Image ImageImage Image

Lavine summer highlights

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Lavine summer highlights 

Post#1 » by Indomitable » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Lavine did not look to score as much in this scrimmage. He really was trying to playmake in my opinion. His defense and decision making are his two greatest liability.

:banghead:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Re: Lavine summer highlights 

Post#2 » by ZOMG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Indomitable wrote:Lavine did not look to score as much in this scrimmage. He really was trying to playmake in my opinion. His defense and decision making are his two greatest liability.

I was waiting to see Denzel getting his other ankle broken by some nobody, but I guess he knows by now to stay away from these runs.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#3 » by madvillian » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Drew League season is the worst part of the offseason fight me.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#4 » by Jvaughn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:40 am

Always hoped Tony Wroten would eventually find a spot in the league.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#5 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:58 am

ZOMG wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Lavine did not look to score as much in this scrimmage. He really was trying to playmake in my opinion. His defense and decision making are his two greatest liability.

I was waiting to see Denzel getting his other ankle broken by some nobody, but I guess he knows by now to stay away from these runs.

Considering he hasn't been fully medically cleared yet I doubt he would risk playing in games like these.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#6 » by samwana » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:58 pm

This vid is showing nothing really. Just a few guys running up and down, without much defense.

LaVine looks good though. I like that he doesn't balloon up in his upper body, he stays lean and looks strong.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#7 » by sco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:32 pm

samwana wrote:This vid is showing nothing really. Just a few guys running up and down, without much defense.

LaVine looks good though. I like that he doesn't balloon up in his upper body, he stays lean and looks strong.

I wish he'd share that wisdom with Lauri!
:clap:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#8 » by Indomitable » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:59 pm

madvillian wrote:Drew League season is the worst part of the offseason fight me.

This is not the Drew League.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#9 » by Nikola » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:38 pm

samwana wrote:This vid is showing nothing really. Just a few guys running up and down, without much defense.

But his core looks stronger, which is great.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#10 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Zach is 1 of My favorite NBA players, with good reason.
Good natured and talented.

He was toying with the competition, he could barely keep a straight face.
This is one of the most athletic guys in the NBA, one of the top dunkers, can shoot lights out.
Them being able to keep his numbers down would be practically impossible., especially without some tight gameplanning.

Iirc he seemed like he didn't play the last few minutes in a tight game, he was probably just out there to get some run, make an appearance for the kids.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#11 » by madvillian » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Indomitable wrote:
madvillian wrote:Drew League season is the worst part of the offseason fight me.

This is not the Drew League.

No kidding. It's the generic part of the offseason after the draft, after FA, after SL and my old head calls it "Drew League' season because I'm old and grumpy and cynical about non-NBA basketball where NBA players are playing and I can only see so many "Ball is LIFE" youtubes of NBA guys "going off" before my eyes pop out.

In fact, just yesterday I saw some middle school principle from Indiana has introduced something he calls an "Elan Ending" and it's in effect in some 2 million dollar winner take all tourney with Fran **** Frischilla on the call.

I'm ready for fall camp and the preseason! This is just empty calories.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#12 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:00 am

I don't know. Personally I like seeing Zach out there playing. Sure beats Rose sitting all the time.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#13 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am

Always good to get a run in. These aren't high intensity affairs - Zach's workouts are probably more rigorous. Still, it's nice to get some reps in versus opponents, even if the competition is a breeze for him. Plus, seeing guys wanting to play ball after a ridiculously draining NBA season always speaks to guys who love the game.

I would like to see Lavine get an invite to Team USA. It's a setting where he can learn from great coaching/surrounding talent and is in a 5 on 5 setting where he can work on things like defense/decision making which he can't do in an empty gym. With all the dropouts there's a very real chance he could get a spot.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#14 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 am

Read on Twitter
Why so serious?
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#15 » by AKfanatic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Devin Booker is somewhere on the sidelines yelling “double him”...
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#16 » by jacoby1us » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:14 am

HomoSapien wrote:I don't know. Personally I like seeing Zach out there playing. Sure beats Rose sitting all the time.

The jabs don’t stop.
Have you ever torn your ACL? Trust me, just because your medically cleared PHYSICALLY does not mean your MENTALLY prepared. Everything is a joke to everyone when it comes to mental toughness until you hit that wall of vulnerability.

Rose never MENTALLY recovered, he never believed in his repaired ACL again. This definitely attributed to his domino effect of multiple lower extremity injuries to follow.

Zach and Derrick are two totally different players, Zach has had ONE major injury in his career, I can list over several MAJOR injuries that Derrick suffered in a Bulls Uniform.

The kid never turned his back on the City or the fans, people gave up on him due to him not being certain of his confidence, longevity and bad PR.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#17 » by Proven_Winner » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:19 am

AKfanatic wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Devin Booker is somewhere on the sidelines yelling “double him”...

Funny enough I honestly think Zach would be up for that challenge. Though to be fair he’s a way better dribbler than devin so it wouldn’t be hard trying to break a double team.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#18 » by Axolotl » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:56 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The way this man moves is a thing of beauty.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#19 » by Indomitable » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 am

jacoby1us wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I don't know. Personally I like seeing Zach out there playing. Sure beats Rose sitting all the time.

The jabs don’t stop.
Have you ever torn your ACL? Trust me, just because your medically cleared PHYSICALLY does not mean your MENTALLY prepared. Everything is a joke to everyone when it comes to mental toughness until you hit that wall of vulnerability.

Rose never MENTALLY recovered, he never believed in his repaired ACL again. This definitely attributed to his domino effect of multiple lower extremity injuries to follow.

Zach and Derrick are two totally different players, Zach has had ONE major injury in his career, I can list over several MAJOR injuries that Derrick suffered in a Bulls Uniform.

The kid never turned his back on the City or the fans, people gave up on him due to him not being certain of his confidence, longevity and bad PR.

Rose never had his shot. Lavine also did not tear up his other knee in his return season. Not all acl tears are the same and those who try to make them the same really are ignorant of it.

People who make these connections are wrong.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#20 » by HomoSapien » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Indomitable wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:

The jabs don’t stop.

Rose never had his shot. Lavine also did not tear up his other knee in his return season. Not all acl tears are the same and those who try to make them the same really are ignorant of it.

People who make these connections are wrong.

Fellas, before you get more bent out of shape I should warn you that I wasn't taking a jab at Rose. I sincerely meant that seeing LaVine healthy enough to play summer ball is a good thing, whereas Rose sitting meant some combination of still not recovered, mentally not ready, or a loss of the passion for the game. For that reason, it's a good sign in Zach's' progression that he is out there playing in something that many healthy/never injured players don't participate in.

And jacoby, for the record, I once broke the same foot four times in a two year span from playing basketball. Not the same as Rose's injuries by any means, but I have a better understanding than most of what he went through.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls