Image ImageImage Image

2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread: Bulls pick #7 (probably) 

Post#321 » by 23-7 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:22 pm

MrSparkle wrote:This draft looks horrible. Any reason why the Bulls shouldn’t already be considering options like trading out or down in the draft (dangling pick swap in a trade)?

The “best” creator/passer projects to be an almost entirely parallel bust to his older brother. Injury prone, can’t shoot, low motor. The PGs are all projects.

I think the Warriors’ scouts come out with the best player in the draft, and the rest come out with the Benders, Bennetts, Ntilikinas and Culvers.

Problem is other teams know it’s weak too
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#322 » by sco » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:44 pm

I think the only time we make drafting mistakes is when we let need impact decisions.
:clap:
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,787

Post#323 » by Jcool0 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#324 » by samwana » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:00 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:This draft really sucks. I honestly am open toward trading this pick for a 2021 first rounder plus second rounders or trade down for more picks.

In my opinion, the best players from this draft will be from #10 -#20. There are a lot of bust potential from this weak draft.
I've never understood this logic, if you think players around 10-20 picks are going to be better than 1-10, why the heck do you take worse projected players first?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#325 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 pm

samwana wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:This draft really sucks. I honestly am open toward trading this pick for a 2021 first rounder plus second rounders or trade down for more picks.

In my opinion, the best players from this draft will be from #10 -#20. There are a lot of bust potential from this weak draft.
I've never understood this logic, if you think players around 10-20 picks are going to be better than 1-10, why the heck do you take worse projected players first?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

In that statement, it means that NBA physical tools from #1-20 are similar. In term of a player reaching his potential, there are various factors at played that are impossible to measure by #s alone unless you have your scouts digging through each player history in order to evaluate their inner drive, passion, support, and fit.

To properly evaluate these factors, you need a huge staff of scouts. Unfortunately, the Bulls have cut down on their ancillary support in order to maintain a status quo profit margin for the Reinsdorfs. It’s biting them in the butt now.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#326 » by scottyg » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:12 am

I really want the bulls to trade for Demar Derozan And move Coby white into the starting lineup just as a catch and shoot 3 guy and let Derozan run the offense on and with all 3 point shooters around him I think this offense would look much better

Bulls get -
- Demar Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter
- 2020 top 16 protected 1st rd pick

Or

- Tomas Satoransky
- Thad young
- And a 2nd rd pick

Thoughts ? In reality I would like to Aldridge too and bring Markannen off the bench

Trade # 2

Bulls get -
- Aldridge
- Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter
- Christiano felicio
- Tomas Satoransky
- Denzel Valentine
- Daniel Gafford
- 2020 lottery protected 1st rd draft pick
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#327 » by AKfanatic » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:44 pm

The last couple drafts I’ve been hoping for Morant and Luka before him. I’ve been wanting the Bulls to get a guy with decent size for their position that can run an offense and has the vision/game to be able to make things happen and hit teammates when they open things up for them.

So far I haven’t been very impressed with the collegiate guys, that will likely be at the top of next years draft, abilities to do these things. At this point, if the draft were today and the Bulls got their choice of prospects, I think I’d go with Lamelo. He’s obviously still got a ton of question marks and the Ball name isn’t a popular one, though I was in support of bringing in Lonzo, but i like his potential and fit better than anything I’ve been seeing...

LaMelo has shown some really nice qualities to his game. He’s got a great dribble, excellent vision, superb size, solid athleticism, and a shot that has the potential to be really good. He’s not really explosive and his shot needs work, mostly his release point, but he’s the guy I’d target right now at the top of the draft.

The Bulls desperately need a player that can truly run the point and get Carter, Lauri, Zach (off ball), and White (again, off ball) involved. A guy like Lamelo could do wonders. At his size, he’d be a good combo with White playing the undersized SG role at times and he’s got the type of game that could really help Wendell thrive on the offensive end.

If the Bulls get 1, I’m leaning Ball. If they don’t get 1, I’d look to package a player (White?) with their pick or package the pick and another 1st to get him.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#328 » by Dominator83 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:26 am

scottyg wrote:I really want the bulls to trade for Demar Derozan And move Coby white into the starting lineup just as a catch and shoot 3 guy and let Derozan run the offense on and with all 3 point shooters around him I think this offense would look much better

Bulls get -
- Demar Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter

Or

- Tomas Satoransky
- Thad young
- And a 2nd rd pick

Thoughts ? In reality I would like to Aldridge too and bring Markannen off the bench

Trade # 2

Bulls get -
- Aldridge
- Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter
- Christiano felicio
- Tomas Satoransky
- Denzel Valentine
- Daniel Gafford

Do we have photos of Popovich getting busy in a whore house or something? Because those are some God awful trades for the Spurs. We can make our pick UNprotected, and that still probably wouldn't get it done
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,213

Post#329 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Feb 2, 2020 7:02 pm

Dominater wrote:
scottyg wrote:I really want the bulls to trade for Demar Derozan And move Coby white into the starting lineup just as a catch and shoot 3 guy and let Derozan run the offense on and with all 3 point shooters around him I think this offense would look much better

Bulls get -
- Demar Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter

Or

- Tomas Satoransky
- Thad young
- And a 2nd rd pick

Trade # 2

Bulls get -
- Aldridge
- Derozan

Spurs get -
- Otto Porter
- Christiano felicio
- Tomas Satoransky
- Denzel Valentine
- Daniel Gafford

Do we have photos of Popovich getting busy in a whore house or something? Because those are some God awful trades for the Spurs. We can make our pick UNprotected, and that still probably wouldn't get it done

In fairness I think the Spurs want to dumb Demar instead of pay him. Aldridge is also not worth his contract anymore. Don’t think this is a good trade for anyone but I think Pops would take most anything he can get in trade.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#330 » by No-Man » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:33 pm

The dream pick for the Bulls if they end up where it seems like they will, late top10, is Nico Mannion, pretty easy if you ask me, the only other guy I'd consider would be Avdija

Cole is probably going earlier, plus he is very rough as a PG still
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#331 » by MrSparkle » Tue Feb 4, 2020 3:03 pm

I actually think Popovich will get the Spurs to resign DeRozan while soft rebuilding, unless a good deadline offer comes by. Not their style to dump all talent and tank.

They’ll have tons of cap in 2022 once LMA/Gay/Mills expire, enough for a max (even if DeRozan gets a max extension). I don’t think SAS will be a hot FA destination if their team completely sucks.

They don’t operate like the CHI Bulls, who seemingly can’t wait to dump all-stars if they don’t have a Rose/Lebron one-man act.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Post#332 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:27 am

Fischella wrote:The dream pick for the Bulls if they end up where it seems like they will, late top10, is Nico Mannion, pretty easy if you ask me, the only other guy I'd consider would be Avdija

Cole is probably going earlier, plus he is very rough as a PG still

Yep. A true PG could make this whole offense work. Problem is Nico won’t be able to do it all that well in year one.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#333 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:41 pm

Mannion pick would be dull as hell.

You can find a Mannion every year in free agency for a bit more than the MLE.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#334 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:49 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Mannion pick would be dull as hell.

Hahaha. What an awful take. Mannion is a pure PG that will be better than Lonzo and what we need more than anything since Pax decided to go all in on bigs that need to be setup in an era of wings that create.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#335 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:56 pm

Chi town wrote:

Hahaha. What an awful take. Mannion is a pure PG that will be better than Lonzo and what we need more than anything since Pax decided to go all in on bigs that need to be setup in an era of wings that create.

What we need more than anything is to abandon the idea of building the team to cater to the bigs we drafted too high.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#336 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:00 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Chi town wrote:

What we need more than anything is to abandon the idea of building the team to cater to the bigs we drafted too high.

That’s an option. Long shot though. We basically have to draft an elite wing at the end of the lottery. This gem would probably be young and take years to develop as well.

Or believe with a real PG to keep Lavine off ball and set our bigs up in the right spots that we maximize everyone’s abilities.

I’m all for trading this pick for a real nba player. If Nico is gone. Somewhat interested in Avidja.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#337 » by VolumePoster » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:08 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Well put. We need impact players. If we judge the best player at our spot to be Wiseman or Okongwu, we need to pick the best player. God know I'd rather we have taken Jaxson Hayes or Rui Hachimura over "filling" our need at point guard.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#338 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:12 pm

VolumePoster wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Well put. We need impact players. If we judge the best player at our spot to be Wiseman or Okongwu, we need to pick the best player. God know I'd rather we have taken Jaxson Hayes or Rui Hachimura over "filling" our need at point guard.

More complex than that. Had we drafted one of those guys how much would they have even played if we were healthy?

Would Coby have played better in lineups with Otto spacing the floor and moving the ball on a co fire to young team winning games?
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#339 » by MeloRoseNoah » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:32 pm

I personally think that Okongwu will be the best player in this draft.

If the Bulls is fortunate enough to jump top 3, I would consider drafting Okongwu even over LaMelo Ball.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#340 » by Nikola » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:25 pm

I'm really surprised Wiseman is not considered the clear cut number one pick. He clearly has all of the tools of a traditional center while mobile enough to run the floor and switch on defense a bit. His post up game needs work but I wouldn't say he is raw.

Return to Chicago Bulls