Image ImageImage Image

Game 1 GT, Bulls @ Hornets, 23 Oct 2019, 6PM CDT, NBC SCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: Game 1 GT, Bulls @ Hornets, 23 Oct 2019, 6PM CDT, NBC SCH 

Post#61 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
-----

I think this game will tell if the Bulls are playoff team...

lol. No it won't. This game won't tell us much of anything. In fact, the first few weeks of the season really doesn't. The NBA, standings, players, stats, always look much different in March than they do in Oct, early Nov.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Cowbulls
Rookie
And1: 888

Post#62 » by Cowbulls » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:09 pm

It's refreshing not having everyone injured going into the season. I hope we just stay healthy this season. Please lord...keep the Bulls healthy for once.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,676

Post#63 » by Dez » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
LofJ wrote:My Hornets are going to get crushed. I won't be all that surprised if your Bulls make it to the playoffs this season. You have a much better team than the Hawks.

I think this game will tell if the Bulls are playoff team. Also Hawks have better overall talent and will crush the Bulls in a few yrs. Young, Collins, Hunter, Reddish are all locked rookie scale that can be all stars. Meanwhile half of our roster are injury prone waiting to get maxed.
Also do not sleep on Bridges. I went to MSU game and he had that same RW vibe smashing my garbage Illini team. I would trade a lot for him.

The season opener will tell if the Bulls are a playoff team? F*** me drunk that's just nonsense.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#64 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Am I being overly cynical, being that every chance I get leading up to the first game, I'm looking out for injury news to any of our players?

I know that injuries are bound to happen, but if we can remain relatively healthy and avoid any serious injuries, this season has the potential to be a really exciting season.
Why so serious?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,257

Post#65 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:51 am

Charlotte will have the worst record in the league. Maybe a dozen or so wins. There isn’t a position they have an advantage at.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,431

Post#66 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 am

Dez wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
LofJ wrote:My Hornets are going to get crushed. I won't be all that surprised if your Bulls make it to the playoffs this season. You have a much better team than the Hawks.

I think this game will tell if the Bulls are playoff team. Also Hawks have better overall talent and will crush the Bulls in a few yrs. Young, Collins, Hunter, Reddish are all locked rookie scale that can be all stars. Meanwhile half of our roster are injury prone waiting to get maxed.
Also do not sleep on Bridges. I went to MSU game and he had that same RW vibe smashing my garbage Illini team. I would trade a lot for him.

The season opener will tell if the Bulls are a playoff team? F*** me drunk that's just nonsense.

I remember Rick Pitinos Celtics running the Bulls in their opener. That did nit make that Celtics team a good team.

The only thing you can assuredly tell from game one in any year is that there 81 games left after it.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#67 » by Evil_Headband » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:45 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Am I being overly cynical, being that every chance I get leading up to the first game, I'm looking out for injury news to any of our players?

I know that injuries are bound to happen, but if we can remain relatively healthy and avoid any serious injuries, this season has the potential to be a really exciting season.

I was going to soothe your worry by telling you the team had the day off today. But then I remembered someone might trip over a gym bag. Or stab themself slicing an apple. Or stick their finger in a cigar cutter. Or decide to hop on a motorcycle.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#68 » by ImSlower » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:06 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
-----

I think this game will tell if the Bulls are playoff team...

lol. No it won't. This game won't tell us much of anything. In fact, the first few weeks of the season really doesn't. The NBA, standings, players, stats, always look much different in March than they do in Oct, early Nov.

Haha, yep. Nothing at all against ya Showtime, but that line cracked me up. We are all just so ready for some Bulls games, and for the first time in years we expect wins. It feels great. That said we could get blown out by 25 Wednesday and I would dismiss it. This roster could look like ass for 25 games then gel and kick ass all spring. Game 1 of 82 is the least relevant game all season.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#69 » by sco » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Yeah, the first game is subject to more unpredictability as teams haven't shown much to gameplan against in preseason, and there is a nerves factor with shots just not falling - especially for road teams.
:clap:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#70 » by TeamMan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Lot of last minute anxiety. :lol:

But I think the team is definitely ready defensively.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that his will be one of the better defensive teams that the Bulls have put on the floor since the dynasty.

It's something that a lot of teams are not ready for early in the season because they are still rounding into shape.

It should be worth 2 or 3 extra wins during the early weeks.

So relax and enjoy! :nod:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#71 » by samwana » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:51 pm

TeamMan wrote:Lot of last minute anxiety.

But I think the team is definitely ready defensively.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that his will be one of the better defensive teams that the Bulls have put on the floor since the dynasty.

It's something that a lot of teams are not ready for early in the season because they are still rounding into shape.

It should be worth 2 or 3 extra wins during the early weeks.

So relax and enjoy! :nod:
Wow, remember those first Thibs years, that was amazing defense. If these guys show that defense I'll be very happy.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#72 » by RememberLu » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm so ready for some exciting Bulls basketball. The depressing Bears season has made the start of the NBA season all too welcome.

Can Chicago fans just have teams that aren't in a depressing perpetual cycle of implosion/rebuild? Why is that too much to ask.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#73 » by cool007 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Man at the end of the last season, I was like why do we still have games left?
Now, I am like why do we have to wait so long to watch the Bulls again? How fast the time changed - wow.

I am really excited for this year's Bulls team. I think we will see the same vibe when we won 47 games under Scott Skiles era.

Bring it NBA!!
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#74 » by kodo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 pm

The defensive scheme has definitely changed this year so we'll see how it works out.

Last year we played the P&R pretty old school, with the big dropping back until the ball defender can recover.
Spoiler:

This year we're aggressively hard hedging. The amount of space & challenge the ballhandler is getting is very different.
Spoiler:

Changing the scheme is fine, whether or not our players can produce any results w the new scheme is yet to be seen. But it's nice to see we're trying something different since our defense hasn't been good since Hoiberg was coaching (never thought you'd hear that phrase).
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#75 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

kodo wrote:The defensive scheme has definitely changed this year so we'll see how it works out.

Last year we played the P&R pretty old school, with the big dropping back until the ball defender can recover.
Spoiler:

This year we're aggressively hard hedging. The amount of space & challenge the ballhandler is getting is very different.
Spoiler:

Changing the scheme is fine, whether or not our players can produce any results w the new scheme is yet to be seen. But it's nice to see we're trying something different since our defense hasn't been good since Hoiberg was coaching (never thought you'd hear that phrase).

I've yet to see any evidence Carter can succesfully hard hedge that far. His strength as a defender is holding his ground (and to a lesser extent, rim protection), not moving his feet out beyond the perimeter.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#76 » by sco » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:40 pm

ZOMG wrote:
kodo wrote:The defensive scheme has definitely changed this year so we'll see how it works out.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've yet to see any evidence Carter can succesfully hard hedge that far. His strength as a defender is holding his ground (and to a lesser extent, rim protection), not moving his feet out beyond the perimeter.

Yeah, I am curious about WCJ's defensive range too.

That said, I am still a believer that a few, if any, are NBA players able to give you 30 minutes where they play truly hard on both ends. IMO, the best defenses have an elite rim protector and an elite perimeter defender, with 2 other guys who are slightly above average defenders, with the last guy being an elite offensive player who you can cover for.
:clap:
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,384

Post#77 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:49 pm

This should be a win. Hornets should be thinking about ping pong balls after 82 games.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#78 » by samwana » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Only a few hours left... Even though I'll watch the replay tomorrow.. Have fun!

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#79 » by Indomitable » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:20 pm

samwana wrote:Only a few hours left... Even though I'll watch the replay tomorrow.. Have fun!

Bulls play tomorrow not tonight.
:banghead:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#80 » by madvillian » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Indomitable wrote:
samwana wrote:Only a few hours left... Even though I'll watch the replay tomorrow.. Have fun!

Bulls play tomorrow not tonight.

I wish they played tonight. Gotta watch the damn lakers.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls