Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#61 » by Benedict Miller » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:22 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:Who's going to contain Anthony Davis on the Clippers? Lakers have a definite advantage in the front court.

Who's guarding George and Kawhi? LeBron will actually have to put effort in defensively after taking last season off. Then there's Lou Williams too.

This is going to be one hell of a lineup:

Williams, Beverley, Leonard, George, Harrell.

4 high level shooters, 3 elite defenders, 2 premier scorers, and the best bench scorer in the league.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yep.. Im rooting for Clips to win title this year! My clear favourite no.1

I'm rooting for the Clippers also, but people acting like Anthony Davis and LeBron James won't defeat, James Harden and Chris Paul, Damian Lliard and CJ McCollum etc. Lakers are a contender in my opinion.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#62 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:14 am

Benedict Miller wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Who's guarding George and Kawhi? LeBron will actually have to put effort in defensively after taking last season off. Then there's Lou Williams too.

4 high level shooters, 3 elite defenders, 2 premier scorers, and the best bench scorer in the league.

yep.. Im rooting for Clips to win title this year! My clear favourite no.1

I'm rooting for the Clippers also, but people acting like Anthony Davis and LeBron James won't defeat, James Harden and Chris Paul, Damian Lliard and CJ McCollum etc. Lakers are a contender in my opinion.

I agree.. they are contender for sure - the Lakers! West will be one tough conference again to get in playoffs! Clippers, Lakers, Jazz, Nuggets are my top 4 -- but then you have Rockets, Blazers, Warriors, Spurs can suprise, Mavericks, Pelicans... its just daaamn, like warzone there haha
navdeep_singh
Senior
And1: 291

Post#63 » by navdeep_singh » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:19 pm

Ok, I get the conception of "best bench scorer in the league". But Williams is a 42%/35% from 3P player. That's not good. Straight out chucker.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#64 » by jc23 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:53 pm

If your the clips you can let ad get his, klaw will smother LeBron and we all know the type of offense his teams play. Cousins was a good signing for the lakers but in crunch time he will get abused. Still have to see how healthy either team will be but the clips just have better two way team balance.
Be curious, Not judgmental
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#65 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:55 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:I wonder what kind of team Raptors can ansamble together,they signed two SF - Hollis Jefferson and Stanley Johnson.
They have a lot of work to do,to set up a good playoff team..

Current team :
Lowry, N.Powell, Hollis Jefferson, Siakam, Gasol
Van Fleet, Terrence Davis, S.Johnson, OG Anunoby, Ibaka, C.Boucher, D.Hernandez

It's an interesting question. Who is going to score for the Raptors? I mean, they scored well enough when Kawhi wasn't playing last season, so they'll get points - but you really only have one above average scorer on that team - Siakam - though Lowry can be, and VanVleet can get hot...

Still. They could use a trade of one of their defenders for a bench scorer / conscience-less chucker. Dion Waiters comes to mind, though would be hard for them to make the salaries match. Resigning McCaw would help - he can score a bit.

Another guy who would fit off the bench for them, if he would take very little salary (not that there's much left out there) would be Jabari Parker.

If Denzel looks good / healthy for the Bulls, I wonder if the Raps would trade Anunoby for him to balance the roster out. RHJ and Stanley Johnson are similar defensive wings to Anunoby, although only there for 1 year rather than 2.

Anunoby would be a hedge on Hutchinson not developing / Porter leaving...
MGB8
RealGM

Post#66 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:00 pm

jc23 wrote:If your the clips you can let ad get his, klaw will smother LeBron and we all know the type of offense his teams play. Cousins was a good signing for the lakers but in crunch time he will get abused. Still have to see how healthy either team will be but the clips just have better two way team balance.

Do they have any ability to bring back JaMychel Green? That team is going to miss Galinari more than folks thing - Harrell is a good "bully ball" F/C but he doesn't bring the versatility and spacing that Gallo did for the Clips (when healthy, which was almost all of last season!). Moe Harkless is an ok player, but ideally a bench combo F rather than a starter.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#67 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:02 pm

MGB8 wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:I wonder what kind of team Raptors can ansamble together,they signed two SF - Hollis Jefferson and Stanley Johnson.

Current team :

It's an interesting question. Who is going to score for the Raptors? I mean, they scored well enough when Kawhi wasn't playing last season, so they'll get points - but you really only have one above average scorer on that team - Siakam - though Lowry can be, and VanVleet can get hot...

Still. They could use a trade of one of their defenders for a bench scorer / conscience-less chucker. Dion Waiters comes to mind, though would be hard for them to make the salaries match. Resigning McCaw would help - he can score a bit.

Another guy who would fit off the bench for them, if he would take very little salary (not that there's much left out there) would be Jabari Parker.

If Denzel looks good / healthy for the Bulls, I wonder if the Raps would trade Anunoby for him to balance the roster out. RHJ and Stanley Johnson are similar defensive wings to Anunoby, although only there for 1 year rather than 2.

Raps seem to be good at developing young kids who are projects. They will be fine, IMO. Obviously, not championship level but not lottery type team either without Kawhi. They have a lot of expiring contracts and they can swing a few trades.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#68 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:07 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Current team :

Raps seem to be good at developing young kids who are projects. They will be fine, IMO. Obviously, not championship level but not lottery type team either without Kawhi. They have a lot of expiring contracts and they can swing a few trades.

I'm not sure about the trades part. Maybe if injuries strike. But is there really going to be a lot of interest in Ibaka, Gasol or Lowry? Ibaka is useful as a playoff defender against Draymond Green and maybe against Anthony Davis... but who has matching salary that would have something interesting / useful for Toronto?

Gasol is more a guy you get to deal with Embiid - maybe Boogie if he has a big bounce back year - and here the Bucks have the Lopez twins, who else is going to make a move for him at his salary.

And I just doubt that the Raptors trade Lowry (particularly after trading DeRozan) unless he asks out. And, at this point, with that contract, I'm not sure where there would be interest. Maybe Miami if they don't get Westbrook.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#69 » by sco » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:19 pm

Current team :

Honestly, THAT team should go after Westbrook. They have the right mix of defenders and role players to complement him.
:clap:
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#70 » by Benedict Miller » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:28 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:Who's going to contain Anthony Davis on the Clippers? Lakers have a definite advantage in the front court.

Lakers have a size advantage

Rebounding and shot blocking edge goes to the Lakers with Davis, McGee, Cousins.

While Kawhi is probably the best player in the league, it's still a tall task to battle, 6'8 250 LeBron James and carry the load.

Davis, James is still a top duo in the NBA and will compliment each offensively better than Kawhi and George.

McGee or Cousins
Davis Kuzma
LeBron Kuzma
Green Bradley KCP
Bradley Rondo Cook

In multiple ways the Lakers have a hell of a lineup and a bench also.

I'm not a Lakers fan, I'm going for the Clippers, but let's not let hate blind us on knowing how good the Lakers can be. Love the depth of the league, but lets not get too carried away, if healthy the Lakers are definite contenders and have depth.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#71 » by MGB8 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:42 pm

Benedict Miller wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Lakers have a size advantage

Rebounding and shot blocking edge goes to the Lakers with Davis, McGee, Cousins.

While Kawhi is the probably the best player in the league, it's still a tall task to battle, 6'8 250 LeBron James and carry the load.

Davis, James is still a top duo in the NBA and will compliment each offensively better than Kawhi and George.

McGee or Cousins
Davis Kuzma
LeBron Kuzma
Green Bradley KCP
Bradley Rondo Cook

In multiple ways the Lakers have a hell of a lineup and a bench also.

I'm not a Lakers fan, I'm going for the Clippers, but let's not let hate blind us on knowing how good the Lakers can be. Love the depth of the league, but lets not get too carried away, if healthy Lakers are definite contenders and have depth.

Fun depth chart comparison:

Clippers:

G: Beverly, Williams, Shamet, Hands
W: Leonard, George, McGruder, Robinson, Mann
F: Ja.Green, Harkless
F/C: Harrell, Zubac, Kabengele

Lakers:

G: A.Bradley, Cook, Rondo, Caruso
W: D.Green, KCP, THT
F: James, Kuzma
F/C: A.Davis, Cousins, McGree

Looking at that roster... that's why they should have spent on Marcus Morris rather than Danny Green... Between KCP and other guys out there - Iggy if he gets bought out, Korver, bringing back Nwaba, etc., could have found enough playable guys at the wing and guard spots. But a good forward that can cover the 3 and 4 is not as easy to find.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:10 pm

Jerami Grant traded to Nuggets, another solid PF/SF for backup Millsap, Barton and Craig
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#73 » by Axolotl » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:33 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Jerami Grant traded to Nuggets, another solid PF/SF for backup Millsap, Barton and Craig

Nuggets are deep now, it's like their bench has a full set starting calibre players + a few extra.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#74 » by Payt10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:35 pm

The Thunder are going to an ungodly amount of picks coming up the next few years. Even more than Boston had after the trade with the Nets from a few years ago. What are they up to now after these two trades, 6 future 1st's and two pick swaps?
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#75 » by TheStig » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:57 am

Payt10 wrote:The Thunder are going to an ungodly amount of picks coming up the next few years. Even more than Boston had after the trade with the Nets from a few years ago. What are they up to now after these two trades, 6 future 1st's and two pick swaps?

The Celtics got the #1 and #3 and the #8 they traded for kyrie in that deal.

These LAC and Nuggets picks are not going to be that good. Both are contenders and will be well out of the lottery.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#76 » by Butler4thewin » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:19 am

Raps should trade fow rw that way he has to play team ball knowing khawhi did that and wont it all with that squad

Rw and Wiggins should be there targets together

Give up picks for rw and Kyle for Wiggins
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#77 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:22 am

Man tacko fall is really physically impressive. Almost doesn't even look 7'6 because he so well proportioned. They say he is on 6,000 calories a day to maintain weight.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:15 am

Mech Engineer wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Current team :

this undrafted SG Terrence Davis looks pretty good in SL,they signed him.. plays for Denver in SL
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 766

Post#79 » by ThreeMileAllan » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:45 am

TheStig wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Southpaw wrote:Who says no on a CP3 for RW trade? That'd be fun haha

OKC says no. Paul’s contract is horrid, he’s injury prone and old, and would be an absolute crybaby ass clown if he got traded to a bad team.

IDK Westbrook has an extra year on his deal for 47 mill.

But I think the Pistons or Heat will come up with shorter deals in trade.

Let's be honest, Westbrook isn't being traded for any real assets. Just shorter and smaller deals.
Would a 3 way trade with Houston, Detroit, OKC work?

Houston gets RW
Detroit gets CP3
OKC gets pieces and picks from both Rockets and Pistons

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,897

Post#80 » by TheStig » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:16 pm

ThreeMileAllan wrote:
TheStig wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
OKC says no. Paul’s contract is horrid, he’s injury prone and old, and would be an absolute crybaby ass clown if he got traded to a bad team.

IDK Westbrook has an extra year on his deal for 47 mill.

But I think the Pistons or Heat will come up with shorter deals in trade.

Let's be honest, Westbrook isn't being traded for any real assets. Just shorter and smaller deals.
Would a 3 way trade with Houston, Detroit, OKC work?

Houston gets RW
Detroit gets CP3
OKC gets pieces and picks from both Rockets and Pistons

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CP3 is not going to Detroit. Blake and him did not get along. And OKC isn't getting assets from both.

Westbrook's value is pretty low. Realistically, here is the best they can really do.

Reggie Jackson/Tony Snell/Langston Galloway and this years 1st.

Dragic/James Johnson or Dion Waiters and like a 2025 1st.

Return to Chicago Bulls