Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#801 » by Benedict Miller » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 am

ZOMG wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Zion is as good, maybe better than advertised. Best 19 year old the NBA has seen since Lebron James came into the league.

Zion has been impressive. However, a few notes:

1) Why do teams keep running at him like he's Stephen Curry (inluding the Bulls)? It's insane. I don't think he's hit a single jump shot yet. Zion might already be one of the most lethal players in the League when he receives the ball on the move, heading downhill. And the Pels are taking full advantage of that in their playcalling.

Just sag off him like he's Kris Dunn and see where that gets you.

2) Nobody's really forcing him to his right hand either. Zion is a good ballhandler with both hands and he can dunk just fine with his right, but he seems to only be able to use his left for layups, scoop shots, jump hooks etc. That part of his game will be picked apart by the League as the season goes on.

3) He has NO idea what he's supposed to be doing defensively. There's a slight red flag here - Zion seems like a pretty smart guy, but he had the exact same problem at Duke against inferior offenses. With his speed and strength, he can't afford to coast in team defense for the Pels. They actually need him to be effective there.

Zion finishes going right and is explosive going right also. He's the best finisher, maybe ever. Yeah it's his first games as a pro so his awareness on where to be on defense needs work, but I wouldn't say it's red flags for the 19 year old. Zion's defense man to man is eye opening. The fact that he can guard guards and have the strength to move centers out the box is scary.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#802 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm

For Zion to be limited scoring outside of 5 feet from the basket and not being a high level passer, it's quite impressive how he looks like a man amongst little boys out there and is scoring with ease. But he still needs to expand his game to last long in the NBA and I think he has the work ethic to do so. If he can add a mid-range jumper + finish with his right, he will be more dangerous with just these skills. He's already a better defender than most 19 year olds.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#803 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Just flipped on the Celts and Cavs. 5 left in the third and the celts are up 72 to 36.... WTF
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#804 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 pm

I’ve watched this game for 3 minutes and have seen 4 blocks. This is ugly. 1:35 left and Cavs are still just at 38

Tacko Falls isn’t even in the game. The block totals would be up lol.
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#805 » by ArtMorte » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 am

R3AL1TY wrote:For Zion to be limited scoring outside of 5 feet from the basket and not being a high level passer, it's quite impressive how he looks like a man amongst little boys out there and is scoring with ease. But he still needs to expand his game to last long in the NBA and I think he has the work ethic to do so. If he can add a mid-range jumper + finish with his right, he will be more dangerous with just these skills. He's already a better defender than most 19 year olds.

He will probably average close to 20 ppg just from layups and free throws, he's looking that good at driving to the paint. The best defense against Zion might be to make him work defensively as hard as possible, have his man run around in half-court for fun. A guy with that much weight / muscle is going to tire faster than most.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Post#806 » by kodo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 am

ZOMG wrote:1) Why do teams keep running at him like he's Stephen Curry (inluding the Bulls)? It's insane. I don't think he's hit a single jump shot yet. Zion might already be one of the most lethal players in the League when he receives the ball on the move, heading downhill. And the Pels are taking full advantage of that in their playcalling.

Probably just muscle memory.

Zion has entered the league at a great time, with most of the league fielding stretch 4s and smallball 4s, he's tearing defenses up with his 290 lbs headed to the rim.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,998

Post#807 » by Chi town » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 am

This kid looks way ahead of schedule. Wow.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#808 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Chi town wrote:This kid looks way ahead of schedule. Wow.

Reports are that Jimmy loves him and is taking him under his wing. That’s good news for Tyler. If he can maintain this type of play and also have the Miami work ethic he is going to be good.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#809 » by FecesOfDeath » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:37 pm

It helps that Herro he has a release that rivals Curry's and Korver's in quickness. But those T-rex arms will limit him, as he couldn't even dunk when he had a wide open path to the hoop from the baseline, and you can tell that he was trying.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#810 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:30 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:It helps that Herro he has a release that rivals Curry's and Korver's in quickness. But those T-rex arms will limit him, as he couldn't even dunk when he had a wide open path to the hoop from the baseline, and you can tell that he was trying.

JJ Redick had one NBA career dunk. Those arms help his quick release I think he will take that trade off.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#811 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:31 am

Carsen Edwards looking like the best guard in the draft. Him or Morant.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#812 » by Andi Obst » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 am

The Celtics really have some interesting young guys on their team (and a tough decision to make for their last roster spot). Edwards was obviously great last night, but Tremont Waters looked just as good IMO and Javonte Green deserves a spot, too. I'm a huge fan of Grant as well. This Celtics team is way too likeable lol.

I think there is a real chance Boston waives Jevonte Green. I'd take him on our second 2-way.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#813 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm

The signs that Dennis smith Jr isn't a good point guard keep showing.

"I've thrown him at that position a couple times already. He played some of that in college. I think it adds another layer to how dynamic he can be. Especially having somebody that big that can switch things do some different things defensively. So yeah, I'll sprinkle that in. He's really poised. He looks comfortable. The kid likes having the ball in his hands. He's unselfish. He finds people. He understands - he knows our plays from that position. I feel very comfortable if I have to throw him there," said Fizdale.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255736/David-Fizdale-Says-Hell-Sprinkle-In-RJ-Barrett-At-Point-Guard
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#814 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Read on Twitter
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#815 » by sco » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Celts offer Brown 4/$80 who turned it down.
Kings offer Hield 4/$90, who wants $110

I think Otto will opt out and someone will offer Lauri a deal $22-Max.
:clap:
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#816 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:17 pm

sco wrote:Celts offer Brown 4/$80 who turned it down.
Kings offer Hield 4/$90, who wants $110

I think Otto will opt out and someone will offer Lauri a deal $22-Max.

I expect the Bulls to re-sign both. Don't see Otto getting anything more than he is already making, teams will be waiting for the 2021 FA class, even though it fools gold Imo.

Lauri is a lock for getting the max from the Bulls, just hope he's worth it.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#817 » by TyrusRose2425 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:33 pm

https://ask.fm/bensimmons25

Ben Simmons' old ask.fm

Someone asked him Chicago or Miami and he picked Chicago. Also said the Bears are his favorite football team. Will the Ben Simmons thread rival Amar'e's?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#818 » by Indomitable » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:44 pm

dumbell78 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
The hypocrisy is so woke.

I don't think LeBron/Black NBA players should be required to give a ****.

Half of the loss of $$$ due to this is hitting the players.

So they should only care when it doesn't cost them $$, cool.

Your opinion really only sincere when it might cost you. The belief that they should not be looked down upon because they actually might lose something. Tells me a lot about the person expeessing their opinion. I only value people opinion when they stand to lose something.

Empty noise is not to be respected.
:banghead:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#819 » by MrSparkle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Mohamed Ali always spoke his mind on the humanitarian side, regardless of which way establishment and money leaned. LeBron is richer than he was as far as net worth goes. Obviously the HK people are being oppressed by China. I have no idea why a celebrity athlete would comment against the little guy, but to each their own. I guess it will sell more merch in China. :eek1:
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#820 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Mohamed Ali always spoke his mind on the humanitarian side, regardless of which way establishment and money leaned. LeBron is richer than he was as far as net worth goes. Obviously the HK people are being oppressed by China. I have no idea why a celebrity athlete would comment against the little guy, but to each their own. I guess it will sell more merch in China. :eek1:

There are many countries that if you are a businessman you have to do business with and keep your mouth shut about their customs.

China, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran and etc. China is a huge market for NBA players. Of course their interest is in the monetary profits.
With that said, sometimes to make progress is helping to change the customs of a country, you have to go along to get along.

Return to Chicago Bulls