Image ImageImage Image

Wade apparently mentoring Coby White

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Wade apparently mentoring Coby White 

Post#1 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Dwyane Wade mentoring Bulls rookie Coby White at 'The Invitational' camp
By Michael Walton August 07, 2019 12:04 AM
Leave a comment
For the second straight year, future NBA Hall of Famer Dwyane Wade hosted a business and basketball-themed camp at the Stance Basketball facility called "The Invitational", where Wade invites young players from around the NBA to spend a week fine-tuning their on and off the court skills.

This year's camp featured Bulls No. 7 overall 2019 draft pick Coby White, who will be entering his rookie season hoping to become a big part of a Bulls team looking for major improvements across the board.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/dwyane-wade-mentoring-bulls-rookie-coby-white-invitational-camp
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Re: Wade apparently mentoring Coby White 

Post#2 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:03 pm

So he is signing with Heat when he is 28 good.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Proven_Winner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm

I seen this last week. I don’t think he was personally going to coby but more like doing an event to try to explain the NBA to new guys and have vets volunteer.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#4 » by sco » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:07 pm

I thought this was more "NBA life mentoring" than NBA game mentoring.

Not that Wade is Mr. Clean off court, he's a way better model than others (ex-Bulls not mentioned but implied).
:clap:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#5 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 am

If he mentors on the court, expect to see a lot of flopping this season, :)
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#6 » by 2018C3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 am

Flops are not the players fault, it has been developed into the game by league officials.

As kids on the play ground no one ever flops, and people raise there hand when a foul is made. Its the system in place that encourages this behavior.

The flop is now a game in itself, and the goal is to win. As long as the league officials allows it to benifitial, it will continue t happen.

The "flop play" has been allowed now for so long it has become part of a strategy to win.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#7 » by jacoby1us » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:31 am

It’s so sad to read all the negative feedback on this topic.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#8 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 am

jacoby1us wrote:It’s so sad to read all the negative feedback on this topic.

D-Wade worked hard to earn this disrespect from Bulls fans.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#9 » by erlim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am

Whatever. Relationship to the Bulls aside (though I thought he left our team in a very classy and non dramatic manner), Wade was one of the most well adjusted athletes/celebrities I’ve ever seen. It’s not like JR Smith is taking Coby under his wing.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#10 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:57 am

2018C3 wrote:Flops are not the players fault, it has been developed into the game by league officials.

As kids on the play ground no one ever flops, and people raise there hand when a foul is made. Its the system in place that encourages this behavior.

The flop is now a game in itself, and the goal is to win. As long as the league officials allows it to benifitial, it will continue t happen.

The "flop play" has been allowed now for so long it has become part of a strategy to win.

I get where you’re coming from but it’s totally on players to abuse flopping. It’s one thing to something like jimmy and just jerk your head back on drives now and then. It’s another thing to flat out just fall to the ground out of nowhere or with very minimal contact. That’s not basketball nor is it the system making them do it. It’s literally players using star power most times to cry and persuade the game. Again the small head jerking flops are ok but the oblivious faking mix with complaining should not be excused it’s just disgraceful straight up.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Post#11 » by Axl Rose » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:07 pm

He should get BG to teach him that floater game.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#12 » by gardenofsound » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm

erlim wrote:Whatever. Relationship to the Bulls aside (though I thought he left our team in a very classy and non dramatic manner), Wade was one of the most well adjusted athletes/celebrities I’ve ever seen. It’s not like JR Smith is taking Coby under his wing.

Honestly you're right. Both Wade and Lebron have kept their noses clean off the court in the Twitter/TMZ era. That is pretty damn impressive.
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#13 » by 23-7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
erlim wrote:Whatever. Relationship to the Bulls aside (though I thought he left our team in a very classy and non dramatic manner), Wade was one of the most well adjusted athletes/celebrities I’ve ever seen. It’s not like JR Smith is taking Coby under his wing.

Honestly you're right. Both Wade and Lebron have kept their noses clean off the court in the Twitter/TMZ era. That is pretty damn impressive.

Eh, Wade had a break baby
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,385

Post#14 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm

gardenofsound wrote:

Yeah both have been solid in a world that would have killed Jordan. Hats off to them for that. I know they are both better people than Jordan is but damn I still can’t like either of them. I think it’s because they lets us behind the curtain and let us know that this is on,y about the money. It is but the illusion was nice.
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 198

Post#15 » by KeithBoothfan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:13 pm

2018C3 wrote:Flops are not the players fault, it has been developed into the game by league officials.

Wade's flopping is garden variety. It's his crying to the refs whenever his flops don't work that really rubs me the wrong way. There is probably already an advanced stat for this, but I truly wonder how many points Wade has cost his team via taking himself out of a defensive play in order to whine at refs. It's got to be hundreds or even a few thousand points by now.
Can I borrow a feeling?

Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#16 » by erlim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:

Yeah both have been solid in a world that would have killed Jordan. Hats off to them for that. I know they are both better people than Jordan is but damn I still can’t like either of them. I think it’s because they lets us behind the curtain and let us know that this is on,y about the money. It is but the illusion was nice.

Jordan has or at least had an incredible amount of charisma on camera during his playing days. Wade does too, but LeBron is an awkward goober most of the time.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,385

Post#17 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 am

erlim wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:

Jordan has or at least had an incredible amount of charisma on camera during his playing days. Wade does too, but LeBron is an awkward goober most of the time.

It was a different era and Jordan knew exactly how to treat the media. He became their darling and they in turn they handled him with kids gloves. You are right about Lebron though he is awkward, little too child like while also trying to be cool and in charge. Lebron is kinda like Will Ferrell in Step Brothers, you’ve done a great job but I want to punch you in the face.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#18 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Honestly I think these camps are best for young talent.
You will see a lot of NBA players did camps on the way to the nba.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#19 » by samwana » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 pm

KeithBoothfan wrote:

Wade's flopping is garden variety. It's his crying to the refs whenever his flops don't work that really rubs me the wrong way. There is probably already an advanced stat for this, but I truly wonder how many points Wade has cost his team via taking himself out of a defensive play in order to whine at refs. It's got to be hundreds or even a few thousand points by now.
I agree, the whining is excessive. It doesn't do anything but annoy the hell out of a lot of people.
I can throw stuff at my TV if refs don't call a technical every time. It should be, every time. This goes for LeBron too and lots of other playing. Talking to a ref should be an automatic technical.
Although it is hilarious when Shrek throws his hands in the air and then tries to plead his case. Also extreme annoying.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#20 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 am

It makes sense. White and Wade are both with CAA.

Return to Chicago Bulls