Image ImageImage Image

OT: Spider-Man out of Marvel Cinematic Universe upd: Hes back for now p5

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Re: OT: Spider-Man out of Marvel Cinematic Universe 

Post#101 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 pm

This is good news. It looks like two films apparently.
The Cult of Personality
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Re: OT: Spider-Man out of Marvel Cinematic Universe upd: Hes back for now p5 

Post#102 » by SlimD235 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Looks like he'll be able to appear in Venom movies too separate from the MCU. Win-win for everyone involved
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#103 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:47 pm

SlimD235 wrote:Looks like he'll be able to appear in Venom movies too separate from the MCU. Win-win for everyone involved

I can't wait to see how this ends up connected since Eddie is already Venom and there is no black spider suit to come before it.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,412

Post#104 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:32 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
SlimD235 wrote:Looks like he'll be able to appear in Venom movies too separate from the MCU. Win-win for everyone involved

I can't wait to see how this ends up connected since Eddie is already Venom and there is no black spider suit to come before it.

Think they would have to ignore the alien suit origins as they already rewrote their own version of it. They had to have planned then when filming venom one way or the other already as they were trying to have a Spider-Man and venom movie at some point with or without MCU.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#105 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:53 pm

When the day finally comes where I decide to catch up on Spider-Man movies I'm going to have to set aside a full weekend. I'm THAT far behind.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#106 » by coldfish » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:Considering the erosion of its Star Wars franchise, Disney needs to keep milking that MCU cash cow.

I'm probably alone in this but I think that episode 7 and 8 were two of the worst movies I have ever seen. They almost lap the phantom menace 3 as far as cheesiness combined with poor writing. Sure, Jar Jar Binks and all but episode 7 was basically a low quality rewrite of a new hope with forced nostalgia moments. 8 was even worse. Kathleen Kennedy should be tarred and feathered.

The only disney star wars movie that was even passably good was rogue one and that one was fantastic. Not sure how that one managed to be so much better.

I'm not really sure how MCU got it right and so many others have failed recently (SW, XMen, DC). Its more than just the overarcing story. They continuously nail casting while their scripts are a good balance of well put together with some non cheesy comedic relief. Thor Ragnarok was an excellent example. Lots of funny stuff in there with a plot that was out there but there were no stomach groaning moments. If the SW group had handled that, they would have pushed multiple things too far and turned it into a groan fest.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#107 » by AKfanatic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:53 pm

coldfish wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:Considering the erosion of its Star Wars franchise, Disney needs to keep milking that MCU cash cow.

I'm probably alone in this but I think that episode 7 and 8 were two of the worst movies I have ever seen. They almost lap the phantom menace 3 as far as cheesiness combined with poor writing. Sure, Jar Jar Binks and all but episode 7 was basically a low quality rewrite of a new hope with forced nostalgia moments. 8 was even worse. Kathleen Kennedy should be tarred and feathered.

The only disney star wars movie that was even passably good was rogue one and that one was fantastic. Not sure how that one managed to be so much better.

I'm not really sure how MCU got it right and so many others have failed recently (SW, XMen, DC). Its more than just the overarcing story. They continuously nail casting while their scripts are a good balance of well put together with some non cheesy comedic relief. Thor Ragnarok was an excellent example. Lots of funny stuff in there with a plot that was out there but there were no stomach groaning moments. If the SW group had handled that, they would have pushed multiple things too far and turned it into a groan fest.

Rogue One was fantastic. Solo was...watchable. I found episode 7 and 8 absolutely terrible. I’m hopeful that once the Skywalker story is complete, Disney will find a way to make some more solid and original SW movies. The Mandolorian on their streaming service looks like it may be pretty good. As a big fan of Star Wars, I was actually glad Disney bought it because you just knew they’d put out movies yearly, or every other.... I just really hope they find the right writers and give fans content that’s got some replay value.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#108 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 am

coldfish wrote:

First off, nothing will ever make a SW movie worse than one including Jar Jar Binks. NOTHING! He is a horrible character.

I would like to see them explore a Darth Revan trilogy. That would be amazing to see if done properly.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,412

Post#109 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:38 pm

I tend to agree that once they get off nostalgic Star Wars stuff and expand on the universe it can get some better stuff. If they can avoid overselling the past and just focusing on good storylines, they can strike gold because that universe is well pretty good.

Return to Chicago Bulls