Image ImageImage Image

Chandler Hutchison Breakout

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Re: Chandler Hutchison Breakout 

Post#41 » by TeamMan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 pm

bulls_4_life wrote:Let's be honest, we are talking about the summer league. Nothing to get excited about

It was only one game, but what I believe I saw was a developing chemistry between Hutch and Coby.

If that is the case, then I'm excited because of the impact that it will have on the Bulls season.

Because he is not a great 3P shooter, Hutch needs to play with a team that is loaded with them. And the PG position is very critical to make it work.

With Coby, Hutch has a PG that can get out and run with him, but can also hit open 3P shots off his passes.

And I hope to see more of this chemistry as the Summer League continues.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#42 » by RememberLu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:56 am

bulls_4_life wrote:Let's be honest, we are talking about the summer league. Nothing to get excited about

Let's be honest, we are talking about a bench role player in the summer league. Nothing to get excited about
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#43 » by waffle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 am

I'm holding out hope for Hutch... I like MUCH of what I see but he need some confidence methinks
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#44 » by 85Bears » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Pippen worked to be an avg. 3 point shooter. Hopefully that can happen with Hutch.

I have to admit, watching Hutch run the floor (fast), does remind me of Pippen. If he can really defend, the offense will come in time and he will be a nice player to plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#45 » by drosereturn » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Hyping 0 ceiling players like they are future all stars. Snell destroyed SL and is struggling to make it to rotation.
Never understood the infatuation with this guy when he was afraid to shoot. Simons much better pick by Blazers.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#46 » by Shill » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:16 pm

85Bears wrote:I have to admit, watching Hutch run the floor (fast), does remind me of Pippen. If he can really defend, the offense will come in time and he will be a nice player to plug in.

We hope.

It’s more likely it doesn’t come, and he’s just a defender/hustler or he’s out the league.

I like his athletic profile, but he’s got a long way to go to become a credible offensive player.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#47 » by Gregnice33 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Hutch is only really fast and explosive with a head of steam. He can't beat defenders off the dribble, instead he just tries to power through them. As another poster put it, he is a down hill player.

He isn't a threat to shoot, which makes him even easier to defend.

His defense is solid and he is good moving/slashing off he ball. If he really excels in these two areas he can contribute. Sadly I would rather have Holiday. Same defense but Holiday can shoot.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,412

Post#48 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:48 pm

RememberLu wrote:

Let's be honest, we are talking about a bench role player in the summer league. Nothing to get excited about

This, so much this. Yeah but Dinwiddie. Yup an outlier. Most fan bases likely stop quibbling after the top at in the rotation and don’t get too worried about the 2 way contract guys. Yet that is what makes us Bulls fans and board way more fun.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#49 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:Hutch is only really fast and explosive with a head of steam. He can't beat defenders off the dribble, instead he just tries to power through them. As another poster put it, he is a down hill player.

His defense is solid and he is good moving/slashing off he ball. If he really excels in these two areas he can contribute. Sadly I would rather have Holiday. Same defense but Holiday can shoot.

Holiday can't shoot he just loves to shoot. Hence Chuck Holiday. Hutch on other hand can't shoot but he knows he can't so he is not taking them if he is not wide open.
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#50 » by Gregnice33 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Gregnice33 wrote:Hutch is only really fast and explosive with a head of steam. He can't beat defenders off the dribble, instead he just tries to power through them. As another poster put it, he is a down hill player.

Holiday can't shoot he just loves to shoot. Hence Chuck Holiday. Hutch on other hand can't shoot but he knows he can't so he is not taking them if he is not wide open.

Holiday had no help last time with us, so he was forced to shoot. If he is limited as a spot up shooter he can shoot a good percentage. Most importantly he at least keeps defenses honest, they can't cheat off him. So he opens the lane more penetration.

I don't love Holiday, I am just not impressed by Hutch, and Holiday is a huge question.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,412

Post#51 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

Holiday had no help last time with us, so he was forced to shoot. If he is limited as a spot up shooter he can shoot a good percentage. Most importantly he at least keeps defenses honest, they can't cheat off him. So he opens the lane more penetration.

I don't love Holiday, I am just not impressed by Hutch, and Holiday is a huge question.

You might be right, but I had some tacos yesterday and today I don’t have the stomach to contemplate either Holiday or Hutch. Both are sending my to the bathroom.
vvgotgame19
Starter
And1: 757

Post#52 » by vvgotgame19 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:43 pm

I see a lot of potential with Hutch, but I'm not very impressed with those highlights.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#53 » by TeamMan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:36 am

Agreed.

This is why playing with the right PG is critical for him.

Coby showed in the Summer League that he plays will with Hutch.

Now we have to wait and see how this translate to the actual season.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#54 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:59 am

rtblues wrote:I can't see Hutchison on the team long-term.
He doesn't really do anything very well.
Don't see him improving either.

Agree. He’s just not very good. We’ll all forget about him once his contract ends.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#55 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

If I had magical power, I'd combine Valentine and Hutch in order to have a complete wing player.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#56 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

If I had magical power, I'd combine Valentine and Hutch in order to have a complete wing player.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#57 » by Chi town » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Chuck doesn’t shoot well though.

Hutch is basically andre Roberson. Really good defender and that’s about it. Can finish a fast break. If he can develop a corner 3 than he is playable. If he can’t even from the corner he is worth nothing. What he should be working on is a jumper off his closeout attack because he can’t get around anyone so he better be able to shoot over someone.

Return to Chicago Bulls