Image ImageImage Image

Jim Boylen mentions Dunn as starting point guard

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Re: Jim Boylen mentions Dunn as starting point guard 

Post#141 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:If the team is serious about winning this year, and by winning, I mean trying to make the playoffs, you can't waste games in the beginning of the season trying to increase Dunn's value by playing him. If you can't find any team that would take him for even a 2nd rounder, then just cut him/buy him out.

The games at the beginning of the season count just as much as the games at the end so it's important that the new players brought it have ample time to gel with the core as much as possible because they will be fighting for a playoff spot. Dunn is not part of that future, so just let him go.

100% agree. Just the thought of actually sacrificing valuable regular season games and development time for the roster because of Kris Dunn is batsh*t insane.

For god's sake, he's gonna be 26 this season!! And some people are still talking about him as this "tremendous upside" guy who's basically still just a rookie.

CUT.

THE.

CORD.

The Nuggets gave the Thunder a 1st for Jerami Grant. Dunn still has value. The board may overreact but I'm sure Pax wont.

Grant's season was viewed in a positive light whereas Dunn's was seen as disappointing. I don't think he has trade value as a player at the moment, because if he did he'd probably already be gone. I mean if we were exploring a Justin Holiday sign and trade, then that really speaks to his current value. I still think it was a mistake to sit him with a pretend injury at the end of the season. A week or two of strong games could have really helped his trade value.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#142 » by R3AL1TY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Sounds to me that GarPax told Boylen we have no suitors for him on the market so let's give him one last dance. If he shows much improvement they can either trade him or extend him. But I see them probably trading him if Satoransky is still the better player despite his improvement, especially if Coby looks more promising for his rookie season compared to Dunn's rookie season.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#143 » by Jiipee84 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 pm

rtblues wrote:There is no way that Satoransky does not become the starting PG.
He is so obviously the best of the bunch at the position.
So much so, I'm not even going to answer any troll-backs to this comment suggesting otherwise.

He just is, and if you don't see that, well, wow, that's not logical.

Bad news to Bulls are those that team Czech Republic advanced to this years FIBA world basket tournament.
So Satoransky will miss first weeks of Bulls's traning camp.

That gives all chances to Dunn take starting PG's position as much it sucks.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#144 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:05 am

Alcatraz17 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Alcatraz17 wrote:And I am not saying his PC answer is enough to convince 29 other teams Dunn has value...but I do believe they don't wanna backtrack if for some reason Dunn in starting line-up makes sense at beginning of the season. We all believe Dunn most likely is out...but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to see Dunn play just fine with the starting 5.

Giving Dunn some support to his confidence that its his job to lose or to prove he can play so another team maybe be interested in him isn't a bad move.

It's more likely that Dunn is an awful fit with the starting lineup. Playing Dunn this season would be a waste of time.

There is absolutely no reason for them to convince themselves of that in the middle of July. But ok... :noway:

There is if they're watching the games and looking at the numbers. It seems they are based on the type of point guards they've brought in.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#145 » by Evil_Headband » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:32 am

One question to ask is if the Bulls are seriously keeping Dunn, then why isn’t Luke Kornet signed yet?
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#146 » by Mr. Tibbs » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am

If he says the same thing during training camp or preseason, I'll take it more seriously. For now I think it was just something he kinda just spurted out. I can't imagine many teams truly have their starting 5 set in stone right this second.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#147 » by TeamMan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:39 am

Bandit King wrote:I bet he loses the starting job in less then week into preseason!

Part of the problem is that, over 2 seasons with the Bulls, Dunn has averaged 49 games a season.

Chances are that he will get injured and not be able to play.
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#148 » by Alcatraz17 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
Alcatraz17 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
It's more likely that Dunn is an awful fit with the starting lineup. Playing Dunn this season would be a waste of time.

There is absolutely no reason for them to convince themselves of that in the middle of July. But ok... :noway:

There is if they're watching the games and looking at the numbers. It seems they are based on the type of point guards they've brought in.

You know what...you're right. Having Dunn do reps in training camp with the other starting 4 would completely change the trajectory of the entire season. And letting him start in the pre-season? That 'awful' fit negativity may carry over into the following season.We can't take that chance... for it is clearly a 100% certainty that Kris Dunn will never have another solid season again. Thanks for setting me straight.
cubd8
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#149 » by cubd8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:00 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is certainly a lot different than what the FO is saying in regards to the PG position. Plus there were comments from Sato where he was made to believe that the starting PG position was up for grab.

Not a very surprising comment. Dunn is still on the roster and was the starting PG last season.

Saying that, their actions speak much louder than his words. They have drafted a PG and traded for another one.

Dunn is still likely to be traded this off-season if they can find a partner.
cubd8
Bench Warmer

Re: Boyle confirms starting 5 is set; Coby White not starting 

Post#150 » by cubd8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:02 am

RememberLu wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-jim-boylen-has-first-five-set-kris-dunn-zach-lavine-otto-porter-jr-lauri-markkanen-wendell-carter-jr/

Was telling people in that Coby White thread not to pencil him in as a starter. I knew people were putting the cart before the horse.

Satoransky is going to start at PG. White isn't ready to be a starter and isn't even a PG at this point, but the hope is that he'll develop into one as the season progresses. I consider White to be more of a project, but his ability to score can get him on the floor in lineups where he's not playing PG.
cubd8
Bench Warmer

Post#151 » by cubd8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:07 am

League Circles wrote:I think this is reasonable for Boylen at the moment.

I like White but dude is 19 years old. Dunn is like 29.

Tomas is an important addition and will probably start but is much more versatile than Dunn so could possibly play more mpg but in a multi position bench role.

Typically an incumbent starter is referred to as such until someone overtakes him in games and practices, which of course can't have happened yet.

I think Tomas, White and even Arci may all be better fitting, but Dunn is probably the most experienced of the three, probably the best defender and rebounder.

I don't think he will or should be the opening night starter, but I do think he should be the preseason game 1 starter, if that makes sense.

This is also a possible outcome. Dunn could still stick as a backup PG. I still think they would prefer to move him, but it depends on how comfortable they will about Satoransky as the starter and the ability for LeVine/White to handle some PG duties.

I think Satoransky has the chance to play 35 minutes a game next season, and we'll find out if he's a NBA starter or exposed in that type of role. The Bulls have become a more versitile team this off-season so looking for them to use creativity to their advantage.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#152 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:32 am

Evil_Headband wrote:One question to ask is if the Bulls are seriously keeping Dunn, then why isn’t Luke Kornet signed yet?

Maybe the Bulls are talking with Atlanta ? The Hawks still have cap space to take on Dunn's contract and their back up J. Adams has not looked good in summer league. Maybe the teams are trying to agree on compensation ? The they can sign Kornet with the open cap space.

Atlanta Hawks Should Replace Jaylen Adams on the Roster
https://soaringdownsouth.com/2019/07/11/atlanta-hawks-jaylen-adams/

Pax
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#153 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 am

Mr. Tibbs wrote:If he says the same thing during training camp or preseason, I'll take it more seriously. For now I think it was just something he kinda just spurted out. I can't imagine many teams truly have their starting 5 set in stone right this second.

It wouldn't matter to me, at all really, if he didn't say that the veteran signings and the draft picks were (and he said specifically) brought in "to build depth to play behind that set first five".. THAT was the statement that is so disconcerting. I mean he was crystal clear that Tomas and Thad were signed to provide solid depth, veteran depth, to play behind that "first five of Dunn, Lavine, Porter, Lauri and Carter... that is already set".
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#154 » by Red8911 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:46 am

Pax for Prez wrote:
Evil_Headband wrote:One question to ask is if the Bulls are seriously keeping Dunn, then why isn’t Luke Kornet signed yet?

Maybe the Bulls are talking with Atlanta ? The Hawks still have cap space to take on Dunn's contract and their back up J. Adams has not looked good in summer league. Maybe the teams are trying to agree on compensation ? The they can sign Kornet with the open cap space.

Pax

Atlanta got Turner and Crabbe. One of them would be a good option and they only have a year left in their contracts . Not sure if Atlanta would deal them though since they just got them recently.

Dunn is still valuable as a back up so which ever team needs a bench PG they should go for him. Boston is another team that could use one but don’t know who the bulls would get.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#155 » by bad knees » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:12 am

Pax for Prez wrote:

Pax

Good find. Besides Adams, the Hawks are talking about Reddish and Evan Turner - both SFs - as backup PGs. They also currently have 5 SFs on the roster. Perhaps our target is DeAndre Bembry, who makes $2.6 M.

Adams’ contract becomes fully guaranteed on 7/19 so they will have until then to decide whether to go with him as the main backup.

I also think that we could find a way to get Waiters if MIA and OKC figure out a CP3 trade.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#156 » by bad knees » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:20 am

Very good point.

Return to Chicago Bulls