Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, AshyLarrysDiaper, Payt10, RedBulls23, dougthonus, fleet, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN

User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,036
And1: 2,595
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#601 » by ImSlower » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:15 pm

Arrest warrant out for Cousins after he just threatened to kill his baby mama for not allowing their son to attend his marriage to another woman. I feel very badly for that kid, who has a millionaire dad who has already moved on from his mother enough to threaten to kill her, and a mom who hates his dad enough to not allow him to be a part of his dad's important day.

No winners here. I doubt he'll ever stop foot on an NBA court again between his injury and this.
Jimmy Buckets gonna knock you out!!
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,991
And1: 15,845
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#602 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:38 pm

He won't get time, but with his injuries and now this, I don't think many teams will give him another chance. His career looks all about done.

Still, he has made a pretty penny thorugh his career so far.
Why so serious?
User avatar
samwana
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 1,729
Joined: Jul 24, 2002
Location: Munich (Germany)
 

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#603 » by samwana » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 am

He seems to be one of those guys that are so stupid that he'll be broke in another few years

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Why support #FireGar??

this is why
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,056
And1: 15,751
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#604 » by GimmeDat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:32 am

;list=PLCXERy73Oiz_3PaXksTicC_zku9R6rDw2&index=13

USA for Satoransky tomorrow.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
Posts: 32,171
And1: 16,698
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#605 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am

ImSlower wrote:Arrest warrant out for Cousins after he just threatened to kill his baby mama for not allowing their son to attend his marriage to another woman. I feel very badly for that kid, who has a millionaire dad who has already moved on from his mother enough to threaten to kill her, and a mom who hates his dad enough to not allow him to be a part of his dad's important day.

No winners here. I doubt he'll ever stop foot on an NBA court again between his injury and this.


Cousins is an idiot and always has been. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but like you, I do feel sorry for his kid. I guess he's choked his ex before as well, so this isn't the first time he's been violent and the threat does not appear to be idle. She has it on tape and he apparently said he would go as far as hiring somebody else to put a bullet in her head (said that he would see that a bullet was put in her head even if he didn't have to get his own hands dirty- he didn't know he was being recorded saying this so it is serious). So, I don't blame her for not wanting the child near him, or at his wedding. I don't care how crazy she might be or what she's done. The fact that he's choked her and threatened to put a bullet in her head says it all about him.

Yeah, he's done in the NBA. Good riddance. I hope he winds up in prison where he belongs.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
Posts: 32,171
And1: 16,698
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#606 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:10 am

kulaz3000 wrote:He won't get time, but with his injuries and now this, I don't think many teams will give him another chance. His career looks all about done.

Still, he has made a pretty penny thorugh his career so far.


He might very well get time. If he threatened to make sure a bullet was put in her head (even if he didn't have to get his own hands dirty doing it) and she has it on tape, he could do time for sure. Especially if she can prove that he has choked her in the past also. That is basically saying he would hire somebody to shoot her in the head if she didn't let the kid come to his wedding. That is serious.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 45,109
And1: 2,378
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#607 » by MAQ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Arrest warrant out for Cousins after he just threatened to kill his baby mama for not allowing their son to attend his marriage to another woman. I feel very badly for that kid, who has a millionaire dad who has already moved on from his mother enough to threaten to kill her, and a mom who hates his dad enough to not allow him to be a part of his dad's important day.

No winners here. I doubt he'll ever stop foot on an NBA court again between his injury and this.


Cousins is an idiot and always has been. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but like you, I do feel sorry for his kid. I guess he's choked his ex before as well, so this isn't the first time he's been violent and the threat does not appear to be idle. She has it on tape and he apparently said he would go as far as hiring somebody else to put a bullet in her head (said that he would see that a bullet was put in her head even if he didn't have to get his own hands dirty- he didn't know he was being recorded saying this so it is serious). So, I don't blame her for not wanting the child near him, or at his wedding. I don't care how crazy she might be or what she's done. The fact that he's choked her and threatened to put a bullet in her head says it all about him.

Yeah, he's done in the NBA. Good riddance. I hope he winds up in prison where he belongs.

In this case, I do feel bad for him. Not to excuse his actions to any extent, but just to say I understand them.

I can absolutely understanding going to a place of irrationality due to the mother of your child not allowing the child to attend a major life event of yours. That's toxic as ****. And again DMC didn't make it any better, but this woman comes off like a bitch, IMO.

Whether it's true or not that he choked her, it's obvious that he needs to grow emotionally. But the situation regarding the threat, I totally get from his POV and do feel bad as a person that also had to learn to be less controlling and emotional.

Both of you were right...the kid seems like the loser of this situation.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
Hangtime84
RealGM
Posts: 18,447
And1: 3,391
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Location: Rogers Park
     

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#608 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:44 pm

MAQ wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Arrest warrant out for Cousins after he just threatened to kill his baby mama for not allowing their son to attend his marriage to another woman. I feel very badly for that kid, who has a millionaire dad who has already moved on from his mother enough to threaten to kill her, and a mom who hates his dad enough to not allow him to be a part of his dad's important day.

No winners here. I doubt he'll ever stop foot on an NBA court again between his injury and this.


Cousins is an idiot and always has been. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but like you, I do feel sorry for his kid. I guess he's choked his ex before as well, so this isn't the first time he's been violent and the threat does not appear to be idle. She has it on tape and he apparently said he would go as far as hiring somebody else to put a bullet in her head (said that he would see that a bullet was put in her head even if he didn't have to get his own hands dirty- he didn't know he was being recorded saying this so it is serious). So, I don't blame her for not wanting the child near him, or at his wedding. I don't care how crazy she might be or what she's done. The fact that he's choked her and threatened to put a bullet in her head says it all about him.

Yeah, he's done in the NBA. Good riddance. I hope he winds up in prison where he belongs.

In this case, I do feel bad for him. Not to excuse his actions to any extent, but just to say I understand them.

I can absolutely understanding going to a place of irrationality due to the mother of your child not allowing the child to attend a major life event of yours. That's toxic as ****. And again DMC didn't make it any better, but this woman comes off like a bitch, IMO.

Whether it's true or not that he choked her, it's obvious that he needs to grow emotionally. But the situation regarding the threat, I totally get from his POV and do feel bad as a person that also had to learn to be less controlling and emotional.

Both of you were right...the kid seems like the loser of this situation.


His baby momma is using the kid as a tool to get under cousins skin, not cool.

Whenever I see situations like that imo both parents are being inconsiderate and acting not rational. Major loss for the child.

I wish they can eventually see they are using that child as catalyst to open old wounds.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?


If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.


Play Zach LaVine at point committee...
User avatar
madvillian
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 4,068
Joined: Dec 23, 2004
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#609 » by madvillian » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:22 pm

If he wanted joint custody he could have had it but he didn't want anything to do with his child until he could use him as a prop at his wedding. Don't "both sides" this POS. **** Boogie he's trash that is stuck in a state of arrested development.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.


I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,036
And1: 2,595
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#610 » by ImSlower » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm not defending the woman whatsoever. It sounds like a toxic relationship that never should have produced children. He has a history of aggression, we know that. We don't know if he was threatening to her in front of the child, or anything else about their personal life. If she had custody, that is the literal definition of the term - it's her choice to keep the child from his father if she as guardian feels the need to. So, sure, she could be an awful petty woman who is pushing poor Boogie to threatening murder and using their child, simply out of spite. She could just as easily be an awful petty woman who happens to fear for her or her child's safety with Boogie around, or simply does not want her son to let his father be an influencer in his development.

Basically, I don't think people like Boogie Cousins or his ex should have children, and it hurts me that some poor kid will eventually know that his mom and dad hate each other to the point of secret recording and threats of premeditated murder.

I think Boogie Cousins is a stain on humanity, so I wouldn't be able to sit on his jury.
Jimmy Buckets gonna knock you out!!
User avatar
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 45,109
And1: 2,378
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#611 » by MAQ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:53 pm

madvillian wrote:If he wanted joint custody he could have had it but he didn't want anything to do with his child until he could use him as a prop at his wedding. Don't "both sides" this POS. **** Boogie he's trash that is stuck in a state of arrested development.

Im speaking on this from a place of ignorance so have patience with me. Could he really have gotten joint custody? Seems easy to grant sole custody to the parent who doesn't travel half the year for work?
Didn't Dwade have to put up a hell of a fight to get joint custody when he had proof his ex wife wasn't all that fit to be the sole parent? Or did they already have joint custody and that battle wad for sole custody to Dwyane?

Either way, even if Cousins's motives are questionable, that doesnt make the actions of this woman any more palatable.

Two toxic people doing toxic things to each other.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
ZOMG
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,464
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#612 » by ZOMG » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Remember when quite a few Bulls fans wanted Cousins here? That was like two months ago.
---------
Red Larrivee wrote:Zion Williamson can be a lot more than an all-star. He has the potential to be the best player in the world.
User avatar
Axl Rose
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,839
And1: 3,173
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Location: Superunknown

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#613 » by Axl Rose » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 pm

ZOMG wrote:Remember when quite a few Bulls fans wanted Cousins here? That was like two months ago.


Rebuild his value and trade him for an asset!!!!!!
Have I run too far to get home?
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,935
And1: 22,664
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#614 » by DuckIII » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 pm

MAQ wrote:
madvillian wrote:If he wanted joint custody he could have had it but he didn't want anything to do with his child until he could use him as a prop at his wedding. Don't "both sides" this POS. **** Boogie he's trash that is stuck in a state of arrested development.

Im speaking on this from a place of ignorance so have patience with me. Could he really have gotten joint custody? Seems easy to grant sole custody to the parent who doesn't travel half the year for work?
Didn't Dwade have to put up a hell of a fight to get joint custody when he had proof his ex wife wasn't all that fit to be the sole parent? Or did they already have joint custody and that battle wad for sole custody to Dwyane?

Either way, even if Cousins's motives are questionable, that doesnt make the actions of this woman any more palatable.

Two toxic people doing toxic things to each other.


1. Any biological parent who does not present a significant risk to the child can get joint custody in the blink of an eye.

2. Wade was fighting to get sole custody of his kids and to move them to Miami. The fact that it was such a huge ordeal for him despite his ex’s history of mental instability underscores just how easy it is for a biological parent (Wade’s ex) to obtain and preserve joint custody rights.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Jeffster81
Analyst
Posts: 3,534
And1: 780
Joined: May 24, 2007
Location: Bazinga
       

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#615 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:50 pm

Both parties are idiots but Boogie took his idiocy to the next level when he threaten to kill the momma. That threat should kill Boogie chances at even joint custody. He'll be lucky if he gets supervised visitation. Moron Forever, Forever Moron.
Goodbye....Someday.
User avatar
erlim
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,021
And1: 1,289
Joined: Feb 10, 2009
 

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#616 » by erlim » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 am

ZOMG wrote:Remember when quite a few Bulls fans wanted Cousins here? That was like two months ago.


Off court issues and injuries aside, he’d still be the best on court player for the Bulls by a county mile.
Image
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,915
And1: 7,746
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#617 » by GhostOfChicago » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:19 am

Read on Twitter
Image
mack2354
Junior
Posts: 359
And1: 160
Joined: Jun 03, 2013
       

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#618 » by mack2354 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:07 am

ImSlower wrote:I'm not defending the woman whatsoever. It sounds like a toxic relationship that never should have produced children. He has a history of aggression, we know that. We don't know if he was threatening to her in front of the child, or anything else about their personal life. If she had custody, that is the literal definition of the term - it's her choice to keep the child from his father if she as guardian feels the need to. So, sure, she could be an awful petty woman who is pushing poor Boogie to threatening murder and using their child, simply out of spite. She could just as easily be an awful petty woman who happens to fear for her or her child's safety with Boogie around, or simply does not want her son to let his father be an influencer in his development.

Basically, I don't think people like Boogie Cousins or his ex should have children, and it hurts me that some poor kid will eventually know that his mom and dad hate each other to the point of secret recording and threats of premeditated murder.

I think Boogie Cousins is a stain on humanity, so I wouldn't be able to sit on his jury.


I doubt the childs safety would be an issue at a crowded wedding. If she was concerned I'm sure they have mutual friends who she trust that would be at the wedding who could keep an eye on the child. Not allowing the child to attend the wedding was absolute bull****. She was probably pissed that her meal ticket was kicking her to the curve and moving on with another woman.

Why was the conversation recorded? How many people here on RealGm records every phone call they have? She obviously was trying to bait him and it worked. Cousins was an idiot for falling for it but she is just as guilty in my eyes for using a man's child as a weapon against him. Both adults were wrong in this situation. I don't see how people can pile on Cousins here when the mother blatantly instigated this whole ordeal.

Unfortunately things like this happen a lot in the black community. Father's get labeled "dead beat dad's" for not being in their childrens lives but you have women like this who make it near impossible to do so. Cousins tries to have his child in his life and he may end up in prison because of it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Please use condoms and think long and hard before deciding to have a baby with someone people.
User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,036
And1: 2,595
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#619 » by ImSlower » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

I can pile on Cousins, just as you can pile on the ex, because there is plenty of documented times we've seen his anger issues flare on court. He has battled rumors of aggressive behavior off-court for a long time. We have audio of him literally threatening to kill someone - I can't believe how much victim blaming is going on here because We Men and ignore the whole Threat of Murder part of the story like "well, he was justified."

Again, I bet she's an awful person also, hell she had a baby with DeMarcus Cousins, whom I've a low opinion of. But there's certainly a possibility you've discounted as impossible that Cousins really is a violent, frightening person to this woman, and she legitimately does not want someone like that in her son's raising. Healthy relationships don't result in taped conversations. I don't think this woman and DeMarcus were walking down the boardwalk with ice cream cones. She was recording him because he probably has said a ton of terrible stuff to her over their time, and she caught him in the act. I don't know anything about her to judge her behavior, but I do know that Cousins is an angry, angry dude who can't be threatening the murder of his son's mother.
Jimmy Buckets gonna knock you out!!
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,935
And1: 22,664
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#620 » by DuckIII » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:00 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:
Read on Twitter


Yet another contract that makes Zach’s deal look pretty good.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls