Image ImageImage Image

If Lauri is a future 5 on D, can WCJr be the 4?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Re: If Lauri is a future 5 on D, can WCJr be the 4? 

Post#61 » by Jiipee84 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 pm

Bandit King wrote:Lauri too weak to be a center period.

Finally someone who actually knows that playing Lauri full-time center is stillborn and really lousy idea.
WICKED17
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#62 » by WICKED17 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Answer to OP”s thread question is... WCJ deDefensively at the four absolutely not, Nor Offensively for that matter
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#63 » by Jiipee84 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:49 pm

coldfish wrote:Offensively, Lauri is going to do the best for the team from the 5 spot. Those rim protecting centers would have to guard him at the 3p line and it would open up the middle for everyone else. Of course, the intent here is to get Wendell off the floor. If Wendell gets a 3 ball of his own, its a moot point.

Defensively, Lauri has Eddy Curry like help defense instincts. Its a problem at the 4 spot but at the 5 spot its murder for his team. He really has to work on this.

Summary:
- No one wants Lauri to play the 5 because of his defense, its his offense
- If Wendell learns to shoot the 3, this drastically reduces the benefit
- Regardless of where he plays, Lauri needs to be a better help defender

Why all development and improvement in Lauri's game needs to happen immediately?
Becoming great NBA player and allstar level scoring PF is a marathon not a sprint and it'll take lots of time.

Lauri is not retiring without serious health or injury issues in very near future.
Actually being honest Lauri has 15 to 20 years time to improve and develop as a player and make a career in NBA.

99,99% of all so called '' bulls '' fans'' don't know the **** about Lauri as a NBA player.
And that how much he works on in the gym and how much he use time to practice his weaknesses.

None of you guys not know jack **** about Lauri's practice motivation or his passion and his dedication to pro basketball
PS1 that what happens in the court is sample of all that potential what Lauri has got.
PS2 what comes Lauri's stats so those are just bunch of numbers and not whole truth.

Edit.
The point of this rant is that Lauri is still young player so patience is the key with him.
Even a city of Rome wasn't built in a day.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#64 » by coldfish » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
coldfish wrote:Offensively, Lauri is going to do the best for the team from the 5 spot. Those rim protecting centers would have to guard him at the 3p line and it would open up the middle for everyone else. Of course, the intent here is to get Wendell off the floor. If Wendell gets a 3 ball of his own, its a moot point.

Defensively, Lauri has Eddy Curry like help defense instincts. Its a problem at the 4 spot but at the 5 spot its murder for his team. He really has to work on this.

Summary:
- No one wants Lauri to play the 5 because of his defense, its his offense
- If Wendell learns to shoot the 3, this drastically reduces the benefit
- Regardless of where he plays, Lauri needs to be a better help defender

Why all development and improvement in Lauri's game needs to happen immediately?
Becoming great NBA player and allstar level scoring PF is a marathon not a sprint and it'll take lots of time.

Lauri is not retiring without serious health or injury issues in very near future.
Actually being honest Lauri has 15 to 20 years time to improve and develop as a player and make a career in NBA.

99,99% of all so called '' bulls '' fans'' don't know the **** about Lauri as a NBA player.
And that how much he works on in the gym and how much he use time to practice his weaknesses.

None of you guys not know jack **** about Lauri's practice motivation or his passion and his dedication to pro basketball
PS1 that what happens in the court is sample of all that potential what Lauri has got.
PS2 what comes Lauri's stats so those are just bunch of numbers and not whole truth.

Edit.
The point of this rant is that Lauri is still young player so patience is the key with him.
Even a city of Rome wasn't built in a day.

Dude, I was watching MJ when most of the media thought he was an overrated chucker who would never win anything. Don't question this "bulls" fan.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#65 » by Axolotl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 am

Jiipee84 wrote:99,99% of all so called '' bulls '' fans'' don't know the **** about Lauri as a NBA player.

It seems stressful to be in the know. I'm worried about your blood pressure.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#66 » by sco » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Axolotl wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:99,99% of all so called '' bulls '' fans'' don't know the **** about Lauri as a NBA player.

LOL. I don't think there were any/many questions about Lauri's work ethic. That said, 90% of the guys in the NBA have a good work ethic...you don't get there by accident. What we question about Lauri is whether he will be come an above average defender at the PF position and can he learn to shoot 3's better when guarded my smaller defenders. If he can stay healthy and do just those 2 things, he'd be an allstar and the Bulls are a playoff team.
:clap:
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#67 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:44 pm

I expect WCJ to defend the more talented big on the opposing team, regardless if they're the 4 or 5. They'll be interchangeable, but dont think it matters much because WCJ would be guarding the better of the opposing bigs.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#68 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:14 pm

sco wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

LOL. I don't think there were any/many questions about Lauri's work ethic. That said, 90% of the guys in the NBA have a good work ethic...you don't get there by accident. What we question about Lauri is whether he will be come an above average defender at the PF position and can he learn to shoot 3's better when guarded my smaller defenders. If he can stay healthy and do just those 2 things, he'd be an allstar and the Bulls are a playoff team.

He needs to learn how punish smaller players inside. He can shoot over anyone right now.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#69 » by sco » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

He needs to learn how punish smaller players inside. He can shoot over anyone right now.

I disagree on both points. He's not gonna be a "punisher"... not without bulking up and making him another big white nope. He can work on his Dirk fade-away.

He CAN shoot over anyone, but he isn't very accurate when faceguarded by guards.
:clap:
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#70 » by Axl Rose » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm

if Lauri can't defend his position to the point hes a liability then we need to trade him. Not ruin his game by forcing him to bulk up to be moderately okay on defense. Let the next team do that if they want.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#71 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 pm

sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:LOL. I don't think there were any/many questions about Lauri's work ethic. That said, 90% of the guys in the NBA have a good work ethic...you don't get there by accident. What we question about Lauri is whether he will be come an above average defender at the PF position and can he learn to shoot 3's better when guarded my smaller defenders. If he can stay healthy and do just those 2 things, he'd be an allstar and the Bulls are a playoff team.

I disagree on both points. He's not gonna be a "punisher"... not without bulking up and making him another big white nope. He can work on his Dirk fade-away.

He CAN shoot over anyone, but he isn't very accurate when faceguarded by guards.

By punish I just mean score. Not necessarily bully. If all he can do is shoot over players from 3 he will never be a star. He needs that Dirk fadeaway which he already has in his arsenal and some other post moves. He needs to get his 3 percentage up to at least 38 percent too no matter who is guarding him.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 896

Post#72 » by HearshotKDS » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:19 pm

nomorezorro wrote:the warriors can play an elite defensive player at center sometimes but we can't play a weak interior defender? lol

LAL can play 6'8 Lebron at PG sometimes but we can't play 6'6 Valentine? lol
The Senator
Junior
And1: 340

Post#73 » by The Senator » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:30 am

HearshotKDS wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:the warriors can play an elite defensive player at center sometimes but we can't play a weak interior defender? lol

LAL can play 6'8 Lebron at PG sometimes but we can't play 6'6 Valentine? lol

To be fair, we can't really play Valentine in any position until he gets over his injury issues.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#74 » by DuckIII » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 am

Jiipee84 wrote:Actually being honest Lauri has 15 to 20 years time to improve and develop as a player and make a career in NBA.

No comment. Just soaking it in.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#75 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am

DuckIII wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:Actually being honest Lauri has 15 to 20 years time to improve and develop as a player and make a career in NBA.

No comment. Just soaking it in.

Might have a really damn good 40 year old vet on our hands one day!

Return to Chicago Bulls