Image ImageImage Image

Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, Payt10, fleet, GimmeDat, kulaz3000, AshyLarrysDiaper, RedBulls23, Tommy Udo 6

SimonFish
General Manager
Posts: 7,700
And1: 1,840
Joined: Jan 09, 2007
   

Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#1 » by SimonFish » Mon Jan 6, 2020 4:48 am

So apparently Derrick has revived his career in Detroit, posting solid numbers (and per 36 numbers on par with his MVP year). He still can't really shoot the 3 though, at a below average 31.5% this season (vs the 37% he shot last season at the Wolves).

Nevertheless, I imagine that he would form an electric backcourt with Lavine, and can help relieve Lavine's responsibility at clutch time.

I'd imagine Detroit would like some picks in return (as they should be looking for a rebuild), but I am not sure we would trade a first rounder.

Anyway, this is what I have in mind:
Dunn + Valentine + a couple of second round picks for Rose
(Both Dunn and Valentine are expiring and could be due for a payrise and let's trade Dunn while his value is high; Detroit could use both guys, one for perimeter defense, one for shooting)

Our team post-trade:
Rose / Arci
Lavine / Coby / Shaq
OPJ / Sato / Hutch
Lauri / Thad / Kornet
WCJ / Gafford / Felicio
(Note: Sato / Thad / Shaq will share SF duties while OPJ and Hutch are still out.)

Thoughts?
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,927
And1: 19,573
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 6, 2020 5:01 am

I think Dunn + Valentine probably gets it done. If they're trading him to Chicago, it's more about doing him a favor, and Dunn would be a decent return for their rebuilding efforts.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
User avatar
Dominater
RealGM
Posts: 15,693
And1: 22,692
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Location: NBA Hell

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#3 » by Dominater » Mon Jan 6, 2020 6:36 am

Porter and WCJ for Drummond and Rose. Get er done Gar
Didn't like the Coby White pick. Preferred Rui. Now go out and make me look stupid Coby!
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,519
And1: 6,144
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#4 » by Dez » Mon Jan 6, 2020 6:47 am

Dominater wrote:Porter and WCJ for Drummond and Rose. Get er done Gar


F*** no.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,353
And1: 4,705
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#5 » by Little Nathan » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:34 am

Dominater wrote:Porter and WCJ for Drummond and Rose. Get er done Gar

Sure, let's just give them Wendell for a chance to be in the best position to overpay Drummond in a couple of months. Great.
"Heart is a skill that players who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,755
And1: 1,493
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#6 » by drosereturn » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:34 am

HomoSapien wrote:I think Dunn + Valentine probably gets it done. If they're trading him to Chicago, it's more about doing him a favor, and Dunn would be a decent return for their rebuilding efforts.


I am ok with dealing Dunn and filler. Rose's value went up so much from vet min, its disgusting if the Bulls gave up picks.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,755
And1: 1,493
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#7 » by drosereturn » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:40 am

Little Nathan wrote:
Dominater wrote:Porter and WCJ for Drummond and Rose. Get er done Gar

Sure, let's just give them Wendell for a chance to be in the best position to overpay Drummond in a couple of months. Great.


Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,353
And1: 4,705
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#8 » by Little Nathan » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:09 am

Showtime23 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Dominater wrote:Porter and WCJ for Drummond and Rose. Get er done Gar

Sure, let's just give them Wendell for a chance to be in the best position to overpay Drummond in a couple of months. Great.


Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.
"Heart is a skill that players who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 29,927
And1: 19,573
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#9 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:27 am

Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Sure, let's just give them Wendell for a chance to be in the best position to overpay Drummond in a couple of months. Great.


Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.


Eh, so what? Did you read the Bulls board when our fans couldn't wait to get rid of Jimmy?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
User avatar
Little Nathan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,353
And1: 4,705
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: Germany
   

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#10 » by Little Nathan » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:39 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.


Eh, so what? Did you read the Bulls board when our fans couldn't wait to get rid of Jimmy?

Fair, but they're ready to take back Turner + protected pick or maybe even Cam. WCJ is just an insane overpay.
"Heart is a skill that players who shoot 3s might not have." - Chris Webber, actually getting paid for this
User avatar
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,755
And1: 1,493
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#11 » by drosereturn » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:42 am

Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Sure, let's just give them Wendell for a chance to be in the best position to overpay Drummond in a couple of months. Great.


Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.


The reason why I said that great of a player was to display how much of a gap there is between WCJ and Drummond.
There are a lot of controversy as how good of a player Drummond but he would easily be the best player for several yrs.
As much as I say centers are overrated, not many can really average nearly 20-20 a night. The pistons want to deal him, get value since their entire roster sucks not bc of his poor play.
If Carter had 1 yr left on his deal, I would drive him to Detroit tmw. Which is why I said contract is the only reason why WCJ is valued more than AD. Still wouldnt mind a deal centered around those two as long as they get additional compensation back.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
Dominater
RealGM
Posts: 15,693
And1: 22,692
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Location: NBA Hell

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#12 » by Dominater » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:00 am

Showtime23 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.


The reason why I said that great of a player was to display how much of a gap there is between WCJ and Drummond.
There are a lot of controversy as how good of a player Drummond but he would easily be the best player for several yrs.
As much as I say centers are overrated, not many can really average nearly 20-20 a night. The pistons want to deal him, get value since their entire roster sucks not bc of his poor play.
If Carter had 1 yr left on his deal, I would drive him to Detroit tmw. Which is why I said contract is the only reason why WCJ is valued more than AD. Still wouldnt mind a deal centered around those two as long as they get additional compensation back.

Drummond is also only 26 right now. He's a beast when motivated. I agree fully that WCJ is a good player, but is highly unlikely to ever be a great player.

This reminds me of when Pax didn't wanna trade a 21 year old Deng for a 26 year old Pau. And young Luol was Better than WCJ
Didn't like the Coby White pick. Preferred Rui. Now go out and make me look stupid Coby!
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
Posts: 2,814
And1: 1,611
Joined: Dec 09, 2017

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#13 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:05 am

Good grief, do people realize how young Wendell ***** Carter is? He isn’t even done growing/filling out yet. The kid is going to be amazing. He happens to play for the worst coach in pro basketball, and for the crappiest organization going at the moment.
User avatar
Dominater
RealGM
Posts: 15,693
And1: 22,692
Joined: Jan 16, 2005
Location: NBA Hell

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual 

Post#14 » by Dominater » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:10 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Showtime23 wrote:
Drummond is just that great of a player. I dont ever see Carter being close to AD as a player since he is just athletically, physically outclassed. Only reason Carter is valuable is bc of his contract.


Drummond is not even close to being a great player. Just check out the Pistons board, the guys over there CAN NOT WAIT to get him off the team.

And the last sentence is not true either, obviously.


Eh, so what? Did you read the Bulls board when our fans couldn't wait to get rid of Jimmy?

Yea, they wanna dump Drummond because they have a hard-on for Christian Wood. We'll see how that one ends for them. Kinda like when ATL fans couldn't wait for Teague to go because they couldn't wait to hand the keys over to Dennis Schroeder. Lol
Didn't like the Coby White pick. Preferred Rui. Now go out and make me look stupid Coby!
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,689
And1: 1,620
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#15 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:29 am

When D Rose retires are we going to try and get him on the coaching staff?

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
User avatar
Mirotek
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,816
And1: 936
Joined: Nov 02, 2014
       

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#16 » by Mirotek » Mon Jan 6, 2020 11:37 am

I've watched every Pistons game this season because of Derrick and Drummond is terrible. Trust me, you guys DON'T want him on this squad. If you thought Pau Gasol was a pouty baby back then.. Drummond is 10x worse. Dude just gives up and doesn't try anymore when things aren't going his way. It's also not pretty watching Drummond pretend to play point guard.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
RealGM
Posts: 16,915
And1: 3,016
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#17 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jan 6, 2020 12:57 pm

Mirotek wrote:I've watched every Pistons game this season because of Derrick and Drummond is terrible. Trust me, you guys DON'T want him on this squad. If you thought Pau Gasol was a pouty baby back then.. Drummond is 10x worse. Dude just gives up and doesn't try anymore when things aren't going his way. It's also not pretty watching Drummond pretend to play point guard.



He rebounds well that is about it. He doesn’t play good defense. He has attitude problems. He costs a lot. He has one useable skill in today’s NBA which is nit worth overpaying for. He wants a max contract. Also look at the difference he is making for the Pistons. Oh he isn’t making a difference?
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 49,674
And1: 9,489
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#18 » by dougthonus » Mon Jan 6, 2020 1:13 pm

HomoSapien wrote:I think Dunn + Valentine probably gets it done. If they're trading him to Chicago, it's more about doing him a favor, and Dunn would be a decent return for their rebuilding efforts.


Dunn does nothing for their rebuilding efforts, he's a free agent. Which means if you keep him it is at market value which you could also do by going to the market. I agree that if they trade him to Chicago it would be to do him a favor, but I don't see why they would trade him without getting something useful back because he's a good player for them on a good contract.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
User avatar
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,755
And1: 1,493
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#19 » by drosereturn » Mon Jan 6, 2020 1:22 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Mirotek wrote:I've watched every Pistons game this season because of Derrick and Drummond is terrible. Trust me, you guys DON'T want him on this squad. If you thought Pau Gasol was a pouty baby back then.. Drummond is 10x worse. Dude just gives up and doesn't try anymore when things aren't going his way. It's also not pretty watching Drummond pretend to play point guard.



He rebounds well that is about it. He doesn’t play good defense. He has attitude problems. He costs a lot. He has one useable skill in today’s NBA which is nit worth overpaying for. He wants a max contract. Also look at the difference he is making for the Pistons. Oh he isn’t making a difference?


Him even getting 30 per yr doesnt mean much to Bulls when they cant even get 2 max free agents.
Also his defense isnt as good as Carter but offense, rebounding is decades ahead its not even funny.
Yeah if your team is worse than Bulls everyone will have attitude issues.
I dont even like Lavine but god thats a match made in heaven.

That being said, if they can ship Carter, Young, Felicio for Kennard, Drummond and Rose, they will make the playoffs 100 percent.
Pretty much got Detroits entire core for peanuts almost unfair.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
User avatar
The Explorer
General Manager
Posts: 9,766
And1: 2,076
Joined: Jul 11, 2005
 

Re: Assuming D Rose is on the block, what would you offer to get him? (aka the annual "Get Derrick Back" thread) 

Post#20 » by The Explorer » Mon Jan 6, 2020 1:51 pm

Paxson has no interest in Rose, so this would not happen. Rose was basically publicly asking for the Bulls to sign him, he badly wants to come back home. But Paxson and co. will not oblige.

Return to Chicago Bulls