Image ImageImage Image

Anthony Davis: Chicago’s The Mecca Of Bball, Would Consider Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Re: Anthony Davis mentions Bulls as a possible destination for 2nd time 

Post#201 » by Onibuh » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:19 pm

Current roster with Jimbo as HC and ownership/mgmt staff?

Sure is a possible landing spot for a player that wants to win and every team will go after.

No chance until there will be a owner willing to win, a GM acting like it and a Coach.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,390

Post#202 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:23 pm

No shot this happens next season.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#203 » by RememberLu » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:23 pm

keloms wrote:
Read on Twitter

The sooner the desperate realize that no star is ever coming to the team the better. The only shot they've got is falling bass ackwards into one through the draft (until they walk when the rookie deal is up or is traded for some future flops). Trash and bottom feeders is the new Chicago Bulls way.

Anthony Davis clarifies: "The Bulls are garbage, you'd have to be mad to think I'm going there. Get real losers."

Thank you for your honesty AD. Mods, please lock all AD threads and ban the thread starters. Thank you.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,952
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#204 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:32 pm

RememberLu wrote:
keloms wrote:
Read on Twitter

The sooner the desperate realize that no star is ever coming to the team the better. The only shot they've got is falling bass ackwards into one through the draft (until they walk when the rookie deal is up or is traded for some future flops). Trash and bottom feeders is the new Chicago Bulls way.

Anthony Davis clarifies: "The Bulls are garbage, you'd have to be mad to think I'm going there. Get real losers."

Thank you for your honesty AD. Mods, please lock all AD threads and ban the thread starters. Thank you.
Chill dude.Image
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#205 » by MeloRoseNoah » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:34 pm

Zero chances of that happening with the losers at the top.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#206 » by RememberLu » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:53 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
RememberLu wrote:
keloms wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chill dude.Image

It's too late, I reported you.

:D
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Re: Anthony Davis: Chicago’s The Mecca Of Bball, Would Consider Bulls 

Post#207 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:09 pm

AD spoke about Rose still getting MVP chants in Chicago. He will never get the kind of love/respect he wants in LA even if he wins a title. Fans are way too spoiled and there are way too many stars dividing up attention.

Even if he re-ups in LA, I read that AD's best option to maximize earnings is to sign a 2+1 deal with an opt out. The Bulls could make a run at him then and he would still only be 29.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#208 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:14 pm

HomoSapien wrote:This isn't going away and for whatever reason he keeps adding fuel to the flames. He's Anthony Davis so it's not like he needs us for leverage, which leads me to believe his interest in genuine.

All-Star weekend could be a cruicial time to remind him how great of a place Chicago is.

With our luck All Star Weekend will be a blizzard in Chicago.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#209 » by Am2626 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:17 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home," Davis responded, after the room filled with laughter. "I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility."

He mentioned it a few months ago so to do it again may mean a chance.

What else is he going to say to the kids that he went to see? He’s not going to tell them that he is turning his back on the city that he came from. There is no chance that he comes to the Bulls unless GarPax and Boylen are long gone. Don’t expect any top 5 player to even consider the Bulls in the current state that they are in. This might be the least attractive FA destination right now.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,499

Post#210 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:20 pm

jc23 wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:Remember the Stoudemire and Carmelo threads? Leave it alone. It's not worth it, I won't participate in this.

Stoudemire stuff was before my time but the melo threads were highlights of my realgm membership.

AD is just being nice imo, he has no basketball or endorsement reasons to leave LA.

If we were who we hoped to be and were that 8th seed on the rise maybe just maybe if he could get another guy to team up here too. As it is and will be there is nooooooooo chance. I do think leaving LA is real possibility though just not coming here.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#211 » by Am2626 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:20 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
That’s why Davis’ short answer rang a little hollow when asked if wearing a Bulls jersey someday would mean anything to him.

“I mean, (this is) definitely hometown,” he said. “If the opportunity ever presents itself and when that time comes, I’d definitely consider it.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-bulls-anthony-davis-lakers-free-agency-20190720-shiq3luaxveknpx2cae5xeexi4-story.html

Commencing 100 page thread.

The on-brand thing for GarPax to do in 2029 will be to bring Davis "home" by signing him for more money than anyone otherwise would do when AD is 36.

It’s scary to think that GarPax could still be with the Bulls in 2029.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#212 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:21 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:AD spoke about Rose still getting MVP chants in Chicago. He will never get the kind of love/respect he wants in LA even if he wins a title. Fans are way too spoiled and there are way too many stars dividing up attention.

Even if he re-ups in LA, I read that AD's best option to maximize earnings is to sign a 2+1 deal with an opt out. The Bulls could make a run at him then and he would still only be 29.

This is more possible for sure but we would have to be as good as the Clippers were last year or better.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#213 » by Am2626 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:21 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
jc23 wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:Remember the Stoudemire and Carmelo threads? Leave it alone. It's not worth it, I won't participate in this.

Stoudemire stuff was before my time but the melo threads were highlights of my realgm membership.

AD is just being nice imo, he has no basketball or endorsement reasons to leave LA.

If we were who we hoped to be and were that 8th seed on the rise maybe just maybe if he could get another guy to team up here too. As it is and will be there is nooooooooo chance. I do think leaving LA is real possibility though just not coming here.

Even that wouldn’t be enough to get him. Why would he want to play for a coach like Boylen?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#214 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:22 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
jc23 wrote:

Even that wouldn’t be enough to get him. Why would he want to play for a coach like Boylen?

Boylen won’t make the end of the season. Not that the new hire will be any better.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#215 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:23 pm

keloms wrote:
Read on Twitter

By new you mean since 99?
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#216 » by TeamMan » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:27 pm

Forget it.

:noway:
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#217 » by bledredwine » Tue Nov 5, 2019 7:31 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:I'm not falling for this crap again. Chicago NEVER lands the prime superstar and Davis will be the next to bypass Chicago.

Exactly!

We are pristine women. We aren’t interested in players!
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#218 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Nov 5, 2019 8:54 pm

We know he leveraging us, but we should be doing our due diligence anyway.

Keep the option open, lakers may get injured. Team falls apart, all of those scenarios could persuade Davis to leave. No one believed Kawhi would go to the clippers a bit ago. No one believed durant would leave okc, and then the warriors. No one thought lebron would leave Cleveland at a point of time. So can't quit before starting.

If this looks like yet another rebuild is on the way, I also wouldn't mind clearing the decks hoping to add 2 max or 1 max and near max player. Davis might not want to come alone. But what if lebron proves to be old, and davis and let's say DeMar derozan say lets join forces in Chicago. Dont mind at least keeping that option open
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Bulls Employee
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#219 » by Bulls Employee » Tue Nov 5, 2019 9:22 pm

Am2626 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28009283/lakers-anthony-davis-again-teases-possibility-playing-hometown-bulls

"Honestly, it's nothing like playing at home," Davis responded, after the room filled with laughter. "I don't know. ... I mean, I am a free agent next year, but we'll see. It's a possibility."

He mentioned it a few months ago so to do it again may mean a chance.

What else is he going to say to the kids that he went to see? He’s not going to tell them that he is turning his back on the city that he came from. There is no chance that he comes to the Bulls unless GarPax and Boylen are long gone. Don’t expect any top 5 player to even consider the Bulls in the current state that they are in. This might be the least attractive FA destination right now.

I really wish someone of AD's caliber WOULD say something like that: "As much as it would be great to someday wear a Bulls uniform, there is no way I, or any other elite talent, would ever consider playing for these incompetent clowns."

Seriously need pressure applied from any and all directions on the Reinsdorks and their garbage franchise(s).
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,759

Post#220 » by dougthonus » Tue Nov 5, 2019 9:26 pm

Am2626 wrote:What else is he going to say to the kids that he went to see? He’s not going to tell them that he is turning his back on the city that he came from. There is no chance that he comes to the Bulls unless GarPax and Boylen are long gone. Don’t expect any top 5 player to even consider the Bulls in the current state that they are in. This might be the least attractive FA destination right now.

I always think it's funny when fans add their own agenda as to why someone will or will not make decisions.

I can bet you that Gar Forman and John Paxson being involved with the Bulls is entirely irrelevant one way or the other as to whether he wants to come here. Boylen maybe or maybe not has a benefit.

What will matter most is if the team is in position to win or not. It doesn't look like it will be. Replacing GarPax/Boylen today will not increase the odds of AD coming though.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls