Image ImageImage Image

FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Re: FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances 

Post#121 » by Indomitable » Sat Sep 7, 2019 3:29 pm

Dez wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
Dez wrote:I want Chicago to sign Jock Landale, dude has some serious potential.

How?

What do you mean how?

AirLaVine8 wrote:
Dez wrote:I want Chicago to sign Jock Landale, dude has some serious potential.

Wouldn't be opposed to it. At the very least for Windy City anyway.

Still has a lot of developing to do but he's talented enough for the NBA.

What position?
What is playing style?

I am asking for your scouting report.
:banghead:
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#122 » by Dez » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:24 pm

Indomitable wrote:
Dez wrote:
Indomitable wrote:How?

What do you mean how?

AirLaVine8 wrote:
Wouldn't be opposed to it. At the very least for Windy City anyway.

Still has a lot of developing to do but he's talented enough for the NBA.

What position?
What is playing style?

I am asking for your scouting report.

6'11 C/PF with good face-up and back to the basket game.

Can shoot and has soft touch around the rim.

Great foot work in the post.

Did have weight issues but has gotten himself into shape and it has improved his athleticism which wasn't the greatest in college.

Improving defender but still needs quite a bit of work in that area.

He could definitely be a useful rotation player off the bench.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,321

Post#123 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:39 pm

Another stat stuffer line for Sato. Super excited to see him on the court for the Bulls. And the best part is how versatile he can be at 6'7" with his all around, high efficiency skill set. He can play with anyone and everyone on our roster.

With the premium demand on 6'7" guard/wings today it feels sort of amazing we got a guy with his talent level for 3/30M entering his 28yo season.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#124 » by GimmeDat » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:47 pm

Sato said he was unhappy playing the position and came to the Bulls to play PG, but he did play some SF even for the Wizards. If we end up super low on the wing at any point due to injury he theoretically has the versatility to slide over to the 2 or 3, and we have PG depth between White and Dunn (for now at least).

Obviously FIBA is a slightly different game, but if there's one thing I think it makes you appreciate, it's that high IQ/feel teams that run good systems can be damn good. Australia has 1 NBA role player starter (Ingles), a few NBA bench players (Baynes, Mills), one NBA benchwarmer (Dellevadova), 1 guy from over in Europe (Landale) and then a slew of NBL players (Bogut, Goulding, Kay, etc.) and they are looking damn formidable because of great passing, team defense, and overall IQ.

Satoransky is one of those sort of guys. He plays within himself, is extremely well rounded, plays unselfishly and has a great knack for team basketball. Otto and Wendell fit right in to that mold too. Lavine/Lauri are more average as playmaker/passers, but they have the top end scoring/shot creation necessarily to be a top flight NBA team, and so to have great 2 way role players around them like we have now down is pretty exciting.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#125 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:14 am

Satoransky might become the steal of the offseason.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#126 » by sco » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:24 pm

Just stay healthy!
:clap:
Juso
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#127 » by Juso » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:23 am

Another great game by Sato with stats 13/8/9, most probably leading his team to the quarter finals. Czech lost with 7 points, but since it will be a 3 team tiebreak (pending USA to win over Brazil) they will qualify with the point difference of the games between these 3 teams. A bit complicated, but this is FIBA. The stat line was good again, but he is a true floor general with great court vision, does not force anything, and makes great decisions even under pressure. I am amazed if he does not start instead of Dunn even in the beginning of the season.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#128 » by bad knees » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:49 pm

With USA’s win over Brazil, Sato and the Czechs advance to the quarterfinals. Next up, Australia and Patty Mills at PG. should be interesting.

The Czech Republic was ranked 24 th in the world coming into the tournament, so making the last eight is already a huge accomplishment. Sato has been the leader and driving force.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#129 » by MalagaBulls » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:52 pm

bad knees wrote:With USA’s win over Brazil, Sato and the Czechs advance to the quarterfinals. Next up, Australia and Patty Mills at PG. should be interesting.

The Czech Republic was ranked 24 th in the world coming into the tournament, so making the last eight is already a huge accomplishment. Sato has been the leader and driving force.
That is about as good as it gets. This turned out to be a good thread.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#130 » by ZOMG » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:18 pm

Juso wrote:Another great game by Sato with stats 13/8/9, most probably leading his team to the quarter finals. Czech lost with 7 points, but since it will be a 3 team tiebreak (pending USA to win over Brazil) they will qualify with the point difference of the games between these 3 teams. A bit complicated, but this is FIBA. The stat line was good again, but he is a true floor general with great court vision, does not force anything, and makes great decisions even under pressure. I am amazed if he does not start instead of Dunn even in the beginning of the season.

But but but... Dunn has that DOG in him!!! :lol: Surely that's more important than leading your team to wins in high pressure situations.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#131 » by drosereturn » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:42 pm

Juso wrote:Another great game by Sato with stats 13/8/9, most probably leading his team to the quarter finals. Czech lost with 7 points, but since it will be a 3 team tiebreak (pending USA to win over Brazil) they will qualify with the point difference of the games between these 3 teams. A bit complicated, but this is FIBA. The stat line was good again, but he is a true floor general with great court vision, does not force anything, and makes great decisions even under pressure. I am amazed if he does not start instead of Dunn even in the beginning of the season.

I mean lots of garbage guys are putting up stats in the Fiba tournament but I truly believe Sato is developing and getting ready for rs rather than being a couch potato. You remove Sato and I dont think Czech make out of groups since he is the main facilitator, shooter, and perimeter defender. The reason why Dunn will be kicked out of the NBA is bc he doesnt have the brain and only looks to score with his tunnel vision.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#132 » by bad knees » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:47 pm

Sato is currently second in the tournament in assists per game, with 7.4 apg.

He's also second among guards in rebounds per game, with 6.0 rpg.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#133 » by drosereturn » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:47 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Sato said he was unhappy playing the position and came to the Bulls to play PG, but he did play some SF even for the Wizards. If we end up super low on the wing at any point due to injury he theoretically has the versatility to slide over to the 2 or 3, and we have PG depth between White and Dunn (for now at least).

Obviously FIBA is a slightly different game, but if there's one thing I think it makes you appreciate, it's that high IQ/feel teams that run good systems can be damn good. Australia has 1 NBA role player starter (Ingles), a few NBA bench players (Baynes, Mills), one NBA benchwarmer (Dellevadova), 1 guy from over in Europe (Landale) and then a slew of NBL players (Bogut, Goulding, Kay, etc.) and they are looking damn formidable because of great passing, team defense, and overall IQ.

Satoransky is one of those sort of guys. He plays within himself, is extremely well rounded, plays unselfishly and has a great knack for team basketball. Otto and Wendell fit right in to that mold too. Lavine/Lauri are more average as playmaker/passers, but they have the top end scoring/shot creation necessarily to be a top flight NBA team, and so to have great 2 way role players around them like we have now down is pretty exciting.

Why will Sato become a great player? Cuz he wins you games instead of padding stats.
Guys like him, Otto, Young know the exact weakness of the team and will do all the dirty work our young core wont.
The next step is teaching the young core how to play fundamental basketball like the Spurs that pretty much is a lock to playoffs every season despite having washed up players.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#134 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:12 am

He's been really impressive. It would be heinous of Dunn somehow winds up starting over him. The Bulls can't seriously be even thinking about that. Sat is exactly the kind of player Zach Lavine needs to be playing with. Same with Lauri. I think Sato can be the x factor for this team...the catalyst for Zach and Lauri.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#135 » by TeamMan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:He's been really impressive. It would be heinous of Dunn somehow winds up starting over him. The Bulls can't seriously be even thinking about that. Sat is exactly the kind of player Zach Lavine needs to be playing with. Same with Lauri. I think Sato can be the x factor for this team...the catalyst for Zach and Lauri.

There is not question that Gar/Pax have a plan, and most likely Dunn won't be with the team past the trade deadline.

But it could happen sooner if someone makes the right offer.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 465

Post#136 » by chitowndish » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 am

I'm glad to hear that Satoransky's team is punching above it's weight class and I think that is a great testament to him as it seems like he's helping to make the people around him better which I think is also how Porter and Carter seem. I think they will really will help out and play well with guys like Lauri and Lavine because they can let those two score and chip in other ways when needed or any of these guys can step up and score or facilitate to take pressure off of Lauri or Lavine if they need help. I also like that we can play him with other PG's with his size and he complements them well. Seems like he's going to be a great pickup and I think the Bulls made a few this year, seems like they found some good pieces that fit well together.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#137 » by GimmeDat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 am

Sorry guys, but I hope Sato has a dud game tomorrow night. Australia needs a gold medal.
sco
RealGM

Post#138 » by sco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 pm

TeamMan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:He's been really impressive. It would be heinous of Dunn somehow winds up starting over him. The Bulls can't seriously be even thinking about that. Sat is exactly the kind of player Zach Lavine needs to be playing with. Same with Lauri. I think Sato can be the x factor for this team...the catalyst for Zach and Lauri.

There is not question that Gar/Pax have a plan, and most likely Dunn won't be with the team past the trade deadline.

But it could happen sooner if someone makes the right offer.

I want to believe it, but we've been wronged by the FO/coaches too many times for me to be comfortable that Dunn won't start.
sco
RealGM

Post#139 » by sco » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Sorry guys, but I hope Sato has a dud game tomorrow night. Australia needs a gold medal.

Yeah, I just want him to stay healthy and for Czech to be done asap.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,074

Post#140 » by MrSparkle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

How is Scola still so good? 39.5 years old! What a great career.

Return to Chicago Bulls