Image ImageImage Image

Who is on your Chicago Bulls Mount Rushmore?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,335

Re: Who is on your Chicago Bulls Mount Rushmore? 

Post#21 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm

MJ
Pip
Rodman
Rose

GOAT big 3 plus our only other MVP
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,424

Post#22 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:39 pm

MJ, Pippen, Rose, Phil. The Rushmore to me are the actual faces and those dynasty years are those three and Rose for good or bad represent everything post dynasty.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,493

Post#23 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:50 pm

MJ
Pip
*Rose
Noah

*His tenure was short and I've never been a huge fan, but there's no denying his cultural resonance. There's definitely a "two Americas" thing going on when it comes to the regard people have for him. But that's been hashed out here before and I don't have anything to add.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#24 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 pm

SportsPg wrote:Excellent topic - In my mind this is a no-brainer if you look at the history of the Bulls:

Jordan - GOAT
Pippen - 6 titles, Hall of Famer - almost his entire career with the Bulls
Rose - Only other Bull to win MVP - even though injuries killed his career he has to be on the list
Artis Gilmore - Most of you are too young to remember the A-Train - he is the original Bull that made me a fan. He came over as the #1 overall pick in the ABA dispersal draft (where he was a superstar) and dominated in 5 season with the Bulls. He is in the Hall of Fame, and while so is Rodman, you could argue easily that Rodman’s biggest impact was with the Pistons, plus Rodman is such a tool where Gilmore was always known as the gentle giant - everyone liked him. Artis played one more season with the Bulls at the end of his career which made the Bulls the team he played for more than any other. He should be the 4th...long live the A-Train!

I don’t know why Artis Gilmore’s Jersey isn’t retired by the Bulls. It should be.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#25 » by transplant » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 pm

I notice that I'm the only poster to put up Sloan. This is fine since it's a personal thing, but I feel the need to explain my choice.

By its nature, a "Mount Rushmore" includes a symbolic aspect. The franchise has been around since 1966. Most of the selections here ignore everything pre-dynasty...nearly half of the team's history. Obviously, this is an age thing. Of the "original Bulls," Sloan is the only one who deserves consideration. While his offensive numbers don't measure up to others, he was a 2-time all star, 4-time first team all-defense and 2-time 2nd team all-defense). Excluding the Jordan-era, Sloan was a key player on 4 of the 7 Bulls teams that won 50+ games. Van Lier would also be a worthy selection though he was not one of the original Bulls.

And for those who see my avatar and want to say I'm biased, you'd be 100% correct. Sloan was my boyhood basketball hero.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm

transplant wrote:I notice that I'm the only poster to put up Sloan. This is fine since it's a personal thing, but I feel the need to explain my choice.

By its nature, a "Mount Rushmore" includes a symbolic aspect. The franchise has been around since 1966. Most of the selections here ignore everything pre-dynasty...nearly half of the team's history. Obviously, this is an age thing. Of the "original Bulls," Sloan is the only one who deserves consideration. While his offensive numbers don't measure up to others, he was a 2-time all star, 4-time first team all-defense and 2-time 2nd team all-defense). Excluding the Jordan-era, Sloan was a key player on 4 of the 7 Bulls teams that won 50+ games. Van Lier would also be a worthy selection though he was not one of the original Bulls.

And for those who see my avatar and want to say I'm biased, you'd be 100% correct. Sloan was my boyhood basketball hero.

Oh I thought of Sloan too, I think the problem is that most here are going to associate him with the Jazz as a coach because most are dynasty era fans.

I like the Artis add too.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#27 » by transplant » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
transplant wrote:I notice that I'm the only poster to put up Sloan. This is fine since it's a personal thing, but I feel the need to explain my choice.

Oh I thought of Sloan too, I think the problem is that most here are going to associate him with the Jazz as a coach because most are dynasty era fans.

Gilmore was a great player, but his Bulls teams weren’t very good. He was most dominant in the ABA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Miltpalaciofanclub
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Post#28 » by Miltpalaciofanclub » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Jordan circa 1991
Pippen circa 1991
Jordan circa 1997
Pippen circa 1997

Everybody else who’s face would be carved into that stone would pale in comparison to the best two players this franchise will likely ever have.

Placing Noah’s, Hinrich’s, or Rose’s mug onto that mountain automatically delegitimizes the entire concept.

The standard deviation between Teddy Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln is much less that of Scottie Pippen and Joakim Noah.

transplant wrote:By its nature, a "Mount Rushmore" includes a symbolic aspect. The franchise has been around since 1966. Most of the selections here ignore everything pre-dynasty...nearly half of the team's history...

The Bulls aren’t the Boston Celtics. The team’s history prior to the dynasty is effectively irrelevant. Likewise, the Baron Davis-lead Warriors’ are comparatively inconsequential. They were a nice story, but ultimately left no mark in the NBA landscape.

The Rose/Deng/Noah years were a nice story, and the try-hard Bulls certainly played a good foil to Lebron. But that small sanguine memory is merely a midsummer musing. Objectively, Jordan and Pippen’s magnitude eclipses all other successes this franchise has mustered.
Rerisen wrote: There was a big thread on the GB making fun of Austin Rivers for his 8 PER and only playing cuz his dad is the coach. Snell's is even worse.... who's kid is he, Gar's?
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#29 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:46 pm

My rushmore (regardless of any stipulation) would be:

Jordan
Pippen
Sloan
Van Lier.

Rushmore 2nd team:

Gilmore
Rose
Noah
Rodman
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#30 » by dumbell78 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Sloan not getting enough love, he was a big part of the history before MJ.

Sloan
MJ
Pip
Rose

Rose gets in because he was a bolt of lightning this org hadn't felt since MJ. Only two MVP's ever for our team, I cant ignore that.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#31 » by Am2626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 pm

transplant wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Gilmore was a great player, but his Bulls teams weren’t very good. He was most dominant in the ABA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

It’s too bad he came to the Bulls a little too late. If he started his Career with the Bulls I’m sure that core would have won at least 1 Championship. Possibly could have been a Dynasty before the Dynasty. If that happens the Bulls never get sold to the Reinsdorf’s.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,594

Post#32 » by Jimako10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Jordan, Pippen, Rose, Butler
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,423

Post#33 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:36 am

Jimako10 wrote:Jordan, Pippen, Rose, Butler

What's the argument for Butler?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Inquiring minds want to know.

If we can go with players whose best years aren’t with the Bulls can we add

Iceman
Robert Parish
Dwayne Wade
Khalid El Amin
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#35 » by DuckIII » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:40 am

I love it when Miltpalaciofanclub posts.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#36 » by mtron32 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:55 am

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Rose

Sorry Noah, we'll have bobble heads in the gift shop
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#37 » by mtron32 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Yeah, Butler can't sniff that mountain
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#38 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:36 am

Jordan, Pippen, Rose, Gilmore(though I think you could put Love or Sloan here as well)
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#39 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:40 am

dumbell78 wrote:Sloan not getting enough love, he was a big part of the history before MJ.

Sloan
MJ
Pip
Rose

Rose gets in because he was a bolt of lightning this org hadn't felt since MJ. Only two MVP's ever for our team, I cant ignore that.

How people are putting Hinrich on the mount rushmore and ignoring Sloan, Gilmore, Van Lier and Love is beyond me.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#40 » by RSP83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:33 am

JR, Krause, Pax, Gar

"Organization wins championship"

Return to Chicago Bulls