Image ImageImage Image

Predict the bulls bench

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Re: Predict the bulls bench 

Post#21 » by ZOMG » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:08 pm

League Circles wrote:
LateNight wrote:
League Circles wrote:It's nice to want things.

You don't hire someone for one thing and then force them to do something else.
It's a great way to piss people off, create poorly prepared players and develop a bad reputation as a manager.

If Sato is able to do backup minutes at those positions, or wants to do that, I'd say that's a bonus!
But I would not hire him to be our point guard, then play him exclusively as a backup wing.

Also, I think his complaint was primarily because they were playing him at the 3, but I'm just taking J Michaels word for it.

Did the Bulls or Sato announce that they hired him to play "point guard"?

As I described, I see him handling the ball plenty on offense (playing "point") regardless of who he defends on the other side of the ball. He describes it as a role (offensive) issue. I'm calling him a 2/3 defensively because we need it and it allows White, Dunn, Arci to get minutes. It's just I think Valentine and Hutchison suck.

Oh man, if we push Sato to the wing so that Kris Dunn can get his minutes starting at PG... wow.

Dunn shouldn't even be on this team, let alone starting.

"One more chance", right?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,130

Post#22 » by League Circles » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:23 pm

ZOMG wrote:
League Circles wrote:
LateNight wrote:
You don't hire someone for one thing and then force them to do something else.
It's a great way to piss people off, create poorly prepared players and develop a bad reputation as a manager.

If Sato is able to do backup minutes at those positions, or wants to do that, I'd say that's a bonus!
But I would not hire him to be our point guard, then play him exclusively as a backup wing.

Also, I think his complaint was primarily because they were playing him at the 3, but I'm just taking J Michaels word for it.

Did the Bulls or Sato announce that they hired him to play "point guard"?

As I described, I see him handling the ball plenty on offense (playing "point") regardless of who he defends on the other side of the ball. He describes it as a role (offensive) issue. I'm calling him a 2/3 defensively because we need it and it allows White, Dunn, Arci to get minutes. It's just I think Valentine and Hutchison suck.

Oh man, if we push Sato to the wing so that Kris Dunn can get his minutes starting at PG... wow.

Dunn shouldn't even be on this team, let alone starting.

"One more chance", right?

I don't put much stock in "starting". I expect Tomas to finish most games. I see the season starting like this (defensively by position):

1: Dunn 24, White 16, Arci 8
2: Lavine 34, Tomas 14
3: Otto 34, Tomas 14
4: Lauri 26, Young 22
5: Carter 30, Lauri 8, Kornet 10
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#23 » by LateNight » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:15 am

Man - I sure hope not
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#24 » by Axolotl » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 am

About Satoransky: Paxson has said that in him the Bulls have a versatile guard/wing. Pax has also said that they'd like to add a wing shooter. What this adds up to is that the Bulls would want Satoransky to play as a combo guard from whom Coby White could learn the craft.

Unless/until Valentine is back to his earlier self and/or Hutchison starts to play like a NBA player, the Bulls have no real backup small forward. Satoransky and to a degree Young are the insurance.

About Dunn Pax has said that he could play well with Satoransky and White in certain line ups, which means the FO and probably Boylen too, as I assume they have discussed the matter, don't see Dunn as someone who has a shot at the starting point guard spot.

I don't like it when you have a starter as a backup for another position, but that's where the Bulls are with Satoransky now. It's also been reported that Satoransky doesn't want to play as a small forward.

I hope the Bulls find a way to add that wing they want to add.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#25 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 am

Satoransky as SF will be 4-5th option at the beginning of season I think, Porter, Hutch, Valentine,even Harrison probably infront of him,as he can guard 1-3 spots.. I think Hutch and Val will get their chance to succedd or if they will fail as backup wings.
Bulls might be in waiting mode for shooting wing, they will first rely on current players,then go for upgrade if current fail.
I want Bulls to start winning or at least try 100% from the get go,not to go into rebuild mode playing,soo the best players should play a lot to gain confidence quickly with good season start.

my backups as of now :
Dunn, Harrison, Hutch, Young, Gafford - very solid defensive lineup, maybe lacks a bit of shooting,but Boylen will combine bench with plenty of shooting in 1st lineup anyway..

3rd :
White, Arci, Valentine, Mokoka, Felicio (odd man out as well), Kornet
odd man out, should be waived : Blakeney

White is just too green to be 2nd PG already,he is battling for 3rd with Arci behind Sato & Dunn.. let him develop, give him proper time,because now we actually can.. if he is good,he can move up thru the depth chart quickly.

Return to Chicago Bulls