Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1441 » by sco » Sat May 2, 2020 3:50 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-teams-watching-victor-oladipo-145635896.html

Saw this...I still want to try trading one of Otto, WCJ or Markkanen plus filler for Turner.
:clap:
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1442 » by Bulldog23 » Wed May 6, 2020 2:29 am

Playing off Eversly and possibly moving one of Embid and Simmons. Bulls trade Lavine, Carter, and Sato for Embid, Mytse, 1st round pick and both second round picks.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#1443 » by Dez » Wed May 6, 2020 2:41 am

Bulldog23 wrote:Playing off Eversly and possibly moving one of Embid and Simmons. Bulls trade Lavine, Carter, and Sato for Embid, Mytse, 1st round pick and both second round picks.

Elton Brand wouldn't be long for this world if he accepted that.

Philly wouldn't trade Embiid alone for that let alone adding Thybulle, a 1st and two 2nd round picks.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#1444 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 6, 2020 6:24 pm

Conley, Ingles, FRP #24, 2022 FRP top-15 protected for Otto, Thad, Sato, Lauri

Could pay-off big for Utah. If healthy, these guys would basically address every need Utah has.

For us, trims bit of cap for 2021 when Conley's $35m comes off. Removes the decision of offering Lauri/Otto extensions, along with the partially guaranteed '22 salaries for Thad/Sato.

Conley mentors Coby for a year, maybe has some positive influence on Zach. Ingles is a better fit than Sato, about the same cost.

Leaves just about enough money to offer Giannis and Davis a max each.

Draft 3D wing projects, or consolidate the assets for a veteran wing trade (WCJ, Ingles, three FRPs). You can also get more ambitious and involve Zach to offer for a star wing, if one happens to become available (Tatum, Simmons, George, Durant, maybe even Harden), unhappy with their situation. The NBA changes a lot each year now. Now that we seem to have a way more likable FO, I'm all aboard the ambitious FA plans.

Your 2022 Bulls pre-adjustments:

Coby-Zach-Giannis-Davis-Carter
bench: Ingles, Gafford, draft picks

Dream high folks. :lol:
sco
RealGM

Post#1445 » by sco » Fri May 8, 2020 11:33 am

MrSparkle wrote:Conley, Ingles, FRP #24, 2022 FRP top-15 protected for Otto, Thad, Sato, Lauri

Could pay-off big for Utah. If healthy, these guys would basically address every need Utah has.

For us, trims bit of cap for 2021 when Conley's $35m comes off. Removes the decision of offering Lauri/Otto extensions, along with the partially guaranteed '22 salaries for Thad/Sato.

Conley mentors Coby for a year, maybe has some positive influence on Zach. Ingles is a better fit than Sato, about the same cost.

Draft 3D wing projects, or consolidate the assets for a veteran wing trade (WCJ, Ingles, three FRPs). You can also get more ambitious and involve Zach to offer for a star wing, if one happens to become available (Tatum, Simmons, George, Durant, maybe even Harden), unhappy with their situation. The NBA changes a lot each year now. Now that we seem to have a way more likable FO, I'm all aboard the ambitious FA plans.

Dream high folks. :lol:

Value-wise it seem fair, but Conley is too old to help us and #24 and #15+ next season aren't likely to be even starting-level talents.

If I'm trading Otto and Lauri, I'd want a proven, young, better starting forward in return.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#1446 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri May 8, 2020 3:10 pm

A lot of people like Lauri's fit on the Pelicans. What about 13, 39, and NAW for Lauri and 47? Assuming Obi is available at 7, then the Bulls can get another good potential wing next to NAW like Okoro, or even Killian Hayes, Josh Green, or RJ Hampton, depending on who you like and who is available

White, Sato
Lavine, NAW
OPJ, Okoro
Obi, WCJ
WCJ, Gafford
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
sco
RealGM

Post#1447 » by sco » Fri May 8, 2020 5:47 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:A lot of people like Lauri's fit on the Pelicans. What about 13, 39, and NAW for Lauri and 47? Assuming Obi is available at 7, then the Bulls can get another good potential wing next to NAW like Okoro, or even Killian Hayes, Josh Green, or RJ Hampton, depending on who you like and who is available

White, Sato
Lavine, NAW
OPJ, Okoro
Obi, WCJ
WCJ, Gafford

I'd do that deal, mainly because I'm high on NAW. I'm not so hi on Obi, but I'll take the BPA, if that's him, so be it. Also, we still have Young and could start him. I have no confidence in playing WCJ at PF, but would give it a try. Also, I think you could try sliding Otto to the PF spot and starting Hutch.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#1448 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri May 8, 2020 6:34 pm

sco wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:A lot of people like Lauri's fit on the Pelicans. What about 13, 39, and NAW for Lauri and 47? Assuming Obi is available at 7, then the Bulls can get another good potential wing next to NAW like Okoro, or even Killian Hayes, Josh Green, or RJ Hampton, depending on who you like and who is available

White, Sato
Lavine, NAW
OPJ, Okoro
Obi, WCJ
WCJ, Gafford

I'd do that deal, mainly because I'm high on NAW. I'm not so hi on Obi, but I'll take the BPA, if that's him, so be it. Also, we still have Young and could start him. I have no confidence in playing WCJ at PF, but would give it a try. Also, I think you could try sliding Otto to the PF spot and starting Hutch.

Oops I forgot about Young, he should be at the 4. But I don’t think Hutch is an NBA level player, so we’ll have to disagree on that. :o
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1449 » by StunnerKO » Sat May 9, 2020 6:16 pm

Hutch shows potential when he strings games together of late his main problem is injuries getting in his way but he has shown some role playing skill sets from defense to attacking the basket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sco
RealGM

Post#1450 » by sco » Sat May 9, 2020 6:23 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Hutch shows potential when he strings games together of late his main problem is injuries getting in his way but he has shown some role playing skill sets from defense to attacking the basket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like what I see from Hutch, but that shoulder has me a bit concerned about it being chronic. Given his situation, he's likely not worth much in trade...happy to give him next season to earn his role.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,357

Post#1451 » by pipfan » Sat May 9, 2020 7:19 pm

Perfect spot for Hutch next year, assuming Porter is healthy. He gets back up minutes, can play some with Porter in small ball and we should have a better coach. He could be a surprise-if the guy can ever learn to catch and shoot he would be a starting 3 man and make $100 million in his career
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Post#1452 » by Kazuya10 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:20 am

MrSparkle wrote:Conley, Ingles, FRP #24, 2022 FRP top-15 protected for Otto, Thad, Sato, Lauri

Dream high folks.
You sir are my hero and my pick for exec of the year! If this happened I would literally have my 6'1 240 pound with a shot knee doing multiple back flips.

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#1453 » by youngthegiant » Mon May 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Back again.

Gary Harris, Monte Morris, Bol Bol, Rockets 2020 1st, Denver 2022 1st(unprotected), Denver 2024 Pick swap

for

Zach Lavine
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1454 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Back again.

Gary Harris, Monte Morris, Bol Bol, Rockets 2020 1st, Denver 2022 1st(unprotected), Denver 2024 Pick swap

for

Zach Lavine

Yep, I'd do it.
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Post#1455 » by Kazuya10 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:06 pm

GimmeDat wrote:

for

Zach Lavine

Yep, I'd do it.
I don't know... Harris had a real down year.

Lavine is the better scorer while you can make a case for Harris being a more complete player.

Bol bol is a project in every sense of the word and has no value to me right now

Morris is what, a slight upgrade on RyanA?

Both those picks wouldn't be that appealing as they would be in the back end of the draft.

I would be more inclined to offer Lavine, Sato or Young and a 2nd for Harris, an undesirable contract (I don't know Denver's situation) Morris, Porter and the 22 1st

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1456 » by GimmeDat » Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 am

Kazuya10 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

for

Zach Lavine

Yep, I'd do it.

Lavine is the better scorer while you can make a case for Harris being a more complete player.

Bol bol is a project in every sense of the word and has no value to me right now

Both those picks wouldn't be that appealing as they would be in the back end of the draft.

I would be more inclined to offer Lavine, Sato or Young and a 2nd for Harris, an undesirable contract (I don't know Denver's situation) Morris, Porter and the 22 1st

I think it's was pretty clearly just a down year for Harris. I listened to a podcast recently with a Denver beat writer on it, and I can't remember what reasons he used, but he made a pretty good case for why he didn't shoot it well this season.

Morris is a pretty substantial upgrade on Arci. He's been an extremely good backup PG for the Nugs, scores on a considerably higher volume, and a lot more efficiently.

Bol doesn't sway the deal a ton, but he's a nice flier with a heap of upside, definitely sweetens the deal somewhat.

But the bulk of the value imo comes from the extra picks. Any 2021 pick is valuable, and yes, I know with Houston it's likely a 20-30 one, but then also an unprotected 2022 pick on top of that (again, unlikely to be lottery, but a strong draft) and another future pick swap down the line, all those combined add considerable value imo, that is greater than the potential dropoff from Lavine to Harris.

I'd obviously love to get Porter as well, but I don't think that's on the cards.
sco
RealGM

Post#1457 » by sco » Tue May 12, 2020 11:36 am

GimmeDat wrote:
Kazuya10 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
Yep, I'd do it.

I think it's was pretty clearly just a down year for Harris. I listened to a podcast recently with a Denver beat writer on it, and I can't remember what reasons he used, but he made a pretty good case for why he didn't shoot it well this season.

Morris is a pretty substantial upgrade on Arci. He's been an extremely good backup PG for the Nugs, scores on a considerably higher volume, and a lot more efficiently.

Bol doesn't sway the deal a ton, but he's a nice flier with a heap of upside, definitely sweetens the deal somewhat.

But the bulk of the value imo comes from the extra picks. Any 2021 pick is valuable, and yes, I know with Houston it's likely a 20-30 one, but then also an unprotected 2022 pick on top of that (again, unlikely to be lottery, but a strong draft) and another future pick swap down the line, all those combined add considerable value imo, that is greater than the potential dropoff from Lavine to Harris.

I'd obviously love to get Porter as well, but I don't think that's on the cards.

I might do that deal. I think I'd look to try to get Porter into the deal for Barton or MPJ (plus filler).
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1458 » by gobullschi » Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 pm

CHICAGO BULLS RECEIVE:
Aaron Gordon & #15

ORLANDO MAGIC RECEIVE:
Otto Porter Jr. & #7

Denver was rumored to be interested in Gordon (Arturas). Aaron Gordon (24) hasn’t developed into the player Orlando envisioned when selecting him 4th overall, but he has the point forward skills needed with a Coby White/Zach LaVine backcourt. Otto Porter can’t stay healthy and will need a new contract the following season.

Orlando desperately needs three point shooting which Otto can solve. They also jump up in the draft for a guard to add to their backcourt.

Coby White / #15 [RJ Hampton or Theo Maledon]
Zach LaVine / Tomas Satoransky
Aaron Gordon / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#1459 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 am

gobullschi wrote:CHICAGO BULLS RECEIVE:
Aaron Gordon & #15

ORLANDO MAGIC RECEIVE:
Otto Porter Jr. & #7

Denver was rumored to be interested in Gordon (Arturas). Aaron Gordon (24) hasn’t developed into the player Orlando envisioned when selecting him 4th overall, but he has the point forward skills needed with a Coby White/Zach LaVine backcourt. Otto Porter can’t stay healthy and will need a new contract the following season.

Orlando desperately needs three point shooting which Otto can solve. They also jump up in the draft for a guard to add to their backcourt.

Coby White / #15 [RJ Hampton or Theo Maledon]
Zach LaVine / Tomas Satoransky
Aaron Gordon / Chandler Hutchison
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford

It's pretty insane the Magic had the fourth highest payroll in the league. I like Orlando as a trade partner, but Gordon at the three is a miss for me. I'd probably try to send them Markkanen, Young, Kornett, and a first round pick swap for Gordon and Bamba. If Carter fancies himself a power forward, let him beat out Gordon for the starting role.
ROLES & HOLES
Ayman78
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1460 » by Ayman78 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:33 am

If the Bulls were to obtain the number one overall pick in this year's lottery do you trade it for Ben Simmons along with probably Coby White and 2nd round picks for the next two seasons and cap filler with Satoranský and Young?

The advantages for the 76ers they get a true point Guard with equal passing abilities and a willingness to shoot on a much cheaper deal and several complementary pieces in Young and Sato. A shot creating perineal six man of the year and 2 prospects in two very deep drafts with HS players and college players available for drafting.

The Bulls get a chance to have a to 10 player in the league on their team to build around. Simmons with shooting around him at all the other 4 positions would be insane and a bonafide playmaker and bucket getter just nasty.
PG: Simmons
SG: Lavine
SF: Porter
PF: Markkanen
C: Carter/Gafford

And if you really got creative the Jazz might do a Carter, Hutchison and filler for Gobbert. It's a long shot, but not impossible. Simmons at the 1 and Gobbert to anchor the defense the Bulls become a to 5 team in the East with bench construction being the key element for a legitimate title run.

Return to Chicago Bulls