Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#1541 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:33 pm

Stars either have a high BBIQ or extraordinary physical gifts... Superstars have both.

I see a lot of high IQ players in this draft. That makes me happy.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#1542 » by CoreyVillains » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:57 pm

I just finished watching my Okoro tape. I think he’s fine. He has an ok handle, pretty good and underrated passer, good strong defender. The shot needs a lot of work. A lot. Right now he’s a defense only guy. I think some of the fun things he flashed in college, like his p&r ball handling, will be mitigated at the next level. He’s gonna be a transition scorer who can attack a close out and play good defense kinda guy without a consistent deep ball. Not sure how high you should draft that kind of player. While there are differences (Okoro a better half court finisher/Green a better shooter), not a whole lot separates him from Josh Green to me.

Read on Twitter
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1543 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:32 am

Been doing nothing but watching game film for the last week, and Kira Lewis has shot up my board. Kid might be one of the only players with star potential. I have him ahead of Haliburton currently. So in order my board is:

Hayes
Ball
Lewis Jr.
Vassell
Haliburton
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#1544 » by Andi Obst » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:28 am

I should probably watch more Kira tape. You guys seem to love him.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#1545 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu Jul 2, 2020 6:38 am

Second Round Sleeper: Derrick Alston

Does anyone know this kid's age?

ROLES & HOLES
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#1546 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 9:12 am

Little Nathan wrote:I should probably watch more Kira tape. You guys seem to love him.

Doesn't have the bounce of Fox, but his speed, shiftiness and effortless way he finishes at the basket is very reminiscent. Definitely not pass first, but I don't see anyway he'll be able to be kept out the paint at the next level. If he was a couple inches taller he'd be in talks as a top 5 pick.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#1547 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 9:17 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:Second Round Sleeper: Derrick Alston

Does anyone know this kid's age?

If I'm not mistaken, he may have recently turned 21. He's intriguing and as a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't hate it, but his efficiency fell off a cliff when Jessup left and he had to take on a bigger offensive role. I also don't know if I buy him as a guard at the next level. Thinking he'd really have to bulk up and man the 2 forward spots. Plus I'm not over the top on Boise prospects for obvious reasons.

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1548 » by Andi Obst » Thu Jul 2, 2020 11:10 am

Jvaughn wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:I should probably watch more Kira tape. You guys seem to love him.

Doesn't have the bounce of Fox, but his speed, shiftiness and effortless way he finishes at the basket is very reminiscent. Definitely not pass first, but I don't see anyway he'll be able to be kept out the paint at the next level. If he was a couple inches taller he'd be in talks as a top 5 pick.

I didn't watch him that much until now, but I have some concerns about his finishing on the NBA level. The low release point on his layups is definitely something that needs to be improved IMO. It's just an open invitation for chasedown blocks. His speed is amazing, though. Certainly a very interesting prospect and I'm going to watch more of him.

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1549 » by Andi Obst » Thu Jul 2, 2020 11:11 am

BTW, how are you guys feeling about Cole Anthony? Haven't seen much talk about him around here.

Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#1550 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:54 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

I didn't watch him that much until now, but I have some concerns about his finishing on the NBA level. The low release point on his layups is definitely something that needs to be improved IMO. It's just an open invitation for chasedown blocks. His speed is amazing, though. Certainly a very interesting prospect and I'm going to watch more of him.

That is definitely one of the largest area of concern. He improved his efficiency on larger volume by being more creative with his finishes, but he still tends to avoid contact and finishes well below the rim. It works now because he is so quick, but he's definitely going to have his work cut out for him at the next level.

Also what I found weird, and I'm going to have to go back and rewatch some freshman year tape to confirm, but it looks like he changed his launch positioning on his layups. Super strange, but it seems like he's taking off a step earlier on his finishes to get the shot off before the defense can react. Seems like it was by design to avoid the contact, but it's why it seems like he's gliding into every layup.

Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#1551 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:55 pm

Little Nathan wrote:BTW, how are you guys feeling about Cole Anthony? Haven't seen much talk about him around here.

I was big on him before this season, but his efficiency this year really scares me. I get that UNC was terrible and he didn't have much help, but he really seemed like a chucker. I don't see any scenario where's he's BPA for us, but if he was I'd trade down.

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1552 » by StunnerKO » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:21 pm

https://youtu.be/m4Yu8h9jl1w

https://youtu.be/b-bG4LDfqgY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1553 » by Andi Obst » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:31 pm

Jvaughn wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:BTW, how are you guys feeling about Cole Anthony? Haven't seen much talk about him around here.

I was big on him before this season, but his efficiency this year really scares me. I get that UNC was terrible and he didn't have much help, but he really seemed like a chucker. I don't see any scenario where's he's BPA for us, but if he was I'd trade down.

Interesting. I believe in his shot and think he'll actually be better on the next level, but I also can't really decide where to put him. He had so many really bad moments, it's hard to ignore. But I do believe the upside is there.

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,982

Post#1554 » by Chi town » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:45 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:I just finished watching my Okoro tape. I think he’s fine. He has an ok handle, pretty good and underrated passer, good strong defender. The shot needs a lot of work. A lot. Right now he’s a defense only guy. I think some of the fun things he flashed in college, like his p&r ball handling, will be mitigated at the next level. He’s gonna be a transition scorer who can attack a close out and play good defense kinda guy without a consistent deep ball. Not sure how high you should draft that kind of player. While there are differences (Okoro a better half court finisher/Green a better shooter), not a whole lot separates him from Josh Green to me.

Read on Twitter

I mostly agree. His shot seems to be about where Hutch’s was even though Hutch had a better percentage.

What I see in that video is a guy that’s ready to shoot when the ball comes and doesn’t hesitate. He also knows how to get open and he has solid footwork stepping into the shot as well as quick two feet catch and shoot.

I think Okoro has a strong IQ on offense I’m knowing where to be when and he is a really good passer. His IQ on D is even higher.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,857

Post#1555 » by Dresden » Thu Jul 2, 2020 5:51 pm

I see a little bit of Jimmy Butler in Okoro. He is a smart player, he moves well without the ball, he's tenacious, he's about winning. He contributed a lot as a freshman, on a good team, despite not being a great shooter. He's also athletic and strong, and he'll be a versatile defender who can guard at least 3 positions. I think those types of players tend to do well in the nba. His shot doesn't look broken either.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach

Post#1556 » by CoreyVillains » Thu Jul 2, 2020 9:19 pm

Here ya go!

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1557 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:05 am

CoreyVillains wrote:Here ya go!

Come on, as a subscriber I obviously watched that already. Gotta support the Bulls board content creators!

CoreyVillains
Head Coach

Post#1558 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:47 am

Little Nathan wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:Here ya go!

Come on, as a subscriber I obviously watched that already. Gotta support the Bulls board content creators!

My man :wordyo:
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1559 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:21 pm

Lewis is interesting. Don't know about the long term fit though.

Then again, also take BPA.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach

Post#1560 » by CoreyVillains » Sat Jul 4, 2020 5:42 pm

Deni Avdija is now 10/21 from deep since returning to action. Don’t think he’ll be available to us unless we move up.

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls