Image ImageImage Image

Lauri Out Pelvis Stress Reaction - Out 4-6 Weeks

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Re: Lauri Out Pelvis Stress Reaction - Out 4-6 Weeks 

Post#121 » by Red8911 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:42 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So he’s not necessarily hurt but they’re preventing him from really getting hurt? Minority Report type stuff?

I can respect that move. He needed a break regardless.

This kind of sounds like a tank move. Usually can rest him for a week or 2. 4-6 weeks is a bit much maybe they are trying to do the same sht like the last couple of years.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,005

Post#122 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:43 am

Dresden wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:GarPax don't have Thibs to blame for injuries. These things happen. A good GM will build an injury proof team. However good Lauri is as a basketball player, he was not expected to be Michael Jordan or Lebron James this year. You need to plan for these injuries but they want to have that flexibility in cap space. :roll:

Dallas lost a similar player in Powell but the Mavs have a bunch of contingency plans. I don't want to blame anyone on injuries. They happen to every team. It is just that the Bulls are always caught with their pants down whenever a top 3-8 player in the rotation has an injury. Their season gets severely impacted by these type of injuries almost always except maybe during the Thibs era.

Thibs coaching those banged up teams was a curse. That boosted GarPax more than they deserved and they sold that crap to Reinsdorf.

Yep. This is a classic GarPax situation.

1. Promising prospect is drafted.
2. The young team sucks.
3. FO/Coaches: "Play harder! Tougher defense!"
4. Stress fractures, core/ankle/knee tweaks begin to happen.
5. Player goes down; trade value drops into the toilet.
6. GarPax use the injuries as an excuse for why the season was a disappointment and why they can't make trades.

I don't want to toot my horn, but I've been saying that you don't want Lauri "playing hard." Seriously. You don't. If you want him to be something he's not (Lebron), then like Deng, Kirk, Noah, they're gonna get hurt. Even worse, somehow the medical staff clears these guys with nagging injuries instead of doing what every championship/elite team has been doing with the load management.

Just be real with your player-talent evaluations. This team doesn't suck because Lauri is a crappy #2 option. He should've never been a #2 option, and there is clearly a problem with the rest of the team if one guy is that important to a team's success. The team sucks, and the coach sucks. When your coach can't win against any .500+ team EVER, regardless of how many injuries they have, that means that your squad is brutally bad.

Now all is this said...... I ACTUALLY THINK THAT THE STARTING LINE-UP CHEMISTRY IS GOING TO IMPROVE. Because Boylen is such a silly coach, it takes numerous injuries for things to come out the woodwork. I actually think that Thad Young will get in a better rhythm and play well alongside Zach.

I also think that this might bolster the FO's hand in trade negotiations, because goodness do they need help at the trade table. Be like, "Hey, we actually need Thad now, so I'm not taking Mo Harkless and a bag of singles." Sorry Jerry, I know you were looking forward to some cash considerations from your clowns.

At the same time, this better not make Paxson believe that "Thad is off the trade table." Because that is the idiotic kind of thing Paxson tends to fall into.

I don't think you can prove that #3 has lead to #4. All coaches urge their players to "Play hard" and "Play tough Defense". I don't think you'd want a coach that didn't. To say that that leads to injuries is just not true.

I disagree. Most the league is literally coasting on defense. You know how they do it? They get tall players at every position.

There's a reason why all the teams that are small at SG/SF and slow at PF are bad.

I can't find one example of a +.500 team that plays slow at PF or small at SG. Bench players (Lou) don't count.

As long as you have an average offense (16th or better), and you have good size (not Coby/Dunn at the wing) and competent speed (not Kornet or dare I say it Lauri) at every spot, you will make the playoffs, regardless of defensive effort.

If you have a slow PF and ask if him (and the rest of the undersized team) to overplay on the defensive end, and they're already average or barely-average offensive players to begin with, it doesn't matter if your defense is ranked in the top-10, you're going to lose games, exert/injure players, and suffer offensively.

You can play extremely tough defense or not, but the results are pretty much negligible. Teams space the floor in a way that tactics can't entirely stop anymore. The only antidote is more offense and size.

Which is why admittedly Thibodeau is out of a coaching job despite having a phenomenal coaching career, and why the much worse version of him Boylen is crap.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#123 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:09 am

Someone mentioned in another thread the Bulls should build around Lavine and forget everyone else on the roster.

The way players are dropping they may have no other choice.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#124 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 am

I will say... don't the Bulls have a full week off with the ASB? That likely explains timing more than it being a tank move.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#125 » by Susan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:49 am

Michael Jackson wrote:We have more than enough

Don't you dare utter those words. This was a proud franchise with an extremely proud head coach who got those players to believe those words. Don't dance on Thibs grave.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#126 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:19 am

PaKii94 wrote:Image

f**k our lives.

That second image is how Boozer got injured. :lol:
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#127 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:21 am

And all you can do at this point is just laugh. This season was already a miserable failure, but sure, let’s add a **** load of injuries to our most important players. Again. Just like always. **** me, man.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,869

Post#128 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:41 am

DAMN IT, THIBS!!!

If only there were a guy that cared about player health, and was also into choking people. Hmmm... :roll:
SearsTower
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#129 » by SearsTower » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:50 am

Jcool0 wrote::o

Read on Twitter

100% this is going to be GarPaxBoylen's main talking point to explain away their disastrous season. Nevermind that that core is mediocre at best when fully healthy anyway.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,869

Post#130 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:12 am

SearsTower wrote:100% this is going to be GarPaxBoylen's main talking point to explain away their disastrous season. Nevermind that that core is mediocre at best when fully healthy anyway.

No dice. Availability while not a skill, like it or not, is part of the bottom line when it comes to results.

When you constantly field teams of injury prone players, the results still stand, and they simply haven’t done a good job.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#131 » by Jiipee84 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:46 am

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/markkanen-disappointed-understands-decision-sit-him-4-6-weeks?fbclid=IwAR25sYD4kDfY80kFQHQLBp4285PCC6mG3rNlOROEfv4V3s3TN3TLnia65tA

So if Sam Smith is right about this Lauri has at least a week had soreness etc pains and only now has this been reacted.
What kind of unskilled batsmen Bulls medical and athletic trainer staffs truly are.

How in hell can such a hustle be allowed in a professional sports organization like Chicago Bulls.
Players health should be the number one priority in all daily activities.

if the player has pain or other symptoms suggestive of injury then the player should be on the precaution side of the daily routine.
Even bottom NHL teams has better Athletic trainers and medical staff than Chicago Bulls.

This newest injury in Lauri's case makes me very livid to Chicago Bulls and their so called medical staff.
Which actually is bunch of brainless idiots who don't know **** what they are doing and what their actual job is.

I don't know is cursing your own native language allowed here but now i don't care about that.
Here are my greetings to Chicago Bulls medical staff and Athletic trainers.
SAATANAN TUNARIT
^^ Don't ask translation i'm not that mood right now.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#132 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:08 am

The Bulls medical staff are used to the standards set by workout warriors like Pippen and MJ.

You literally have to put these soft players under wrap in order to prevent injuries. This is another strike against Soft Lauri. He is both injury prone and soft in addition to zero improvement in skills since his rookie year except his biceps.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#133 » by The Box Office » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:03 am

John Paxson truly messed up on drafting Lauri Markannen. He's a certified injury riddled bust. I had NO expectations for Lauri when he was drafted. None whatsoever. I accepted him with open arms. Now, he's on my bust list.

- Lauri Markannen
- Thabo Sefolosha
- Marquis Teague
- Doug McDermott (I saw a bust with this kid when I briefly scouted him. I don't know why Pax felt the urgency to trade for him LMAO)
- Tyrus Thomas
- Denzel Valentine
- Niko
- Tony Snell
- James Johnson
- Bobby Portis (I hate to put him on this bust list, but I have to.)

Pax is the complete opposite of Jerry Krause RIP.

No other GM in another org would survive this except John Paxson because Reinsdorf doesn't give an EFF about the Bulls. Let's not forget the Vinny Del Negro tie incident.
edededtut
Senior
And1: 699

Post#134 » by edededtut » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:20 am

I hope folks complaining about Lauri being ”soft” will stop now. He has played most of the season injured and this is the direct result of that. To me playing with pain is maybe the most telling sign of a player being tough. Not talking trash or showing off after dunking on or blocking someone.

You can call him injury prone if you want to (luckily he hasn’t had issues with his legs or feet) or stupid for not resting for a few games when the oblique injury was at it’s worst and Lauri was physically at about 50% condition, but Bulls’ organization seems to be clueless about injuries, again.

You can’t keep running your multimillion dollar investments to the ground over and over again.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#135 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:33 am

el_Diablo wrote:I hope folks complaining about Lauri being ”soft” will stop now. He has played most of the season injured and this is the direct result of that. To me playing with pain is maybe the most telling sign of a player being tough. Not talking trash or showing off after dunking on or blocking someone.

You can call him injury prone if you want to (luckily he hasn’t had issues with his legs or feet) or stupid for not resting for a few games when the oblique injury was at it’s worst and Lauri was physically at about 50% condition, but Bulls’ organization seems to be clueless about injuries, again.

You can’t keep running your multimillion dollar investments to the ground over and over again.

When people call him soft, they're specifically talking about his lack of aggressiveness on the court.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#136 » by Dez » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 am

HomoSapien wrote:
el_Diablo wrote:I hope folks complaining about Lauri being ”soft” will stop now. He has played most of the season injured and this is the direct result of that. To me playing with pain is maybe the most telling sign of a player being tough. Not talking trash or showing off after dunking on or blocking someone.

When people call him soft, they're specifically talking about his lack of aggressiveness on the court.

I think you should look a couple of posts up.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#137 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:37 am

Dez wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Fair, but I don't think that's what most people are talking about.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#138 » by Dez » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:39 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Dez wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

Fair, but I don't think that's what most people are talking about.

Oh I know that and I agree however there are numerous people that believe getting injured is "soft" and it's a ridiculous belief to have.
tiffac
Starter

Post#139 » by tiffac » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So he’s not necessarily hurt but they’re preventing him from really getting hurt? Minority Report type stuff?

I can respect that move. He needed a break regardless.

Okay, if this is the case. Then I can definitely understand.
Manners Maketh Man
edededtut
Senior

Post#140 » by edededtut » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 am

HomoSapien wrote:

It should be obvious the injury has affected his aggressiveness on the court this season. When the injury was at its worst Lauri was missing wide open dunks because he probably couldn't jump normally. He shouldn't have been playing and even Boylen realised that and had him standing at the three point line for spacing.

Return to Chicago Bulls