Image ImageImage Image

Lauri Out Pelvis Stress Reaction - Out 4-6 Weeks

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Re: Lauri Out Pelvis Stress Reaction - Out 4-6 Weeks 

Post#101 » by RastaBull » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 pm

So we got 9 games until AS Break. Gafford should surly be back after AS Break (Feb 20), and WCJ could feasibly be back then too.

Feb 20 would be 27 days from today (~4 weeks). So Lauri would probably be back if this were any other team with any other medical staff haha (where injuries don't go from 4 weeks to season ending). But he could be back soon after. No idea on Porter, but how great would it be to get him back in lineup post AS Break!

Anyways, it's really just a 9 game stretch gotta make it through with super thin front line. We play Cavs and Wiz, which Lavine CNA and should win on his own (as he basically has been most season). Kings and Nets are winnable even with just Lavine and this group (but not sure thing). Spurs, Pels similar (I'd believe they could get 2/4). Pacers, Raps, 76ers, no chance.

I'd be disappointed anything less than 4-5 ... really happy with 5-4, and 6-3 would be amazing.

Sent from my STV100-2 using RealGM mobile app
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#102 » by CBS7 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:57 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:I think lauri is on the trade block and the not playing him is to prevent him from possibly getting injured and killing any trade deal.

I think the opposite. A player missing 4-6 weeks doesn't increase his trade value.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,386

Post#103 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:58 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
RememberLu wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:I mean, there were those 6 titles, man…

Cursed since D.Rose kneegate

Hey, you turn you back on the GOAT and the basketball gods are going to turn their back on you.

Indeed. It was before Rose lest we forget Jay Williams. It is the curse of Jordan (which he also seems to suffer). Somehow Phil Jackson the greatest antagonist of the breakup of the dynasty got off Scott free karma wise. Well until the Knicks.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#104 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:02 am

Payt10 wrote:10+ years of this kind of stuff happening. It's not just bad luck.

Bill Buckner will argue that curses last longer than ten years.
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#105 » by RagingBull316 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:09 am

They wasted no time having KC put out a article about how with the injuries, you can't judge the rebuild.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/how-lauri-markkanen-injury-sets-back-bulls-season-and-rebuild?fbclid=IwAR1cBafheeZkZ-ncGpoWlA8BFF2TXbDKxpv4VePgrV7uNRgCYdpwzg40v_c

So we get 2 more years of bad coaching, management and injuries! Always excuses with this team.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#106 » by Mech Engineer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:10 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Payt10 wrote:10+ years of this kind of stuff happening. It's not just bad luck.

Bill Buckner will argue that curses last longer than ten years.

It's interesting that Klay, Steph both were healthy for 6 years and are out in the same season.

People tend to forget that MJ took off 2 years in the middle of his run. Would he have been healthy if he had played for those 2 years?

Anyway, Rose's game/build was prone for disaster. If the Bulls get a star again, they better not sit on a 10 year window and build. Health is never guaranteed in this league especially with all the cutting,extra lateral movements compared to the 90s era physical play.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#107 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:12 am

RagingBull316 wrote:They wasted no time having KC put out a article about how with the injuries, you can't judge the rebuild.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/how-lauri-markkanen-injury-sets-back-bulls-season-and-rebuild?fbclid=IwAR1cBafheeZkZ-ncGpoWlA8BFF2TXbDKxpv4VePgrV7uNRgCYdpwzg40v_c

So we get 2 more years of bad coaching, management and injuries! Always excuses with this team.

that was expected from KC like sun rising on East. Nothing new. Just disgusting. Yet you cant prevent it.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#108 » by Mech Engineer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:12 am

RagingBull316 wrote:They wasted no time having KC put out a article about how with the injuries, you can't judge the rebuild.

Look at that quote...To be clear: This is no way to judge a rebuild. :nonono:
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#109 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:14 am

Just heard this in the car on my way home.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#110 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 am

We have more than enough
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#111 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:19 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:He will never be healthy. Should have sold high when he was averaging 20 and 10 last year. Too late.

Hindisght's 20/20, right?
Dresden
RealGM

Post#112 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:23 am

MrSparkle wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:GarPax don't have Thibs to blame for injuries. These things happen. A good GM will build an injury proof team. However good Lauri is as a basketball player, he was not expected to be Michael Jordan or Lebron James this year. You need to plan for these injuries but they want to have that flexibility in cap space. :roll:

Dallas lost a similar player in Powell but the Mavs have a bunch of contingency plans. I don't want to blame anyone on injuries. They happen to every team. It is just that the Bulls are always caught with their pants down whenever a top 3-8 player in the rotation has an injury. Their season gets severely impacted by these type of injuries almost always except maybe during the Thibs era.

Thibs coaching those banged up teams was a curse. That boosted GarPax more than they deserved and they sold that crap to Reinsdorf.

Yep. This is a classic GarPax situation.

1. Promising prospect is drafted.
2. The young team sucks.
3. FO/Coaches: "Play harder! Tougher defense!"
4. Stress fractures, core/ankle/knee tweaks begin to happen.
5. Player goes down; trade value drops into the toilet.
6. GarPax use the injuries as an excuse for why the season was a disappointment and why they can't make trades.

I don't want to toot my horn, but I've been saying that you don't want Lauri "playing hard." Seriously. You don't. If you want him to be something he's not (Lebron), then like Deng, Kirk, Noah, they're gonna get hurt. Even worse, somehow the medical staff clears these guys with nagging injuries instead of doing what every championship/elite team has been doing with the load management.

Just be real with your player-talent evaluations. This team doesn't suck because Lauri is a crappy #2 option. He should've never been a #2 option, and there is clearly a problem with the rest of the team if one guy is that important to a team's success. The team sucks, and the coach sucks. When your coach can't win against any .500+ team EVER, regardless of how many injuries they have, that means that your squad is brutally bad.

Now all is this said...... I ACTUALLY THINK THAT THE STARTING LINE-UP CHEMISTRY IS GOING TO IMPROVE. Because Boylen is such a silly coach, it takes numerous injuries for things to come out the woodwork. I actually think that Thad Young will get in a better rhythm and play well alongside Zach.

I also think that this might bolster the FO's hand in trade negotiations, because goodness do they need help at the trade table. Be like, "Hey, we actually need Thad now, so I'm not taking Mo Harkless and a bag of singles." Sorry Jerry, I know you were looking forward to some cash considerations from your clowns.

At the same time, this better not make Paxson believe that "Thad is off the trade table." Because that is the idiotic kind of thing Paxson tends to fall into.

I don't think you can prove that #3 has lead to #4. All coaches urge their players to "Play hard" and "Play tough Defense". I don't think you'd want a coach that didn't. To say that that leads to injuries is just not true.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#113 » by SHO'NUFF » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:24 am

Mech Engineer wrote:

Look at that quote...To be clear: This is no way to judge a rebuild. :nonono:

That’s a pretty **** up statement for KC Johnson to make. Such a dumb thing to say....as if Bulls fans will buy in to that bullsh**....nice try KC.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#114 » by cool007 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:24 am

Susan wrote:It sucks that he's going to be out 4-6 months.

Not only that but every injury to any player turns from a day to day to couple of weeks to couple of months to out for the season.

Just pathetic. How long Porter was supposed to be out initially? He is still out and no idea when he will return (if)? :banghead:
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#115 » by GrowingHorns » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:29 am

RoundMoundOfRebound wrote:Just heard this in the car on my way home.

Off-topic, but could you elaborate from which show/movie is this gif from? Those two look like people whose show i want to watch.
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#116 » by ArtMorte » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 am

Just what his underwhelming season needed... Really don't know where this leaves his future.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#117 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:33 am

GrowingHorns wrote:

Off-topic, but could you elaborate from which show/movie is this gif from? Those two look like people whose show i want to watch.

The Wire - Great television series. One of my all time favorites.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#118 » by FriedRise » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:35 am

GrowingHorns wrote:

The Wire. AMAZING show!
Dresden
RealGM

Post#119 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:36 am

I didn't get that from KC's article at all. He's just saying it's hard to judge the rebuild because of all the time the core has missed. Is that true, or isn't it? It wouldn't be smart to blow everything up and start from scratch, only to find out later that they might have had something without realizing it. That is not an excuse, and it's not a justification for not trying to make improvements. It's just stating the facts.

Now if they try to bring back the same group next year, without doing much to improve it, and just hope that the team being healthy will be enough to take the next step, then I think you can blame them for being complacent.

I think one key factor is to know if Lauri's poor play this year has been due to lingering injuries or not?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#120 » by Red8911 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:39 am

Just terrible, I know Lauri wasn’t doing great but he was still obviously a big part of this team. Worst timing too, now could of been the time to turn things around for himself and the bulls to make a run into the playoffs.

Thad Young will now start and the only way to make up for Lauris absence is if he steps up and plays like he was supposed to be playing. He will get his minutes, no more excuses or complaining about that. The back up will probably be Hutchinson I’m guessing but the roster getting thinner with these injuries.

Return to Chicago Bulls