Image ImageImage Image

Pelicans @ Bulls - Preseason Game #2 Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: Pelicans @ Bulls - Preseason Game #2 Thread 

Post#61 » by AKfanatic » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:38 pm

VolumePoster wrote:I love Zion. Can’t wait to watch tonight. This one is about to be painful though. Pelicans about to show us what a successful rebuild looks like...year one vs year three.

Hayes, Walker, Zion, lonzo, Ingram. Jeez.

It’s easy to call a rebuild “successful” when a team trades one of the top 5 players in the league for youth and is gifted the top pick.

That said, I love the Pels potential. Zion, Ingram, and Ball are a really intriguing trio of youth. Ball is going to look great running that offense by mid season....still would’ve liked to have gotten him for the 7 as I’m expecting him to really start living up to the hype over the next two years and would’ve loved to see him running the Bulls offense.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#62 » by logical_art » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:39 pm

Same starters as last game for the Pels.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#63 » by madvillian » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:40 pm

AKfanatic wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:I love Zion. Can’t wait to watch tonight. This one is about to be painful though. Pelicans about to show us what a successful rebuild looks like...year one vs year three.

It’s easy to call a rebuild “successful” when a team trades one of the top 5 players in the league for youth and is gifted the top pick.

That said, I love the Pels potential. Zion, Ingram, and Ball are a really intriguing trio of youth. Ball is going to look great running that offense by mid season....still would’ve liked to have gotten him for the 7 as I’m expecting him to really start living up to the hype over the next two years and would’ve loved to see him running the Bulls offense.

No kidding, was going to say "that's what it looks like when the team wins the lotto in a year a player like Zion is the clear #1". We had that with Rose. It was a fun ride for a minute but it didn't speak to a genius FO just ping pong luck mostly.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
AKfanatic
RealGM

Post#64 » by AKfanatic » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:43 pm

madvillian wrote:
AKfanatic wrote:

No kidding, was going to say "that's what it looks like when the team wins the lotto in a year a player like Zion is the clear #1". We had that with Rose. It was a fun ride for a minute but it didn't speak to a genius FO just ping pong luck mostly.

Crazy how that franchise trades CP3, defies lotto odds, gets number 1 and drafts AD.

Then, wash, rinse, repeat.... Zion

What a genius front office they have.....
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 285

Post#65 » by rosenthall » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:46 pm

SfBull wrote:
AKfanatic wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's the reason for starting Felicio again?

Probably because the team wants its more important players getting acclimated to the roles they'll be used for in the regular season.

I'm guessing the Bulls have Kornet penciled in as the backup C and Thad as the backup PF, so they want them to get reps in the lineups they'll be playing in when the games count.

Felicio is fodder, and is the easiest player to plug in so that no one else's role is going to be agitated.

It makes sense.
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 285

Post#66 » by rosenthall » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:51 pm

If I had to guess, the starters/bench splits we're seeing tonight are what we're going to use in the regular season, sans Felicio.

Key things to watch for tonight:

- Can Val be productive? He's not an important player in the big scheme of things, but he's important for us right now and I thought game 1 was encouraging.
- Will coming off the bench help Dunn find a better place for his alpha game? Dunn's never really been a bench guy, either on a team or in his head. In some ways, this will be the very first time he's ever played a game off the bench knowing that is his permanent role going forward. Will be paying attention to see how his high-usage style fits on a second unit.
- How big of an effect will Kornet's spacing have? My feeling that Kornet's ability to shoot from deep makes him an underrated guy on our team, because it'll really help the impact that Thad and Dunn have on the second unit. With a big that can't shoot it's probably going to be difficult for the two of them to effectively play their games, but a stretch C should really help. Another reason to root for Val's continued solid play. The more shooters the merrier.
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#67 » by Alcatraz17 » Wed Oct 9, 2019 11:58 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:This game would and should be a sellout-

it's ZION!

but it's also Yom Kippur, holiest day of the year on Jewish calendar and I think the attendance will show it.
I wonder is Scheyer will be in the house to hang with Zion?

Love the Otto Richie pic

Lonzo's new jumper looked interesting the other day.
Glad to see BI on the court and healthy.

Should be a fun one!

My tix sold in 20 seconds today on Stubhub.

Im thinking solid sized crowd.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#68 » by Ctownbulls » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:05 am

Is felicio going to actually be in the rotation? Why is he starting again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
AKfanatic
RealGM

Post#69 » by AKfanatic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:05 am

My prediction: Pelicans will make the playoffs this year, and be a tough match-up for anyone.*

*unless they trade Jrue and JJ
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#70 » by Mirotek » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 am

I know it's preseason but i'm excited for this game.
madvillian
RealGM

Post#71 » by madvillian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 am

Ctownbulls wrote:Is felicio going to actually be in the rotation? Why is he starting again?

probably just to get gafford familiar with his bench role and playing with the 2nd unit. It makes sense, I know.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
AKfanatic
RealGM

Post#72 » by AKfanatic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:09 am

madvillian wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:Is felicio going to actually be in the rotation? Why is he starting again?

probably just to get gafford familiar with his bench role and playing with the 2nd unit. It makes sense, I know.

It’s Boylen’s secret plan to either run Felicio into shape or into an early grave....
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#73 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 am

AKfanatic wrote:
madvillian wrote:

It’s Boylen’s secret plan to either run Felicio into shape or into an early grave....

we dont have that kind of luck
AKfanatic
RealGM

Post#74 » by AKfanatic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 am

Said it last game but...

Damn the scoreboard is sweet
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#75 » by BigUps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 am

Lets have some fun!
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#76 » by HomoSapien » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 am

Felicio starting, even in a pre-season game bums me out. Can't we just add Noah to this roster?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
AKfanatic
RealGM

Post#77 » by AKfanatic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 am

Sato out there thinking he’s throwing oops to Zion...
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#78 » by Mirotek » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 am

Did Sato forget how to play basketball?
madvillian
RealGM

Post#79 » by madvillian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 am

Sato is just not on the same page as his team mates yet.

logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#80 » by logical_art » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 am

Bulls are playing so sloppy and lazy.

Return to Chicago Bulls