Image ImageImage Image

Who is on your Chicago Bulls Mount Rushmore?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Who is on your Chicago Bulls Mount Rushmore? 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm

Pretty self explanatory.

Mine are Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Derrick Rose, and Joakim Noah.

Was considering Rodman over DRose, but I think the impact Rose had on the newer generation of Bulls fans was bigger.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Re: Who is on your Chicago Bulls Mount Rushmore? 

Post#2 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Rodman or Deng over Noah IMO if it's just players.

My thought was Michael, Scottie, Phil and Derrick.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM

Post#3 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:44 pm

IB4 someone says JR, MR, JP, GF lol
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Pretty self explanatory.

Was considering Rodman over DRose, but I think the impact Rose had on the newer generation of Bulls fans was bigger.

Since it's a text reply and I'm allowed to cheat I will say:
Jordan
Pippin
2004/2005 team
Noah

This for me is a personal list based on what meant the most to me as a Bulls fan and not necessarily the best or most impactful players.

I would consider dropping Pippen for Rose, even though I think Pippen is a much more meaningful Bull, just because I was a much bigger fan in the Rose era and the number of years I really appreciated the dynasty Bulls is pretty similar to the length of Rose's meaningful career.

That said, even though Rose was super great and made that era, I never enjoyed him all that much as a player, so I left Pippen on.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#5 » by TheStig » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Rose is a hard one. He was very good but it was so brief.

I'd personally go all dynasty Bulls. MJ, Pip, Rodman and Kukoc. All champions. Rodman was still a rebounding champ and all nba defense here. Kukoc was 6 man of the year.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#6 » by erlim » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Jordan, Pippen, Rose, and Kerr (Red).
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#7 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:04 pm

jordan, pippen and rose i think is a given

the issue is that 4th guy, which is narrowed down to imo norm van lier, jokim noah , kirk hinrich and loul deng

although im not the biggest fan of hinrich, i cant front on his impact on the bulls as part of the baby bulls era, but maybe deng was a better piece in that era, with ben gordon as a honorable mention but i dont place him here due to how long he was here.

i have noah and van lier slightly ahead of them though, and i give noah the edge because he anchored a elite defense, had mvp consideration a year when rose was down, and was a 1 , 2 punch alongside rose. not only that, noah was the heart and soul and identity of our team for a lot of years. so i edge noah

so my mt rushmore is jordan, pippen, rose and noah.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#8 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:09 pm

TheStig wrote:Rose is a hard one. He was very good but it was so brief.

I'd personally go all dynasty Bulls. MJ, Pip, Rodman and Kukoc. All champions. Rodman was still a rebounding champ and all nba defense here. Kukoc was 6 man of the year.

i considered rodman, but i cant talk brief ,then not remember that rodman was only here 3 seasons. that is brief. not to mention that although rodman was a elite rebounder and defender, i cant forget his suspensions, his distractions and many times he was just doing too much. bulls were just such a great team to overcome those distractions.

rose gave us a great rookie year, playoffs the next season, mvp the 3rd year, returned and we made the 2nd rd and probably beat cleveland if butler doesnt lose slight footing and get to lebron in that corner in game 4. rose was also a huge reason for the best record in the league for 2 years in a row. that pushes him past rodman imo

and i loved kukoc as much as anyone, but he is just not on the talent level of a rose.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#9 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 pm

If you look at the entire career trajectories:

MJ
Pippen
Rose
Hinrich

The Hinrich slot did not go to:

1) Rodman because he wasnt a career Bull
2) Van Lier because the Bulls and he had a falling out
3) Deng because he was always a few feet below greatness AND he lost a lot of games due to injury
4) Noah...this was the toughest. In impact, he was WAY above Kirk...but not in career impact and in longevity as a Bull.

Kirk also had a very important second act as Bulls PG basically rescuing us post-Rose and Noah injuries.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#10 » by DuckIII » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Personal Favorites Rushmore:

Pippen
Jordan
Deng
Taj

Best Rushmore:

Jordan
Pippen
Phil
Red Kerr

If I have to go only with players, Rose and Noah over Phil and Kerr.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#11 » by TheStig » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:23 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:
TheStig wrote:Rose is a hard one. He was very good but it was so brief.

i considered rodman, but i cant talk brief ,then not remember that rodman was only here 3 seasons. that is brief. not to mention that although rodman was a elite rebounder and defender, i cant forget his suspensions, his distractions and many times he was just doing too much. bulls were just such a great team to overcome those distractions.

rose gave us a great rookie year, playoffs the next season, mvp the 3rd year, returned and we made the 2nd rd and probably beat cleveland if butler doesnt lose slight footing and get to lebron in that corner in game 4. rose was also a huge reason for the best record in the league for 2 years in a row. that pushes him past rodman imo

and i loved kukoc as much as anyone, but he is just not on the talent level of a rose.

Rose's rookie year was good but not elite. He really had 2 really good years here. His 2nd and 3rd. He was really good his 4th year but was out more than half the year. Rodman led the league in rebounding every year and was elite defensively. That and every year ended in a championship where he played a crucial role and guarded elite big men.

If Rose had a longer tenure or more playoff success, I'd go with him. But I'd easily take Rodman over him now. I can easily see the point over Kukoc.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#12 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Jordan, Pippen, D-Rose and Artis Gilmore.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#13 » by greenwing » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen/Dennis Rodman/Phil Jackson

If coaches are not included then flip out Phil for Horace Grant. There’s really no long-term Bulls that did not win a ring with us that deserve to be there. Maybe Rose since MVP Rose was a special player. He was certainly a better player than Rodman or Grant. But IMO the four listed above comprised the greatest teams of all time and they all deserve it.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#14 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Here is an article that ranks the 20 best Bulls players ever. My top 3 are Jordan, Pippen, and Rose. After that it is a toss up between Rodman and Artis Gilmore. I’m also tempted to select someone from the 74-75 Bulls team that came 1 game short of making the NBA Finals and was up 3-2 on the Warriors in the Conference Finals.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/top-10-chicago-bulls-and-_39_-players-of-all-time
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#15 » by gardenofsound » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Uhh...

Jordan
Pippen
Jackson
Krause

#sorrynotsorry
TheStig
RealGM

Post#16 » by TheStig » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:21 pm

I think Rodman is very underrated here. He is easily on that list IMHO.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#17 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Am2626 wrote:

Here is an article that ranks the 20 best Bulls players ever. My top 3 are Jordan, Pippen, and Rose. After that it is a toss up between Rodman and Artis Gilmore. I’m also tempted to select someone from the 74-75 Bulls team that came 1 game short of making the NBA Finals and was up 3-2 on the Warriors in the Conference Finals.

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/top-10-chicago-bulls-and-_39_-players-of-all-time

Actually it ranks 81 players.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#18 » by transplant » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Sloan
Jordan
Pippen
Rose

Rose was the only tough call for me. Though Noah was my favorite player on the good Rose teams, Rose was clearly the star of the most recent successful Bulls teams.

Note: personally, it doesn’t feel right to include non-players so I didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
League Circles
RealGM

Post#19 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:47 pm

If we're just talking favorite players:

Michael
Rose
Taj
Deng or Rodman
SportsPg
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#20 » by SportsPg » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Excellent topic - In my mind this is a no-brainer if you look at the history of the Bulls:

Jordan - GOAT
Pippen - 6 titles, Hall of Famer - almost his entire career with the Bulls
Rose - Only other Bull to win MVP - even though injuries killed his career he has to be on the list
Artis Gilmore - Most of you are too young to remember the A-Train - he is the original Bull that made me a fan. He came over as the #1 overall pick in the ABA dispersal draft (where he was a superstar) and dominated in 5 season with the Bulls. He is in the Hall of Fame, and while so is Rodman, you could argue easily that Rodman’s biggest impact was with the Pistons, plus Rodman is such a tool where Gilmore was always known as the gentle giant - everyone liked him. Artis played one more season with the Bulls at the end of his career which made the Bulls the team he played for more than any other. He should be the 4th...long live the A-Train!

Return to Chicago Bulls