Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#21 » by RememberLu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Can we keep the Ball family as far away from this team as possible? No thank you.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#22 » by Wingy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:15 pm

The Explorer wrote:While we are at it, here is the next bulls head coach - Iowa state's Steve Prohm

Good guess, but we’re bringing Hoiberg back for another shot. We now have the personnel to play the vaunted Hoiball.

5yrs/$50 million this time.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Post#23 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 pm

GimmeDat wrote:This is a PG heavy lottery this year, and with Sato contributing so little so far (I am expecting him to pick it up, maybe it's a role/usage thing as well, but it's still appears clear that he's not a high level starter), I think it would make the most sense for us to go PG.

I would say that our other need is the wing, given Otto's health issues and upcoming contract uncertainty, plus the complete lack of depth there at the moment, though the choices for wings seems more scarce at this stage.

Obviously you take BPA, but just some things to keep in mind.

Draft twitter has Cole Anthony as #1. He's an absolute stud, and likely the best PG in the draft.

Anthony Edwards is my personal #1 - he's a wing but just has super upside tools. He's a guy that, if he has a good college season, might be someone you would consider as a 'can't miss' if you have the opportunity to draft him, needs thrown out the window.

Wiseman has been highly touted by the big outlets as the #1 big, but all of draft twitter is super low on him. With our bigs position as it is as well, he's not exactly high on my radar at his point.

LaMelo is an interesting one. I've watched all his games so far this season. He is an absolutely gifted passer, just beautiful to watch, and he's been doing it with minimal turnovers so far as well. Great PG size, an incredibly tight handle, speed, excellent rebounder - he's going really elevate his teams transition play in particular. However, he's shooting around 18% from 3 so far, and his defense kinda sucks at the moment (though he's got a good knack for steals). Those are 2 major flaws right now. But what skills he does have right now, you can't teach. High upside.

Beyond those guys, you have Avdija, really like his game, probably going to be more of a role player forward, but great feel/passing, Stewart is another good big and Makur Maker has applied to be in this draft as well which would add another strong big man.

RJ Hampton, Theo Maledon, Tyrese Maxey, Nicco Mannion, Killian Hayes, Tre Mann some of the other PG lottery names.

Wings - Scottie Lewis, Jaden McDaniels, Isaac Okoro, Jaden McDaniels some notable ones.

I have not watched LaMelo. Is he better than Lonzo or just more or less the same?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#24 » by GimmeDat » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:13 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:This is a PG heavy lottery this year, and with Sato contributing so little so far (I am expecting him to pick it up, maybe it's a role/usage thing as well, but it's still appears clear that he's not a high level starter), I think it would make the most sense for us to go PG.

I would say that our other need is the wing, given Otto's health issues and upcoming contract uncertainty, plus the complete lack of depth there at the moment, though the choices for wings seems more scarce at this stage.

Draft twitter has Cole Anthony as #1. He's an absolute stud, and likely the best PG in the draft.

Anthony Edwards is my personal #1 - he's a wing but just has super upside tools. He's a guy that, if he has a good college season, might be someone you would consider as a 'can't miss' if you have the opportunity to draft him, needs thrown out the window.

Wiseman has been highly touted by the big outlets as the #1 big, but all of draft twitter is super low on him. With our bigs position as it is as well, he's not exactly high on my radar at his point.

LaMelo is an interesting one. I've watched all his games so far this season. He is an absolutely gifted passer, just beautiful to watch, and he's been doing it with minimal turnovers so far as well. Great PG size, an incredibly tight handle, speed, excellent rebounder - he's going really elevate his teams transition play in particular. However, he's shooting around 18% from 3 so far, and his defense kinda sucks at the moment (though he's got a good knack for steals). Those are 2 major flaws right now. But what skills he does have right now, you can't teach. High upside.

Beyond those guys, you have Avdija, really like his game, probably going to be more of a role player forward, but great feel/passing, Stewart is another good big and Makur Maker has applied to be in this draft as well which would add another strong big man.

RJ Hampton, Theo Maledon, Tyrese Maxey, Nicco Mannion, Killian Hayes, Tre Mann some of the other PG lottery names.

Wings - Scottie Lewis, Jaden McDaniels, Isaac Okoro, Jaden McDaniels some notable ones.

I have not watched LaMelo. Is he better than Lonzo or just more or less the same?

They have the same insane feel for the game/passing ability. I think LaMelo has a much higher offensive upside because he has a tighter handle, an in-between/floater game, and is a better finisher at the rim. His shot, while the form still needs a lot of work, is much more adjustable than Lonzo's as well (LaMelo is shooting 18% or something over his first half dozen NBL games, not ideal). LaMelo's also a big time rebounder, will be a triple-double threat sort of guy I would say.

He has defensive tools with his size and he has a good knack of getting in the passing lanes, but just fundamentally he is way behind the pace and right now is a liability - obviously Lonzo is a stud defender so that's the big minus for LaMelo at the moment.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Post#25 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:55 am

GimmeDat wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

They have the same insane feel for the game/passing ability. I think LaMelo has a much higher offensive upside because he has a tighter handle, an in-between/floater game, and is a better finisher at the rim. His shot, while the form still needs a lot of work, is much more adjustable than Lonzo's as well (LaMelo is shooting 18% or something over his first half dozen NBL games, not ideal). LaMelo's also a big time rebounder, will be a triple-double threat sort of guy I would say.

He has defensive tools with his size and he has a good knack of getting in the passing lanes, but just fundamentally he is way behind the pace and right now is a liability - obviously Lonzo is a stud defender so that's the big minus for LaMelo at the moment.

Cool thanks for the recap!
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#26 » by CoreyVillains » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm planning on going ham with my draft analysis this year. Hopefully, not because the Bulls will be picking in the top 7 again, but just because I want to make dope content. My first impressions of Melo are that while his feel for the game, ball handling, and passing are super impressive, his shot is a very real worry that is getting overlooked by draft twitter. This is a shooters league and if he isn't a competent shooter than he is more of a top 10 guy than a top 3 guy.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#27 » by CoreyVillains » Sat Nov 2, 2019 6:50 pm

The twitter thread is my first full look at LaMelo Ball. My first impression is that he’s Jamal Crawford with a worse jumpshot but more willing a passer. Do with that information what you will lol.

Read on Twitter
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#28 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:39 am

I don't want any Big Ball baller on this team. Guaranteed bust with that distraction.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,758

Post#29 » by Jeffster81 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 7:46 am

This class does not feel good to follow. So to follow a terrible Bulls team through a terrible season, just to see a less then exciting draft? Blah.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#30 » by PlayerUp » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:24 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:This class does not feel good to follow.

Way too premature to say something like this. Even the best experts don't know how this draft class will shape out to be.
whodey
Starter
And1: 169

Post#31 » by whodey » Mon Nov 4, 2019 3:32 pm

PlayerUp wrote:

Way too premature to say something like this. Even the best experts don't know how this draft class will shape out to be.

Agree, Zion wasn’t even the #1 recruit by many recruiting websites last year.

But honestly, I’m so depressed that we’re barely over a week into the season and it’s come to this already. I had such high expectations. I even signed up for the league pass for the first time since we traded Rose to New York. That wasn’t the reason, just so much changed in my life that I couldn’t commit the time like I used to.
IamSam
Senior
And1: 218

Post#32 » by IamSam » Mon Nov 4, 2019 4:40 pm

Wow... I really hoped we would make it to Dec before such a thread became necessary but I get it. :banghead:
Bulls Employee
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#33 » by Bulls Employee » Mon Nov 4, 2019 4:45 pm

PlayerUp wrote:

Agree 100%.
None of us expected a kid from Murray State to be such a baller this time last year.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 885

Post#34 » by HearshotKDS » Mon Nov 4, 2019 5:08 pm

Would be a nice pick-me-up if the Bulls could have a NOP-esque lucky bounce of the lotto balls, finishing with a high pick despite winning 30 games. Like, a really nice "revive my interest in the franchise" pick-me-up.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#35 » by mtron32 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 5:53 pm

HearshotKDS wrote:Would be a nice pick-me-up if the Bulls could have a NOP-esque lucky bounce of the lotto balls, finishing with a high pick despite winning 30 games. Like, a really nice "revive my interest in the franchise" pick-me-up.

Pels lucked out to already have a superstar and THEN get Zion. That team actually looks solid even without Zion, good coach and front office plus draft luck. Bulls aren't so lucky :nonono:
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#36 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:06 pm

If we can get an elite point guard prospect from this draft, that goes a long way. Looking forward to college basketball this year. Remember there are always surprises.

Anybody have any sleepers?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#37 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:22 pm

Champions Classic tomorrow. Top 4 teams in the country play each other.

KU vs Duke
UK vs MSU late game

Interestingly, I’d say none of these teams has anybody considered an elite prospect.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,363

Post#38 » by HoopsterJones » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:31 pm

I will stop watching the Bulls altogether if they draft LaMelo Ball. No thanks.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#39 » by PlayerUp » Mon Nov 4, 2019 6:42 pm

VolumePoster wrote:Anybody have any sleepers?

This is a question to ask post NCAA season or post NBA Draft. There are technically no sleepers right now.

It's way too premature to predict anything right now. Within 4-6 weeks, we should have a better sense on who is a good fit for the Bulls.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#40 » by VolumePoster » Mon Nov 4, 2019 9:08 pm

PlayerUp wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:Anybody have any sleepers?

This is a question to ask post NCAA season or post NBA Draft. There are technically no sleepers right now.

It's way too premature to predict anything right now. Within 4-6 weeks, we should have a better sense on who is a good fit for the Bulls.

I was referencing sleepers for the NCAA season. Agreed on the other point.

Return to Chicago Bulls