Image ImageImage Image

Game 1 GT, Bulls @ Hornets, 23 Oct 2019, 6PM CDT, NBC SCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Re: Game 1 GT, Bulls @ Hornets, 23 Oct 2019, 6PM CDT, NBC SCH 

Post#41 » by sco » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:50 am

Showtime23 wrote:
Clocian wrote:Isn't otto 26? Why do load management like he's 32+? I'm aware he's had injuries in the past but still...

Which is exactly why I dont want him long term. He's had lingering injuries from the past and is not a long term (5+ yrs) replacement.
Now if hes willing to accept Curry like discount and sign 4/80, he can retire as a Bull but paying more is risky.
Very likely he demands 4 yr 100-120mil in a very weak FA class and he will opt out if he doesnt get his money bag.
Going after healthy younger guys like Brown is the clear answer if you can sign them for 20-25 per yr.
Another alternative is get a vastly cheaper option like a Covington, Crowder who can produce 75% at a fraction of the cost.

That is a benefit of the season. 30 minutes a night and some nights off...if he shows he can't handle that workload, he's not worth resigning - plus we'll see what kind of production he brings.
:clap:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#42 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:02 am

My Hornets are going to get crushed. I won't be all that surprised if your Bulls make it to the playoffs this season. You have a much better team than the Hawks.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:56 am

I have no problem with precautionary rest for Porter. As long as he plays 70+ games that's fine. The only thing they makes this scary is our complete lack of depth at SF. Hopefully sign another 6'6" or taller wing and give Sato some spot minutes at SF. And I would resign Porter for anything around $20 million. He should be in his prime through his next contract so no real worries there.
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#44 » by bulls_troy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:06 am

Wait, they are going to manage and rest Otto? He's 26 years old.... unless he (or anyone) have niggling injuries, then no one should be getting their minutes managed or rested
Twitter: @bulls_troy
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#45 » by Axolotl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:40 am

AirLaVine8 wrote:Wait, they are going to manage and rest Otto? He's 26 years old.... unless he (or anyone) have niggling injuries, then no one should be getting their minutes managed or rested

From what I've gathered, Otto's hip has been bothering him for years.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
NWIBullsFan
Junior
And1: 247

Post#46 » by NWIBullsFan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:50 am

Axolotl wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:Wait, they are going to manage and rest Otto? He's 26 years old.... unless he (or anyone) have niggling injuries, then no one should be getting their minutes managed or rested

I don't understand all the "Otto is injury-prone" talk.

Before last season, he had played in 74, 75, 77 and 80 games over the previous 4 seasons... meaning he missed 22 games over 4 seasons.

I see no way possible that an "injury-prone" player plays that many games.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#47 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:46 pm

No reason the bulls shouldnt start out the year 4-1, even with 4 of the first 5 games on the road. Hoping for a worst case 6-4 start, but 7-3 would be great.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#48 » by ZOMG » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:08 pm

NWIBullsFan wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

I don't understand all the "Otto is injury-prone" talk.

Before last season, he had played in 74, 75, 77 and 80 games over the previous 4 seasons... meaning he missed 22 games over 4 seasons.

I see no way possible that an "injury-prone" player plays that many games.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2018/01/08/after-otto-porter-jr-sits-due-to-pain-wizards-carefully-managing-recurring-issue/
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,599

Post#49 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 pm

LofJ wrote:My Hornets are going to get crushed. I won't be all that surprised if your Bulls make it to the playoffs this season. You have a much better team than the Hawks.

Your team deeply unimpresses me. On the other hand, they won 22 of their final 31 games last year, acccording to the TV crew (I confess to not having looked that up), which is pretty formidable. Even with the downgrade of Rozier for Kemba, that suggests that the Hornets are better than I think they are.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#50 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Figured I'd post this in here too since we previewed the season opener in this weeks episode.

Bulls Gold - Episode 58: 

With just a few days remaining until the season opener, Spencer Percy of the Buzz Beat Podcast joined us to preview the Bulls-Hornets matchup and tell us what the Bulls can expect to see from a young Hornets team. 

iTunes: https://t.co/GSAoqbMIzi

Spotify: https://t.co/tpun9vF8dd
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#51 » by rtblues » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

About the Vegas betting line being CHA -1, thanks for this info, I think I will take that bet.
I'll take CHI +1 in a game they seem sure to win. That CHA lineup is crap.

Surprised nobody posted a "Trap Game!" post yet... ;-)
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,599

Post#52 » by Ice Man » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:05 pm

rtblues wrote:Surprised nobody posted a "Trap Game!" post yet... ;-)

It's pretty difficult to trap a 22-win team on its season opener.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#53 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Ice Man wrote:
LofJ wrote:My Hornets are going to get crushed. I won't be all that surprised if your Bulls make it to the playoffs this season. You have a much better team than the Hawks.

Your team deeply unimpresses me. On the other hand, they won 22 of their final 31 games last year, acccording to the TV crew (I confess to not having looked that up), which is pretty formidable. Even with the downgrade of Rozier for Kemba, that suggests that the Hornets are better than I think they are.

They are deeply unimpressive. We've assembled the deepest collection of mediocre role players I've ever seen. The only players on the team that have a chance to be above average starters one day are PJ Washington and Malik Monk, and the chances of Monk ever becoming that are decreasing by the day. It's going to be a tough few years for Hornets fans.

That said Rozier and Zeller are underrated, if they're both playing the team will still be bad, but it won't be a complete trash fire.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#54 » by wonderboy2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:23 pm

LofJ wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

They are deeply unimpressive. We've assembled the deepest collection of mediocre role players I've ever seen. The only players on the team that have a chance to be above average starters one day are PJ Washington and Malik Monk, and the chances of Monk ever becoming that are decreasing by the day. It's going to be a tough few years for Hornets fans.

That said Rozier and Zeller are underrated, if they're both playing the team will still be bad, but it won't be a complete trash fire.

I think you are being alittle to hard on your team. Don’t you guys have Miles Bridges from Michigan st and Dwyane Bacon. I also thought I saw that Batum is on the team. That should be a nice young team with Rozier, Bacon, Bridges, Monk.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,010

Post#55 » by Peelboy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Zach: 30
Lauri: 25
Otto: 18
Wendell: 13 (15 boards)
Sato: 6
Coby: 18
Rest of bench: 22

Bulls 132: Hornets 108. 8-)
LofJ
RealGM

Post#56 » by LofJ » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:48 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:
LofJ wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

I think you are being alittle to hard on your team. Don’t you guys have Miles Bridges from Michigan st and Dwyane Bacon. I also thought I saw that Batum is on the team. That should be a nice young team with Rozier, Bacon, Bridges, Monk.

Bridges will be a good role player and have a long career, but he's nothing special. And I really dislike Bacon's game, he's a shot hunter that lacks the skill to get to the rim and he's a below average defender. Batum...hahaha, the city of Charlotte is going to throw a parade when he's no longer a Hornet. All that said I actually like Rozier, he Monk and Washington should hopefully at least make the team watchable.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#57 » by drosereturn » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:05 pm

I think this game will tell if the Bulls are playoff team. Also Hawks have better overall talent and will crush the Bulls in a few yrs. Young, Collins, Hunter, Reddish are all locked rookie scale that can be all stars. Meanwhile half of our roster are injury prone waiting to get maxed.
Also do not sleep on Bridges. I went to MSU game and he had that same RW vibe smashing my garbage Illini team. I would trade a lot for him.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#58 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Bulls segment of ESPN's 2019-20 NBA Predictions...

24. Chicago Bulls

2018-19 record: 22-60

2020 title odds: +20000

Chicago Bulls projections

ESPN Forecast- 32-50
BPI- 32-50
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT- 36-46
VEGAS- 33.5 wins

A full year of head coach Jim Boylen, who signed a contract extension in May, will be fascinating to watch. One thing is for sure: Boylen will hold guys accountable. Some players in the past weren't able to adjust to his demands, but now it seems as though everyone is adapting, especially the younger guys.

What they did this summer
After a record-setting one-and-done season at the University of North Carolina, scoring guard Coby White landed with the Bulls at No. 7. Chicago also added free agent Thaddeus Young and traded for Tomas Satoransky, who is projected to thrive as the lead guard in Boylen's system. The former Wizards second-round pick is entering a new role with extended minutes after coming off a career-best season in Washington with averages of 8.9 points, 5.0 assists and 3.5 rebounds on 48.5% shooting.

Best-case scenario (40-42) and how they get there
Chicago is a trendy pick to surprise in the East, but going from 22 wins to the postseason won't be easy -- even in a watered-down East. Seeing immediate development in White, plus more established players such as Zach LaVine, Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter Jr. taking their games to the new heights, might be the Bulls' only path to 40 or more wins.

One big question: Was extending Boylen the right move?
The hard-nosed coaching tactics of Boylen weren't well-received when he took over as head coach following the firing of Fred Hoiberg. But after agreeing to a multi-year extension, Boylen is the man for the job and players are getting used to his style as he tries to bring Chicago back to relevance. Whether or not players truly buy into his system will shape the identity of this season.

-- Eric Woodyard

all teams here..

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27844219/nba-preview-2019-rankings-projections-big-questions-all-30-teams#chi
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Post#59 » by PaKii94 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Bulls segment of ESPN's 2019-20 NBA Predictions...

24. Chicago Bulls

2018-19 record: 22-60

2020 title odds: +20000

Chicago Bulls projections

ESPN Forecast- 32-50
BPI- 32-50
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT- 36-46
VEGAS- 33.5 wins

A full year of head coach Jim Boylen, who signed a contract extension in May, will be fascinating to watch. One thing is for sure: Boylen will hold guys accountable. Some players in the past weren't able to adjust to his demands, but now it seems as though everyone is adapting, especially the younger guys.

What they did this summer
After a record-setting one-and-done season at the University of North Carolina, scoring guard Coby White landed with the Bulls at No. 7. Chicago also added free agent Thaddeus Young and traded for Tomas Satoransky, who is projected to thrive as the lead guard in Boylen's system. The former Wizards second-round pick is entering a new role with extended minutes after coming off a career-best season in Washington with averages of 8.9 points, 5.0 assists and 3.5 rebounds on 48.5% shooting.

Best-case scenario (40-42) and how they get there
Chicago is a trendy pick to surprise in the East, but going from 22 wins to the postseason won't be easy -- even in a watered-down East. Seeing immediate development in White, plus more established players such as Zach LaVine, Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter Jr. taking their games to the new heights, might be the Bulls' only path to 40 or more wins.

One big question: Was extending Boylen the right move?
The hard-nosed coaching tactics of Boylen weren't well-received when he took over as head coach following the firing of Fred Hoiberg. But after agreeing to a multi-year extension, Boylen is the man for the job and players are getting used to his style as he tries to bring Chicago back to relevance. Whether or not players truly buy into his system will shape the identity of this season.

-- Eric Woodyard

all teams here..

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27844219/nba-preview-2019-rankings-projections-big-questions-all-30-teams#chi

No mention of Kornet :P
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#60 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm

If we dont win 40 games this year, I will be disappointed.

Return to Chicago Bulls