Image ImageImage Image

Level of interest in the Bulls/NBA?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Compared to past seasons, what's your level of interest in the Bulls and the NBA right now?

1. Higher than ever
1%
2. Higher than usual
No votes
3. About normal
6%
4. Lower than usual
22%
5. Lower than ever
71%

Total votes: 96

logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Level of interest in the Bulls/NBA? 

Post#1 » by logical_art » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Personally I'm finding my interest in the Bulls and the NBA is lower than it has ever been. I'm a Bulls fan first and foremost so if the Bulls stink or show no hope, my interest in them wanes. But its not only the Bulls having mediocre ownership, management, coaching and players at the moment, its the NBA more generally - the finesse 3pt chucking style of play and player driven offseasons resulting in no great rivalries.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Re: Level of interest in the Bulls/NBA? 

Post#2 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:46 pm

I find the load management culture to turn me off tremendously.

That’s an exception to policy for only superstars in this league in their 30s. The widespread usage of it for young players or scrubs like Lauri Markkanen is a big no for me on this team.

Toughen it out and play bc there are people paying good money to see you.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#3 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21 pm

In the NBA at large it is lower than ever. The James Hardenization of basketball is incredibly boring to watch. I don’t want anyone to die. But if there were a way that the entire Rockets organization could be transported into an alternate universe in which I would never be aware of their existence, yet they could nonetheless live out their lives in whatever way is destined, that would be peachy.

I have not watched one single entire non-Bulls game all year.

That said, when the playoffs start there will still be plenty of games and players that interest me. And with Morant, Zion, Luka, Giannis and others, there are some very entertaining young stars to watch going forward.

As for the Bulls, my interest in watching games was already very low. Now that most of the team’s more interesting players are injured, the interest level is about as low as it can get.

Bear in mind, I’m one of those fans who has not problem watching a rebuild. I enjoy watching a young team develop and evolve, losses and all. But with Lauri’s awful season it just took all the wind out of the sails for me.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#4 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Call me crazy, but I love the NBA in 2020. People act like every team is playing like the Rockets, which isn't true. There are many teams and players that I love to watch.

The Bulls, not so much. Interest is at an all-time low.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#5 » by DorO » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:27 pm

I have been crazy of Bulls all the time and now even high on it - we see greatness of Zach rising to all star level.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#6 » by jc23 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:28 pm

I still like watching highlights but i rarely tune in to watch an game anymore. So there is some interest but not much passion behind it anymore.
Be curious, Not judgmental
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#7 » by bulliedog8 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 pm

My interest in the bulls is dropping by the day, but that is because of injuries (which leads to the losing). Bulls never have a healthy team. If they were all healthy, theyd be a near 500 team (I would hope) and in the playoffs.

As for the NBA as a whole. It is the same as ever. I have full nba league pass so if the Bulls (my favorite team), Lakers (one of my best friends favorite team), or Wolves (I live in Minn and my other best friends favorite team) arent on, I am most likely watching another game.

Playoffs should be amazing this year from the 2nd round on. Both East and West have 6 great teams. So there should be at least 2 great first round series between 3-6 and 4-5 in both conferences. West could be great for 1-8 series if one of the Grizz or pelicans make it to see Zion or Ja vs the lakers.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#8 » by ZOMG » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:29 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:I find the load management culture to turn me off tremendously.

That’s an exception to policy for only superstars in this league in their 30s. The widespread usage of it for young players or scrubs like Lauri Markkanen is a big no for me on this team.

Guy wants to play all 82 games, battles through several injuries without taking a day off... and you throw HIM under the bus for "load management"?

Whatever.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 885

Post#9 » by HearshotKDS » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm

More interested in NBA this year than previous ones. Post GSW era means more excited to see young stars like Luka or Giannis who actually have a chance in the PO endgame now that the 2010’s dynasty team isn’t waiting at the end of the line.

For the Bulls it’s the worst it’s ever been. This is the 3rd year of terrible, massively under .500 basketball and the team still doesn’t have a young player with franchise player potential. Once again most of the players that need playtime to develop are injured, and were seeing big minutes go to guys that are probably on their last nba contract like felicio or kornet. The current team has no future, and I’m sitting here hoping for lucky drafting just so the team can start the long road to having a future. I’m probably 1 more season of this away from watching more Bucks games than Bulls games, I can drive to Milwaukee in 45 minutes, get good food and great beer, then make the wife drive back. She doesn’t like driving in downtown Chicago so I can’t even do that for Bulls games, which for the last 2 years I only go to when I get tickets through work. Morale is at an all time low on the forum as well. And it’s not just bandwagon fans, you have guys who have been regular posters here for 10-18 years voicing these sentiments.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#10 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

ZOMG wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:I find the load management culture to turn me off tremendously.

Guy wants to play all 82 games, battles through several injuries without taking a day off... and you throw HIM under the bus for "load management"?

Whatever.

Everyone is dealing with injuries nowadays. What makes Lauri special that injury excuses need to be made for his trash performance?

Maybe he should revamp his summer routine and develop an elite work ethic instead of green causes. Look at Zach Lavine out there busting his buns for 37-39 mins a night without any injury excuses. Is Zach hurt? You bet. But we don’t hear the injury excuses or load management crap from him.

Again, young players need to play to develop their timing and basketball instincts. If a young player is getting load management, get that trash off this team.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#11 » by samwana » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 pm

My interest is lower than ever, even last season it was higher. Bulls have no real personality for me to root for. Our FO and coach are highly unlikable and I can't really get into turning to another team. This season seems to be a little more interesting than the last year's, but I can't manage to watch another team. I don't like listening to Neil Funk that's another turnoff for me.
The NBA was way better in the nineties even though I couldn't watch much games live, I couldn't wait to get my pontel vids to finally watch my favorite team play.
Maybe I just moved on.. I still enjoy this board though, it's the best part of my Bulls fandom.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#12 » by poolshark52 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Lower than ever. I'd like to see some rule changes. Move the 3 point line back to 30 feet and eliminate the corner 3.
Nwaba daba doo!
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,758

Post#13 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:50 pm

I can't watch a full game anymore, regardless of who is playing. My interest in both the Bulls and the NBA in general, is lukewarm at best. I don't like 140-132 games, I just don't.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#14 » by kyrv » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:01 am

Lower than ever, wow, I thought there would be some but it's like 78% lower than ever.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#15 » by Trm3 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:04 am

Way way way way down.

I'll watch the Bulls play if they're ever on TV but I could careless about anyone else.

I know the Bulls record and I see some highlights posted on the Bulls IG account but I can't tell you what any other team is doing.

The game isn't what it use to be. It's dumb and a lot of players in the league look like thugs, all tatted up, sleeves of tats, should be playing on some playground. Just don't care outside of the Bulls.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#16 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

I only watch the Bulls, don’t care about any of the other teams.

I wanted a competitive team who can take care of business vs bums and go toe to toe with the best teams. A team that can be entertaining to watch for 2-3 hours every other night.

But no, we’re just mostly bad. Bum slayers yes, but we don’t even have any chance against any good team. This has been an especially tough season because of how massively underachieving they are. And now they’re injured so there’s very little reason to invest time watching.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#17 » by Payt10 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:53 am

The last couple of years have been rough. I've pretty much resigned myself to sitting on the sideline until ownership either sells the team or brings in new management to run the operations. I just can't anymore with John Paxson and Gar Forman. It's enough, and long overdue.

On top of all that, the product on the court is about as bad as its ever been. The coach sucks, the team is bad, and everybody seems to always get hurt. There's not much to see, and I'd rather not put myself through it.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
NWIBullsFan
Junior
And1: 247

Post#18 » by NWIBullsFan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 am

Anyone who says this is the all-time low for a Bulls team must not have been a fan during the Tim Floyd era.

Our best year from the first 4 years post-dynasty was worse than our worst year in year 3 of this rebuild:

Doofer
Lead Assistant
And1: 49

Post#19 » by Doofer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:16 am

Jeffster81 wrote:I can't watch a full game anymore, regardless of who is playing. My interest in both the Bulls and the NBA in general, is lukewarm at best. I don't like 140-132 games, I just don't.

It's boring with all the scoring. I'd be happy if they extended the 3 point line or did away with it all together.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,793

Post#20 » by beeshma » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 am

NWIBullsFan wrote:Anyone who says this is the all-time low for a Bulls team must not have been a fan during the Tim Floyd era.

Our best year from the first 4 years post-dynasty was worse than our worst year in year 3 of this rebuild:

That was when Jerry Krause had the bright idea that Europe was filled with talented players and began drafting them en masse. Which led to the era of...DALIBOR BAGARICH!

Return to Chicago Bulls