Image ImageImage Image

Report: Mirotic turned down $45 million offer from Bulls before going overseas (UPDATE: Sources deny)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Report: Mirotic turned down $45 million offer from Bulls before going overseas (UPDATE: Sources deny) 

Post#1 » by keloms » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:59 pm

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/913610/barcelona-coach-pesic-mirotic-had-a-45m-offer-from-the-bulls/

Barcelona head coach Svetislav Pesic talked about the signing of former NBA forward Nikola Mirotic, revealing an offer the player had to return to the Chicago Bulls.

“He had an offer from two NBA teams. I know the Bulls gave him some 45,0000,000 gross. Normally, when a player of this caliber returns to Europe despite this offer, everyone wonders if he’s coming back just for the money. He has a contract fitting for his quality but those figures that are reported are speculation, not to say lies. The guy is European-oriented, he and his family bought a house in Barcelona,” Pesic said to the TV show “In the Hoop”, per Mozzart Sport.

Going off that, Mirotic & Collison was their plan A for the summer.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Re: Report: Mirotic turned down $45 million offer from Bulls before going overseas 

Post#2 » by Bluewaterheaven » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:00 am

Sure he did :wink:
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Re: Report: Mirotic turned down $45 million offer from Bulls before going overseas 

Post#3 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 am

keloms wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/913610/barcelona-coach-pesic-mirotic-had-a-45m-offer-from-the-bulls/

Barcelona head coach Svetislav Pesic talked about the signing of former NBA forward Nikola Mirotic, revealing an offer the player had to return to the Chicago Bulls.

“He had an offer from two NBA teams. I know the Bulls gave him some 45,0000,000 gross. Normally, when a player of this caliber returns to Europe despite this offer, everyone wonders if he’s coming back just for the money. He has a contract fitting for his quality but those figures that are reported are speculation, not to say lies. The guy is European-oriented, he and his family bought a house in Barcelona,” Pesic said to the TV show “In the Hoop”, per Mozzart Sport.

Sounds like Mirotic & Collison may've been their plan A this summer.

It wouldn't shock me if the Bulls indeed offered him a deal, however, that quote says that the Bulls gave him a 45 million offer, then immediately after says the figures are speculation. Which is it?

As I said in a different thread alluding to this article, it's a shame that Niko opted to go back to Europe, because he is indeed an NBA talent who is in his prime, however, it's like he had some bad luck when it came to team fits. He probably fitted best with the Bulls, but under the circumstances with the Portis situation that unravelled. Then he ended up looking to have a journeyman type of career.
Why so serious?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#4 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 am

They left on bad terms, so I'm not sure I believe this.

The coach may have meant the Jazz. Reports were that they offered him $45m.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#5 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:47 am

Yeah, highly doubt that.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#6 » by TeamMan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 am

Let's face it, the guy did not have a good experience in the NBA.

He made his money and got out.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#7 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 am

He must've just really wanted to go back to Spain. Money doesn't always buy happiness
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#8 » by coldfish » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:25 am

Man, I hope this isn't true. I was really happy with the Bulls offseason. I would be pretty unhappy if it was plan B to a really crappy plan A.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#9 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:26 am

Dominater wrote:He must've just really wanted to go back to Spain. Money doesn't always buy happiness

Exactly, and I commend him for making the move.

You read stories about NBA players suffering from depression, so if going back to where you feel you can be happy, irregardless of the money, it's the right move.
Why so serious?
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#10 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:01 am

Prefer Thaddeus young over bringing Niko back. All day every day. Better defensive presence, more consistent. less injured. Dont know what I would have done watching niko light it up for a month then disappear after. We need consistency
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#11 » by Bandit King » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:06 am

He must of gotten depressed living here! People are rotten in the states.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#12 » by step » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 am

Dominater wrote:He must've just really wanted to go back to Spain. Money doesn't always buy happiness

He still got a pretty penny from Barcelona, it wasn't that much less & it is guaranteed.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#13 » by League Circles » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:49 am

Niko was always the obvious right FA target and I said it a ton of times.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#14 » by League Circles » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:51 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
keloms wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/913610/barcelona-coach-pesic-mirotic-had-a-45m-offer-from-the-bulls/

It wouldn't shock me if the Bulls indeed offered him a deal, however, that quote says that the Bulls gave him a 45 million offer, then immediately after says the figures are speculation. Which is it?

As I said in a different thread alluding to this article, it's a shame that Niko opted to go back to Europe, because he is indeed an NBA talent who is in his prime, however, it's like he had some bad luck when it came to team fits. He probably fitted best with the Bulls, but under the circumstances with the Portis situation that unravelled. Then he ended up looking to have a journeyman type of career.

Seems like the "speculation" part of the comment is refering to whatever it was reported he got from Barcelona.

Makers perfect sense to me. We paid him almost that amount 2 years ago and he went out and outplayed the deal. He's versatile. Thad is a good signing but Niko would have been even better IMO.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#15 » by Bandit King » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:53 am

Plan A fail one player Collison retires the other goes back to europe. :lol:
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#16 » by Clocian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:04 am

dodged a bullet if true, but I doubt it is
Damn I love Hip Hop!
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#17 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 am

Had a similar offer from Utah apparently. Guess he wanted to go back to Europe
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#18 » by mj234eva » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

They're talking about the offer he received to go back to Eurpore, not that the 45 million dollar offer from the Bulls is speculation.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#19 » by keloms » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:33 am

Bandit King wrote:Plan A fail one player Collison retires the other goes back to europe. :lol:

Even C & D level guys don't want to come (or return) to the organization.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#20 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 am

keloms wrote:
Bandit King wrote:Plan A fail one player Collison retires the other goes back to europe. :lol:

Even C & D level guys don't want to come (or return) to the organization.

That's not the takeaway here. The takeaway here is that Niko has always chosen his family, his sense of self and what he likes to do.

From the time he left Spain because of a fallout with his HC there....to the time when he had enough of the US and is back in the place that he's most comfortable.

He's a baller. But he's not a professional baller. He makes money from basketball. There is a big difference between the two.

Return to Chicago Bulls