ZOMG wrote:Ice Man wrote:Brief thoughts on the open scrimmage. I was there for about half of it.
1) None of our PGs inspired overwhelming confidence. I know, Cobi and Sato haven't even played a game for us, so I draw zero conclusions from that. Just saying.
2) Gafford moves well and looked poised, if he's not already better than Felicio I'd be shocked. Yeah I know that's not a high hurdle but still that would be good.
3) Zach makes me laugh, he just glides out there as if he's been cast in Dazed & Confused, and yet he's so dangerousf. He looked capable of skinning anybody out there at will. made his shots too.
4) Arci was Arci, limited game and consummate pro. And Otto was Otto, he knew exactly where to be and was quietly good.
5) Lauri was the surprise to me, he was playing harder than anybody and barking. Acted as if he was the team leader.
6) Thad was still figuring out where he fit in with the guys. He did have one cool "spin cycle" move, as Stacey would say.
Not sure Lauri should get into the barking thing. Doesn't seem like it's really him.
Besides - if you're gonna bark at your teammates in the NBA, you better make sure you're the undisputed alpha dog of your team. Lauri is not, and I don't think we we even need a guy like that in this group. Jut play hard and try to lead by example.
I completely disagree with you on this point. Last two years Lauri was feeling himself out and trying not to step on toes. This is the year for him to take over. We WANT him to do this if he wants to be more than a complimentary star