Image ImageImage Image

Post Game thread. Lets start Tanking.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Re: Post Game thread. Lets start Tanking. 

Post#61 » by drosestruts » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:19 pm

I attended this game and both Vlade and Peja, along with some other sharply dressed person were sitting in the crowd watching the game. Not sure if they just like Chicago or if they were there scouting someone from our team.

Not sure who they'd be interested in, but I'd keep an eye on Sacramento as we head towards the trade deadline.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#62 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:52 pm

They’ve got Kent Bazemore. That’s $20m in expiring salary.

Reinsdorf is frothing at the mouth.
NWIBullsFan
Junior
And1: 247

Post#63 » by NWIBullsFan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:If you are freaking out over this game, the next 12 weeks are going to be very long for you. Please seek counseling.

We are commenting on jose' feliciano playing with a coronet.... so to speak.

The Bulls were at best an average team who are now missing 3 of their 4 best players. The way Gafford was playing, maybe 4 of their best 5.

They are counting on a 19 year old who came into the year 35 games removed from high school to be their #2 scorer.

They have a rookie head coach trying to deal with this. A guy who should have never been named as coach in the first place.

Finally, a star player who is going to get triple teamed game after game. The best thing the Bulls could do for their future is find a phantom injury and sit Lavine for the rest of the season before he kills himself trying to carry the team... or his head explodes... whichever comes first.

Another option would be try a big deadline trade to shake things up,try to turn this thing at least watchable for fans.But I know it won't happen with this conservative FO.

If the right player is available...

More likely would be a Nate Robinson type find, only with a wing or 4 spot player. Not sure who that would be though.

I have a question - isn't trading away a "superstar" for a #7 pick, a 2nd year player who had a crap rookie year, and a "low-IQ, no-defense chucker" the exact opposite of a conservative move?

Return to Chicago Bulls