrote:

sounds a lot like a few other guys with conditioning issues who were pretty solid nba players - barkley, shaq, noah. I don't see zion going the sweetney route. too high profile a player. he'll be under the microscope. i COULD potentially see a shawn kemp situation where he goes soft at some point as he passes his prime. that was shaq to some degree as well

Hi Dice!

That Harden playoffs was sure in the same league as Jordan ;) gotta say you were absolutely right. Everyone’s ranking Harden as the best player in the league now over Kawhi Leonard because of his offensive dominance in the playoffs. He’s definitely on the same level of scorer as Michael Jordan. That 35 percent shooting performance was impressive! Playoff defense doesn’t even phase him.

Fun little fact- James Harden has not been the best scorer in the playoffs for a single year of his career. Harden is the third best scorer behind Durant and Kawhi. Third, currently, not even measuring all time.
So you tell me who was being more reasonable in retrospect.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,407

Post#376 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:11 am

dice wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
suckfish wrote:

Yeah it’s fun to clown on him but I have no issue with his weight gain. He clearly wasn’t training (and over training is an issue). Barkley did fine in his career and isn’t Zion most compared to the Round Mound?
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#377 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:16 am

Remember I said Justin holiday lived near my job, well I heard that he wasn't planning on moving there but only looking to rent a condo or something there.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#378 » by R3AL1TY » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:56 pm

KD's past statement about the environment around LeBron being toxic seems more valid with Griffin's recent comment about feeling miserable with the Cavs. I wouldn't be surprised if that environment contributed to both K Love's and Tyronn Lue's depression too. The pressure to win a championship, the media expecting Lebron's team to be the favorite outside of the Warriors, the media blaming his teammates exclusively when they lose, and the media and LeBron expecting the FO to get top money players to play with him while LeBron only plays one way all is a lot to deal with if you want to be down with the King.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#379 » by madvillian » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:19 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
suckfish wrote:

It's actually pretty understandable. He was traveling a lot and doing interviews. There's not much time to work out when you're doing that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think it's a caution flag for him. Red flag would be showing up to camp in the same weight and "expecting to lean down" during preseason. That's the sort of thinking that led Joakim Noah to be a slow starter almost every year. If you show up to camp that out of shape you're putting yourself 2-4 weeks behind the guys that actually took care of their body in the offseason and setting yourself up for increased injury risk. Noah was never fat but his summer routine of banging models, beach side modelos and blunts didn't exactly set him up for early season success.

Personally I think Zion is training for the wrong sport. He'd be well served to slim down like Draymond even if it means losing some muscle mass.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#380 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Aug 3, 2019 2:21 am

Some guys let's that weight get on because they know they will shred up during the season.

Return to Chicago Bulls