Image ImageImage Image

Optimistic development scenarios: Who you betting on?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Which of these development scenarios do you think most likely?

Zach - 26ppg, 40%3pt% becomes an average defender
20%
Lauri - 21ppg, 39%3pt% becomes an average defender and plays 72 games
35%
Otto - 17ppg and plays 72 games
25%
Satoranky - 12ppg with 7 assts
10%
WCJ - 14ppg 10rb 2bk 34%3pt% 2.5fouls
3%
Hutch 35% 3pt shooter 10ppg
2%
Valentine plays 70 games and 22 minutes per game
2%
White 12ppg 34%3pt% 5 assts
3%
Gafford 20 minutes per game
No votes

Total votes: 60

dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Re: Optimistic development scenarios: Who you betting on? 

Post#21 » by dumbell78 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:43 am

I voted Otto but we are all hoping for the first two options, GarPax included.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#22 » by Shill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:20 am

Here’s some Lauri sunshine to get us through the long off-season:

Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#23 » by kingkirk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 am

Wendell.

I believe.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Post#24 » by dice » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 am

no felicio?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#25 » by sco » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:18 pm

dice wrote:no felicio?

I ran out of options, but for Felicio I think the appropriate metric would be can he drop 25lbs before the start of the season. No other stat really matters.
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#26 » by sco » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Otto is definitely most likely.

Zach and Lauri putting up those numbers would put them in elite company, so not likely at all. Steph Curry was the only player in the league last season to average 26+ pts and shoot 40% from behind the arc, and Steph, Klay, Kyrie and KAT (the only big) were able to put up 21+ ppg and shoot 39% from behind the arc.

Also, both becoming average defenders would he a big leap. Boy, if either of them did reach these numbers with the defense (especially Zach) the Bulls would likely he in contention for a top 4/5 record in the East.

I think the 3 point shooting is shakiest part of the number for LaVine and Markkanen. I would be happy to see both shoot 38 percent. Honestly Lauri should shoot threes better than he does. He gets much easier looks than LaVine. LaVine's percentage could go up if he gets more easy looks.

I totally agree that Lauri was too streaky as a 3pt threat. Unlike some guys, I would never be confident when Lauri shot even open 3's that they'd fall. I will give him credit for shooting more 3's...from 5.9 to 6.4 a game. Wouldn't mind that number going to 7 and him adding 2% to his accuracy.
sco
RealGM

Post#27 » by sco » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:23 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I voted for Zach, but I would also bet on Gafford playing 20 MPG ... but it not necessarily being a good thing. Wendell is coming off of surgery and probably won't have a great offseason because of it. He's also very foul prone. Lauri on average has missed 22 games per season, so he'll get minutes because of that too.

I'll go out on a limb here, but I still think the only way Gafford gets consistent minutes next season is if both Lauri and WCJ are out for a long period.

Thad Young can play the small ball 4, and they also signed Kornet.

Otherwise I expect him to be in the gleague a lot getting developmental minutes.

If he does, he wont be there long.

Not because of his play but because I think Paxson wants to pump and dump Felicio. I would pencil him as the backup center just until he gets moved or falls out of favor.

Kornet has only played 66 career games in 2 years so he is no way a shoe in to play either.

Gafford easily has the most upside of the 3, but also the least experienced but with the most job security, We can afford to stash him for a month or so.

I feel the same way about Coby. The Bulls were always going to bring him off the bench. Regardless of what he did in the SL. If Paxson's real intention was to always get Collison here, there was no way Collison would have come off the bench. So I think Paxson always thought long game with whomever we drafted.

There are few things I am sure of, but Pax having any illusions that there is anything he can do to increase Felicio's trade value isn't one of him. He's a dead contract until 20-21 as an expiring deal.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#28 » by drosereturn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Shill wrote:Zach and Lauri’s stat gauges are imminently doable.

They weren’t terribly far off from that last year.

The real question is can they translate those stats into wins?

That’s what we just don’t know.

Advanced stats tell Lavine will not. Lauri has a chance since he is a 3rd year now.
Lavine's issue is he doesnt know what to work on as expected from his low iq.
Late games, guys clueless and costed so many times. I never doubt he can stuff the sheet but at what cost?
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#29 » by Southpaw » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Voted for Lauri because I really think he'll have a big year this season. Hope he stays healthy for his further development.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#30 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:37 pm

I think lots of players in this team will improve. But gonna go with new comer Otto
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#31 » by ZOMG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Lauri can easily average 21, but I don't see him ever shooting the three at 39% over a full season. He's simply not a great shooter. Good, but not great. That said, he doesn't need to shoot 39% to be a credible threat from the perimeter. What he must improve is taking advantage of the respect teams give him out there.

As for defense... I have no idea where this idea that Markkanen is a bad defender came from. The thing is, he can't defend the 5 position because he's not a center. He doesn't have the length or the instincts for containing true bigs in the low post. It's simply stupid to blame him for not being a great defender at a wrong position.

Lauri gets a bad rap for his team defense, but his mistakes there haven't been anything abnormal for a very young NBA big. Also, in his rookie year, the Bulls perimeter defense was full of sieves. Had Lauri aggressively "helped" every time these clowns watched their man jog past them, he'd have been fouling out in 10 minutes. He's not Rudy Gobert.

Lauri is a very good perimeter defender particularly for his size and age. You have to use him right.
sco
RealGM

Post#32 » by sco » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:21 pm

ZOMG wrote:Lauri can easily average 21, but I don't see him ever shooting the three at 39% over a full season. He's simply not a great shooter. Good, but not great. That said, he doesn't need to shoot 39% to be a credible threat from the perimeter. What he must improve is taking advantage of the respect teams give him out there.

As for defense... I have no idea where this idea that Markkanen is a bad defender came from. The thing is, he can't defend the 5 position because he's not a center. He doesn't have the length or the instincts for containing true bigs in the low post. It's simply stupid to blame him for not being a great defender at a wrong position.

Lauri gets a bad rap for his team defense, but his mistakes there haven't been anything abnormal for a very young NBA big. Also, in his rookie year, the Bulls perimeter defense was full of sieves. Had Lauri aggressively "helped" every time these clowns watched their man waltz past them, he'd have been fouling out in 10 minutes. He's not Rudy Gobert.

Lauri is a very good perimeter defender particularly for his size and age. You have the use him right.

Agree he is terrible at defending the C position. Hopefully new guys will cover that base for us. I am undecided if he below average or average when only defending the PF position...mainly because our defense was so bad for last couple years, it's hard to pinpoint all the problems. I have seen good defense from Lauri in spurts.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#33 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Most likely is easily Otto averaging 17 ppg and playing 72. He averaged 17.9 PPG last season for us and prior to last season he played in 74,75,77,80 games in the previous 4 seasons.

I voted Zach but simply because I think Otto is a lock at hitting this mark which will make Zach that much better. Lauri is my biggest question mark. I see a glimpse of something but yet I am far from sold he has it to become elite. He has the potential and I forgive a shooter who has a bum arm for a year. This year I have to see a leap.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#34 » by MrSparkle » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:47 pm

39% from 3P? No way. Not gonna happen for Lauri. Unless Coby is better than everyone expected, a Nash-Curry making life easy for everybody else from the arc. :rolleyes:

I can see Otto going for career highs (prime contract year) unless injuries slow him down.

Was hopeful about seeing Wendell’s development but expectations are low now.

I’m seeing Coby as the big mystery hope. Either a nice project (Zach’s replacement in 2y - nice traditional lame GarPax logjam situation where the prime vet gets dumped for a soft rebuild)... or he’s the point who brings it all together.

If Coby plugs into the starting line-up and works, obviously this roster has a future. If not, I’m still concerned with the turnovers and shot distribution.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#35 » by Onibuh » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Most likely is Otto for me with Sato as 2nd (if he starts)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#36 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Onibuh wrote:Most likely is Otto for me with Sato as 2nd (if he starts)

My vote is for Bradley Beal because we are using Washington as a farm team.

Return to Chicago Bulls