Image ImageImage Image

Boylen terminology

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,425

Re: Boylen terminology 

Post#41 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 pm

bpguimaraes23 wrote:
coldfish wrote:
bpguimaraes23 wrote:
Offense: Terrible save for one hot Markkanen stretch
Defence: Historically bad.
Discipline: Mutiny after a week
None of that was an improvement over Fred. None.

Of course they mutinied. Fred was running a country club for 8 year olds. Asking them to be professionals was going to really piss them off.

The offense actually showed them making basketball decisions.

The defense was pretty meh but at least there was some focus on trying to do basketball things like helping.

Fred was the worst coach I have ever seen in any sport. He needs to be in college where he can just recruit with his personality and then roll the ball out and tell them to have fun. Maybe dance a little too.

We will have to agree to disagree on that. Not saying that Fred was great, but I'd argue that his record during his 3,5 years was adequate to the rosteers he was given.

To me Jim is the worst coach I have ever seen in any sport. And the most embarrassing.

I hate Fred so Jim May be better. I hated everything about the hire especially from Fred’s standpoint. Why leave Ames did he learn nothing from Floyd? Anyway I am not sure Boylen is better or worse yet but surely would not have been my choice.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#42 » by Mr. Tibbs » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:43 am

We have a storied history of coaches with their own unique personal vernacular. While I appreciate Boylenisms (the amount of great spirits we have on our roster has to be tops in the league), and Thibs' "do your job" and "don't let go of the rope", my personal favorite will always be Vinny Del Negro saying he didn't have any "predeceived notions" of the players in his introduction press conference. Absolutely legendary intro if you ask me.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#43 » by logical_art » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:01 am

What an odd thread.

It's obviously a slightly over exuberant coach talking about the vim and vigor of players.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#44 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:56 am

We had the zen master as HC during the MJ era. How is anything Boylen says going to be crazier than that?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,425

Post#45 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:We have a storied history of coaches with their own unique personal vernacular. While I appreciate Boylenisms (the amount of great spirits we have on our roster has to be tops in the league), and Thibs' "do your job" and "don't let go of the rope", my personal favorite will always be Vinny Del Negro saying he didn't have any "predeceived notions" of the players in his introduction press conference. Absolutely legendary intro if you ask me.

Hands down Thibs was the best. I watched Minnesota games just to see his face on the sidelines.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#46 » by Bandit King » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:17 am

We went from F- fred to D+ Boyball
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#47 » by Shill » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 am

Coach of the Year candidate
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."

Return to Chicago Bulls