Image ImageImage Image

Bulls sign Perrion Callandret/Simi Shittu to camp deals.

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Re: Bulls sign Perrion Callandret/Simi Shittu to camp deals. 

Post#21 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:37 am

LaVine on Callandret

“He’s an elite athlete,” LaVine told the Spokesman-Review. “He’s a team-oriented guy who will do everything for the team. If you want him to go out there and play center, he’ll do that. He’ll guard different positions. You talk about pure athlete, skill wise, somebody that could shoot the ball, pass, play defense and get up and try and dunk on you, I think he’s got the whole package.”
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#22 » by AKfanatic » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:18 am

LAS VEGAS – When two-time NBA slam dunk champion Zach LaVine called the Chicago Bulls organization and asked a favor, it wasn’t the first time he’d reached out for his childhood friend Perrion Callandret.

The two have known each other since middle school. They both played basketball at Bothell High School, and their relationship grew stronger when Callandret’s family needed it the most.

To say the LaVine family was there for Callandret at his lowest moment … well, they tell the story better.

“Zach’s an amazing dude; I could talk about him forever,” said Callandret, a 6-foot-2 guard who avearged 14.0 points as a junior at the University of Idaho. “Because without him I wouldn’t be here. Without his family, they’re great people. Them along with my own family have been literally the cornerstone of why I keep playing.”

Added LaVine: “He’s like my brother, legitimately. I didn’t have any brothers growing up, I have two sisters, but he moved in with me when I was a sophomore in high school. We’ve been friends even before that, since we were in sixth grade. The bond is bigger than anything it can be. He’s helped me along this way more than he knows because he gave me (somebody) to compete against, like a brother.”

So, it was nothing for LaVine to call the Bulls and ask they look at Callandret to merely consider him for this year’s NBA Summer League team.

He didn’t want him to have a spot, he wanted him to earn it. He wanted the brother he never had to get the chance he’d yet to have.

The rest was up to Callandret.

much more here

Looks like the Bulls are doing a solid for Zach and giving Callandret a camp opportunity to earn a spot with the G league team.

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#23 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

robert76 wrote:
jump wrote:I must say I'm looking forward to at least one "Holy Shittu" moment from this guy.

I think it would be a big challenge for Stacey King not to say exactly that if this guy ever scores for the Bulls. I would also suggest "Simi Shittu, different day"...

Stacy is probably licking his chops already.
A reason to stay tuned into preseason games late for it!

Pretty cool that the org respects Zach enough to give his buddy a shot. That means something to players.
If all goes well this year, he'll be a averaging 25+ PPG and be our ASG starter/ambassador.
Good to keep him happy so he stumps for the team all weekend. He's got the personality for it.

He really should do the Dunk Contest - not a FT stripe one - but some kinda tribute/nod to the last time it happened here.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#24 » by madvillian » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Nice to see the Bulls getting along with their best players for once.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#25 » by GrowingHorns » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 pm

Cool names, but this is nothing to 2017-18 when we signed Diamond Stone and Kaiser Gates... It was too good.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#26 » by step » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am

I read it as Bulls sign players to **** camp deals. I was left disappointed in not seeing another reason to bash the FO :(.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#27 » by d boy gentleman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Perrion Callendret sounds like a wine you order at a fancy restaurant. "Yes, I'll have a bottle of your Perrion Callandret" :beer:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#28 » by samwana » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:Perrion Callendret sounds like a wine you order at a fancy restaurant. "Yes, I have a bottle of your Perrion Callandret"
Awesome, now I will definitely think about getting a bottle of that wine, every time I order wine...

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#29 » by sco » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm

AKfanatic wrote:
LAS VEGAS – When two-time NBA slam dunk champion Zach LaVine called the Chicago Bulls organization and asked a favor, it wasn’t the first time he’d reached out for his childhood friend Perrion Callandret.

The two have known each other since middle school. They both played basketball at Bothell High School, and their relationship grew stronger when Callandret’s family needed it the most.

To say the LaVine family was there for Callandret at his lowest moment … well, they tell the story better.

“Zach’s an amazing dude; I could talk about him forever,” said Callandret, a 6-foot-2 guard who avearged 14.0 points as a junior at the University of Idaho. “Because without him I wouldn’t be here. Without his family, they’re great people. Them along with my own family have been literally the cornerstone of why I keep playing.”

Added LaVine: “He’s like my brother, legitimately. I didn’t have any brothers growing up, I have two sisters, but he moved in with me when I was a sophomore in high school. We’ve been friends even before that, since we were in sixth grade. The bond is bigger than anything it can be. He’s helped me along this way more than he knows because he gave me (somebody) to compete against, like a brother.”

So, it was nothing for LaVine to call the Bulls and ask they look at Callandret to merely consider him for this year’s NBA Summer League team.

He didn’t want him to have a spot, he wanted him to earn it. He wanted the brother he never had to get the chance he’d yet to have.

The rest was up to Callandret.

much more here

Looks like the Bulls are doing a solid for Zach and giving Callandret a camp opportunity to earn a spot with the G league team.

Lavine failed to mention that Callandret also picks-up his coffee and cleaning and cuts his lawn.
:clap:
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#30 » by transplant » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:44 pm

The Lavine-Callandret story is cool. I have a boyhood best friend and we've helped each other at various points in our careers because we're each others biggest fans. Whenever we've provided the other with an opportunity, it's been positive for everyone concerned. I hope this is the case here.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#31 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:40 am

samwana wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:Perrion Callendret sounds like a wine you order at a fancy restaurant. "Yes, I have a bottle of your Perrion Callandret"
Awesome, now I will definitely think about getting a bottle of that wine, every time I order wine...

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

:lol:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.

Return to Chicago Bulls