Image ImageImage Image

Run with Us Season 3 [E4 - 11/01]

Moderators: HomoSapien, dougthonus, kulaz3000, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Tommy Udo 6 , RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Payt10, Ice Man, fleet

User avatar
PaKii94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,981
And1: 3,081
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Run with Us Season 3 [E4 - 11/01] 

Post#1 » by PaKii94 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Am at work so haven't watched it yet but the first episode dropped... I wish they were longer. I can't get enough Bulls material :lol:







User avatar
PaKii94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,981
And1: 3,081
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#2 » by PaKii94 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Well I took a break and watched it. Mostly feel good stuff. I like seeing the personalities behind the players. The one thing to note is one of Coby's crew mentions that Coby thought Boylen was the best coach he talked to during the work outs. Add another feather to the Boylen redemption campaign
VolumePoster
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,770
And1: 1,201
Joined: Oct 02, 2009

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#3 » by VolumePoster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 pm

PaKii94 wrote:Am at work so haven't watched it yet but the first episode dropped... I wish they were longer. I can't get enough Bulls material :lol:



He comes across as a meatball, but does appear to have a good rapport with our players and players from other teams as well.
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,520
And1: 16,653
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#4 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:25 pm

These have been a great addition since they first started 2 seasons ago. Glad that they are continuing this series. Interesting to see the big boss in the draft war room.

The biggest take away is that the Bulls as they seemingly have for a long while now, really bring on board good genuine kids. Both Coby and Daniel seem like good people, let's just hope that they have the drive to be great players.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM
Posts: 14,251
And1: 3,556
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#5 » by sco » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Did they change the name? Thought it was Run FROM Us last season.
:clap:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,037
And1: 337
Joined: Dec 11, 2002

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#6 » by TeamMan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Some thoughts...

- Boylen looks to be very happy with the team and they seem to like him.
- Video started with Hutch's workout. He looks strong.
- Zach , OPJ and Valentine were in the video but did not see them in the workouts...
- Also not Dunn...
- Shaq Harrison looks ripped! You can see why the Bulls wanted to keep him.
- JR was on the phone during the draft and looked happy.
It's clear Gar/Pax had prepared him about wanting Coby and Gafford.

IMO overall the video was more confident and with less hype.

Hopefully it translates to wins.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 14,251
And1: 3,556
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#7 » by sco » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 am

TeamMan wrote:Some thoughts...

- Boylen looks to be very happy with the team and they seem to like him.
- Video started with Hutch's workout. He looks strong.
- Zach , OPJ and Valentine were in the video but did not see them in the workouts...
- Also not Dunn...
- Shaq Harrison looks ripped! You can see why the Bulls wanted to keep him.
- JR was on the phone during the draft and looked happy.
It's clear Gar/Pax had prepared him about wanting Coby and Gafford.

IMO overall the video was more confident and with less hype.

Hopefully it translates to wins.

Or they recorded the video after the draft to make it seem like they wanted our guys. ;)

It was funny when guys are being introduced to each other.
:clap:
User avatar
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,970
And1: 8,824
Joined: Nov 01, 2001
Location: Cookin' with Derrick Rose

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#8 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:05 am

I really love the series.

I wish they had this in the dynasty years.
The quest for #7
Hold That
RealGM
Posts: 11,511
And1: 209
Joined: Dec 07, 2001
     

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#9 » by Hold That » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 am

I’m trying hard to tolerate Coby whites face, and the idea of having to get use to him being around. He’s not a bad guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don’t like his weird personality or his game. Hope he succeeds though.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,037
And1: 337
Joined: Dec 11, 2002

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#10 » by TeamMan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:58 am

Hold That wrote:I’m trying hard to tolerate Coby whites face, and the idea of having to get use to him being around. He’s not a bad guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I just don’t like his weird personality or his game. Hope he succeeds though.

Made this comment in another thread...

Coby appears to be the type of person that is a fun loving guy off the court, but is an assassin on the court.

This is a big departure from the old school of basketball, and I can remember Magic Johnson as being the 1st star level player to come into the league with this type of personality.

Lauri also seems to have the same type of personality, and I can see him and Coby developing a good relationship together.

Time will tell...
Dez
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,094
And1: 4,508
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#11 » by Dez » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 am

Coby has a permanent "I just farted, I hope nobody notices" look on his face.
User avatar
PaKii94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,981
And1: 3,081
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#12 » by PaKii94 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Episode 2 is up:


Should be longer!!!
sco
RealGM
Posts: 14,251
And1: 3,556
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Run with Us Season 3 [E2 - 09/25] 

Post#13 » by sco » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Good to see that WCj is healthy now.

We may be missing that top 10 guy, but I can't remember having a team with what appears to be guys with both skill and unselfish attitudes. IMO, chemistry and playing for each other do matter in W's.
:clap:
Showtime23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,744
And1: 618
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#14 » by Showtime23 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 pm

sco wrote:
TeamMan wrote:Some thoughts...

- Boylen looks to be very happy with the team and they seem to like him.
- Video started with Hutch's workout. He looks strong.
- Zach , OPJ and Valentine were in the video but did not see them in the workouts...
- Also not Dunn...
- Shaq Harrison looks ripped! You can see why the Bulls wanted to keep him.
- JR was on the phone during the draft and looked happy.
It's clear Gar/Pax had prepared him about wanting Coby and Gafford.

IMO overall the video was more confident and with less hype.

Hopefully it translates to wins.

Or they recorded the video after the draft to make it seem like they wanted our guys. ;)

It was funny when guys are being introduced to each other.


From the footage, I think the owner wanted Coby more than mgt and those 2 puppets followed what their boss had to say. Very hard to justify the pick considering they didnt trade down for Hachimura, NAW, or Bol. Clearly went for need over BPA. When a team cannot orchestrate Kawhi Leonard type trade, you better hit jackpots on your picks. 3 7s and not a single star so far.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 14,251
And1: 3,556
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#15 » by sco » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
sco wrote:
TeamMan wrote:Some thoughts...

- Boylen looks to be very happy with the team and they seem to like him.
- Video started with Hutch's workout. He looks strong.
- Zach , OPJ and Valentine were in the video but did not see them in the workouts...
- Also not Dunn...
- Shaq Harrison looks ripped! You can see why the Bulls wanted to keep him.
- JR was on the phone during the draft and looked happy.
It's clear Gar/Pax had prepared him about wanting Coby and Gafford.

IMO overall the video was more confident and with less hype.

Hopefully it translates to wins.

Or they recorded the video after the draft to make it seem like they wanted our guys. ;)

It was funny when guys are being introduced to each other.


From the footage, I think the owner wanted Coby more than mgt and those 2 puppets followed what their boss had to say. Very hard to justify the pick considering they didnt trade down for Hachimura, NAW, or Bol. Clearly went for need over BPA.

IDK, Hachimura and NAW were SL revelations, not necessarily at draft. Coby was the BPA at 7. Could you imagine the nuttiness if we drafted Bol?
:clap:
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,520
And1: 16,653
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Run with Us Season 3 

Post#16 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 pm

PaKii94 wrote:Episode 2 is up:


Should be longer!!!


The editing of the first part of this video was horrendous, it was so jittery and jarring.

This was one of the worst episodes. They might as well have waited until they had more content.
Why so serious?
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,844
And1: 18,616
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Run with Us Season 3 [E2 - 09/25] 

Post#17 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:49 pm

PaKii94 wrote:Am at work so haven't watched it yet but the first episode dropped... I wish they were longer. I can't get enough Bulls material :lol:


They have Coby looking like an old man in this pic.
User avatar
Axolotl
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,973
And1: 1,746
Joined: Feb 05, 2018
Location: The Vasty Deep
   

Re: Run with Us Season 3 [E2 - 09/25] 

Post#18 » by Axolotl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 am

Thad Young is saying the same thing about his role in the team over and over, and I quite like it. He is in the later afternoon of his career, but I can't imagine him being anything else but an exemplary pro-athlete. His - and Satoransky's - presence will be a constant reminder of how to be a professional basketball player, something a young team needs.
"Now we're going to start playing winning basketball" - Bulls coach Jim Boylen 15. Dec. 2018
"They are going to learn to play winning basketball" - Bulls coach Jim Boylen 5. Nov. 2019
User avatar
PaKii94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,981
And1: 3,081
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Re: Run with Us Season 3 [E3 - 10/07] 

Post#19 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 7:45 pm

episode 3 is out! It is 15 mins long so hopefully some good content. I am watching it now...

NDave79
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,799
And1: 1,344
Joined: Aug 08, 2006
Location: San Cristóbal De Las Casas, Mexico
       

Re: Run with Us Season 3 [E3 - 10/07] 

Post#20 » by NDave79 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:15 pm

PaKii94 wrote:episode 3 is out! It is 15 mins long so hopefully some good content. I am watching it now...



I enjoyed this one a lot and it was pretty awesome seeing some of the one on one stuff (especially Arch; how can you not root for him, lol?). This team's character and chemistry seem really good.

Return to Chicago Bulls