Image ImageImage Image

FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Re: FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances 

Post#141 » by Indomitable » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:41 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Juso wrote:Another great game by Sato with stats 13/8/9, most probably leading his team to the quarter finals. Czech lost with 7 points, but since it will be a 3 team tiebreak (pending USA to win over Brazil) they will qualify with the point difference of the games between these 3 teams. A bit complicated, but this is FIBA. The stat line was good again, but he is a true floor general with great court vision, does not force anything, and makes great decisions even under pressure. I am amazed if he does not start instead of Dunn even in the beginning of the season.

But but but... Dunn has that DOG in him!!! :lol: Surely that's more important than leading your team to wins in high pressure situations.

:banghead:
Juso
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#142 » by Juso » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:09 pm

sco wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Sorry guys, but I hope Sato has a dud game tomorrow night. Australia needs a gold medal.

Yeah, I just want him to stay healthy and for Czech to be done asap.

Unfortunately they will play still one game even if they lose to Australia. This is some strange FIBA way to set pecking order even for places 5-8, like someone cares.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#143 » by MrSparkle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Juso wrote:
sco wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Sorry guys, but I hope Sato has a dud game tomorrow night. Australia needs a gold medal.

Yeah, I just want him to stay healthy and for Czech to be done asap.

Unfortunately they will play still one game even if they lose to Australia. This is some strange FIBA way to set pecking order even for places 5-8, like someone cares.

The post-classification matches are really stupid. Star players aren't going to risk injury for such a menial game, and there is little "valor" in winning a 15th seed or whatever the prize is.

Why don't they just devise a formula that tallies points, differentials and strength of opponent? It's not rocket science.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#144 » by DorO » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 pm

No medal for USA when France beat 89-79 weak USA team. Gobert is a beast!
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#145 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:29 pm

It was kind of bound to happen. People saw it a mile away. The FIBA team usually carries like the B team from the USA. And that's still normally easily good enough to win.

But this seriously was like Team E at best. By far the worst collection of guys in recent memory. And sadly enough, this will continue to be the case for FIBA competition, unless the real Olympic team doesn't win and they are forced to compete. As long as the Olympic team wins, players, especially vets, will just pass it in favor of the youngsters.
The Cult of Personality
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#146 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Sato with another solid game, after one half a very solid statline:

Read on Twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#147 » by MrSparkle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Now the real question is, who’s more nervous about the classification game, Serbia or USA? :lol: Or rather, who gives two ****ts about it?
Juso
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#148 » by Juso » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm

13/9/13 (5 TOs) for Sato, so one rebound short of a triple double, which would have been the first ever in the FIBA WCs. Not the greatest of games for the Czech team, but I think everyone has seen enough to give the final "approved" stamp for the signing.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#149 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Sato with a near triple double:

Read on Twitter
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#150 » by GrowingHorns » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:20 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Juso wrote:
sco wrote:Yeah, I just want him to stay healthy and for Czech to be done asap.

The post-classification matches are really stupid. Star players aren't going to risk injury for such a menial game, and there is little "valor" in winning a 15th seed or whatever the prize is.

Why don't they just devise a formula that tallies points, differentials and strength of opponent? It's not rocket science.

Long story short: World Cup serves partly for the Olympic games qualifications so that explains why the seeding from 5th to 8th is wanted to settle by actually paying for them some head to head matches.

EDIT: This time around there's just nothing actually to be decided in those matches about Olympics, as per continent, all the possible spots for Tokyo 2020 have been decided. I'm not complitely sure how the points gotten from seeding well are taken in consideration for the becoming qualification matches for the rest four teams to be decided... So it still might be relevant for Czechs to play Satoransky significant minutes in hopes to get easier group to play for the place in the sun... And i'm too lazy to dig out the info. :lol:
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#151 » by MrSparkle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:26 pm

GrowingHorns wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Juso wrote:

Long story short: World Cup serves partly for the Olympic games qualifications so that explains why the seeding from 5th to 8th is wanted to settle by actually paying for them some head to head matches.

I realize that... but like I said, can’t the played games provide enough statistics to rank them? If a team averages 20 point losses against mediocre squads, why can’t they simply rank lower than a team averaging 5 point losses against the upper tier teams?
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#152 » by GrowingHorns » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
GrowingHorns wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I realize that... but like I said, can’t the played games provide enough statistics to rank them? If a team averages 20 point losses against mediocre squads, why can’t they simply rank lower than a team averaging 5 point losses against the upper tier teams?

It could, but I prefer they plan it the way they actually have to play for it. i know it sucks from NBA perspective but at least we're lucky Czechs can't snatch that place by winning both the games remaining... So Sato doesn't have to take any risks if having any sensations in his body.
NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#153 » by NDave79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 pm

For anybody interested, Here are some Tomas highlights from last game.

uppantera
Freshman
And1: 58

Post#154 » by uppantera » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Another big game for Sato: 22 pts/12 asts and the Czech beat Poland. Next up is Serbia on Saturday for 5th place -- and this from a team that was ranked 24 in FIBA entering the tournament and is missing one of its best players (Euroleague MVP Jan Vesely).

When Sato checked out at the end of the game the announcers said "the entire gym should be on their feet right now."

Guy is a stud. Plays efficiently and has a complete all around game. Great leader. Really think he's going to be a star with the Bulls.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:59 pm

NDave79 wrote:For anybody interested, Here are some Tomas highlights from last game.

Doesn't have blazing lateral speed or twitchy handles but he is extremely smart with the ball. Just works with a high BBIQ.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#156 » by Indomitable » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:00 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
NDave79 wrote:For anybody interested, Here are some Tomas highlights from last game.

Doesn't have blazing lateral speed or twitchy handles but he is extremely smart with the ball. Just works with a high BBIQ.

He is smart and winner. He never missed a rotation and always did his job.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#157 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:

His game reminds me of Dunn...or more accurately, reminds me that Dunn's game is lacking in passing and shooting.

I agree that he lacks lateral quickness, but his length and decisiveness compensate well. Really impressed with his playmaking!

Stay healthy Sato!
:clap:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#158 » by Indomitable » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm

The 4 Boston Celtics really helped the U.S.A.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#159 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Indomitable wrote:The 4 Boston Celtics really helped the U.S.A.

I really wouldnt be suprised if they dont make playoffs. There is nothing about those Celtics to be scary of them. Even as Bulls fan. Hell I expect fight for 8th seed with them.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#160 » by Indomitable » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Indomitable wrote:The 4 Boston Celtics really helped the U.S.A.

I really wouldnt be suprised if they dont make playoffs. There is nothing about those Celtics to be scary of them. Even as Bulls fan. Hell I expect fight for 8th seed with them.

But Brown and Tatum are Superstars :roll:

Return to Chicago Bulls