Image ImageImage Image

Cam Payne appreciation

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,387

Re: Cam Payne appreciation 

Post#21 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am

The Explorer wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:Never forget that we traded Taj and McDermott for this guy.

So in effect in exchange for Cameron Payne, GarPax gave up the following:

- Jusuf Nurkic
- Gary Harris
- Taj Gibson
- 2nd round trash

Then John Paxson said this:
"We think Cam Payne is a guy who can take some of the ball-handling role off Jimmy. He can run a team and do some things that way. But I'm a very firm believer that, maybe outside of a handful of guys who ever played this game, you build with players, not around one."

"When Cam came out in the draft, we were very, very high on him. We had some real good discussion about even trying to get him in that draft. We see him as a young guy who will develop and get better."

More fun:
“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,’’ said a source close to the situation. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.

“Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. . . . We got ‘Garred’ on that one.’’

The source was referring to Gar Forman. Chicago's front office even called Payne "the point guard of the future."

How this was deemed ok and acceptable by the Reinsdorfs is beyond me.

Because it is an end of the bench player. Jerry doesn’t really meddle as long as he is in the black.
hardboiledben
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#22 » by hardboiledben » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Great news for me, I made a bet with my friend during his OKC days that he'd have a 30pt game in his NBA career. 2 years to do it Cam!
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#23 » by Mk0 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Considering the glut of point guards in the league it is surprising that he has managed to get a gig.

That is about all I have to say about Cam Payne
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#24 » by transplant » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Bulls fans all believe that Payne is worthless...yet he's still in the league. No, I can't explain it. is what it is.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#25 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 am

transplant wrote:Bulls fans all believe that Payne is worthless...yet he's still in the league. No, I can't explain it. is what it is.

If he wasn’t a former lottery pick he wouldn’t last 5 minutes in the league. Same reason why Anthony Bennett is still floating around.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#26 » by suckfish » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 pm

I wanted him to succeed but he just isn't an NBA player. Kudos for conning the league one final time though, Cam. Unless you grow, learn to shoot, or convert a higher percentage of those hail Mary type floaters you attempt.. then surely this is your last team.. surely..

He dominated summer league this year though, so that further proves what a waste of time summer league is what it comes to gauging talent.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#27 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:22 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:
transplant wrote:Bulls fans all believe that Payne is worthless...yet he's still in the league. No, I can't explain it. is what it is.

If he wasn’t a former lottery pick he wouldn’t last 5 minutes in the league. Same reason why Anthony Bennett is still floating around.

Considering he couldn’t find a team to stay on at end of the year and it took a pretty strong summer league to show he still belongs I disagree.

Bennet signed a training camp deal with the rockets. I wouldn’t consider that hanging around.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls