Image ImageImage Image

PG: Prime Time Valentine

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Re: PG: Prime Time Valentine 

Post#81 » by PaKii94 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Watching the game now.

1st quarter:
- everyone's energy is a bit off which was expected
- Zach played so far like 80% off ball. That's good even though he missed some open ones. He should have gotten a few foul calls. The ball moves well. Two possessions Zach goes on ball, ball movement stops hmmmmm.....third possession is a good pnr with Thad. We need quick decisive decisions like that from Zach no hesitation.
-Coby is just that much worse at pg. He doesn't have floor general in him at all right now.
-hutch looks like he's getting back to game speed
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#82 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:13 pm

PaKii94 wrote:Watching the game now.

1st quarter:
- Zach played so far like 80% off ball. That's good even though he missed some open ones. He should have gotten a few foul calls. The ball moves well. Two possessions Zach goes on ball, ball movement stops hmmmmm.....third possession is a good pnr with Thad. We need quick decisive decisions like that from Zach no hesitation.
-Coby is just that much worse at pg. He doesn't have floor general in him at all right now.

so that means he'll probably get hurt and shut down and the cycle will continue. I'm no Hutch fan but FFS he needs to stay healthy for a long stretch and hopefully show something that indicates he can be a useful wing.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,384

Post#83 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:Looking good, Billy Ray.

Feeling good, Louis!
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#84 » by PaKii94 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:28 pm

madvillian wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Watching the game now.

1st quarter:

so that means he'll probably get hurt and shut down and the cycle will continue. I'm no Hutch fan but FFS he needs to stay healthy for a long stretch and hopefully show something that indicates he can be a useful wing.

Injuries are a b*tch for the bulls. I know there is at the minimum of a good role player in there but yeah he has to stay healthy.

2nd quarter:
Nothing too bad just medicore play by the deep bench
-val is just hot so far. They aren't really good shots by him. They won't go in every game. What else does he bring then?
-thad is playing well... Finally in a big man role. He's allowed to play that now that he's playing with Kornet. He didn't get t hat many mins with Lauri because Lauri can't play C. He played spacer for the other two (wcj/gafford) C's. Easy explanation for his game turnaround. He got 3-4 post up opportunities alone in the first half
- Zach continues to play off ball and keeps the ball moving. That's good
Edit: spoke too soon. Last minute Zach tries to make a play and it breaks. Zach makes a decisive move to score and he gets fts. Just look to score or move the ball zach!

Also great steal by Sato at the end. Winning play
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#85 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm

So far theres been zero mention anywhere of the 800 pound elephant in the room: Zach hurting himself tords the end of the game. Obviously its pretty encouraging that he was able to just sorta shake it off and keep playing. Also encouraging that he never even went to the ground. But man was that a scary looking limp he had at first. Looked way to similiar to the limp that D-rose had on that tragic day in 2012.

But assuming that its nothing, then I agree that we need to be buyers here. Rose/Drummond, call Golden State about what they would want for D-Lo, etc. Be proactive. Don't do what we did in 2007 and just wait till our prospects pan out to mediocre players instead of selling high. We couldv'e had a 26 year old Pau gasol, but Pax refused to give up Luol Deng. Don't make this mistake again. But i presume that, same management same results. Its a shame.

Edit to add: Coby/WCJ/Markk should all absolutely be on the table in discussions for any of those type of trades. Im sorry but those 3 guys ceiling is like a Hinrich/Gordon/Deng. A nice core but a mediocre core that won't get us very far
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#86 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Dominater wrote:So far theres been zero mention anywhere of the 800 pound elephant in the room: Zach hurting himself tords the end of the game. Obviously its pretty encouraging that he was able to just sorta shake it off and keep playing. Also encouraging that he never even went to the ground. But man was that a scary looking limp he had at first. Looked way to similiar to the limp that D-rose had on that tragic day in 2012.

But assuming that its nothing, then I agree that we need to be buyers here. Rose/Drummond, call Golden State about what they would want for D-Lo, etc. Be proactive. Don't do what we did in 2007 and just wait till our prospects pan out to mediocre players instead of selling high. We couldv'e had a 26 year old Pau gasol, but Pax refused to give up Luol Deng. Don't make this mistake again. But i presume that, same management same results. Its a shame

FWIW zach reweeted some stuff on twitter today, not sure he'd be doing that if he was dealing with a severe injury.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#87 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:

Feeling good, Louis!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#88 » by Indomitable » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 am

Jeffster81 wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:

Feeling good, Louis!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy u guys are old. Trading Places. Jaime Lee was nice
:banghead:
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#89 » by drosereturn » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:46 am

PaKii94 wrote:It's funny to me how opinions change like the wind game to game on this board

Denzel basically did this by himself in 19min. Showing why he was worth a lottery pick which I dont regret one bit picked #14.
A guard has to be able to pass/shoot 3s/defend. He somewhat does it all while having elite vision.
He has a skillset that never gets affected by injuries kinda like CP3 bc of the high BBIQ/intangibles.

He could literally start along with Sato but is already in the doghouse. I dont mind trading but at least lock him up 4/10mil for a late first. Waste of a talent to let go.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#90 » by jump » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:33 am

Totally agree. I think he can be an excellent bench guy.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#91 » by TeamMan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am

Showtime23 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:It's funny to me how opinions change like the wind game to game on this board

Denzel basically did this by himself in 19min. Showing why he was worth a lottery pick which I dont regret one bit picked #14.
A guard has to be able to pass/shoot 3s/defend. He somewhat does it all while having elite vision.
He has a skillset that never gets affected by injuries kinda like CP3 bc of the high BBIQ/intangibles.

He could literally start along with Sato but is already in the doghouse. I dont mind trading but at least lock him up 4/10mil for a late first. Waste of a talent to let go.

Unfortunately, Denzel came out of college already having problems with his ankels.

IMO, after what seems like successful surgery, he came into this season out of shape.

So, finally, after all of this time, he may be ready to have an NBA career.

Maybe, just maybe, if OPJ had been healthy, then Denzel would not have been needed early in the season. Then maybe he could have had a good season making a valuable contribution off the bench.

But it's too late for the Bulls. There is still time left for Denzel to salvage his season and move on to another team. But, most likely, the Bulls will draft (or make a trade for) another SF during the off season, and Denzel's time with the Bulls will be ended.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#92 » by TeamMan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:19 am

Dominater wrote:So far theres been zero mention anywhere of the 800 pound elephant in the room: Zach hurting himself tords the end of the game. Obviously its pretty encouraging that he was able to just sorta shake it off and keep playing. Also encouraging that he never even went to the ground. But man was that a scary looking limp he had at first. Looked way to similiar to the limp that D-rose had on that tragic day in 2012.

But assuming that its nothing, then I agree that we need to be buyers here. Rose/Drummond, call Golden State about what they would want for D-Lo, etc. Be proactive. Don't do what we did in 2007 and just wait till our prospects pan out to mediocre players instead of selling high. We couldv'e had a 26 year old Pau gasol, but Pax refused to give up Luol Deng. Don't make this mistake again. But i presume that, same management same results. Its a shame.

Edit to add: Coby/WCJ/Markk should all absolutely be on the table in discussions for any of those type of trades. Im sorry but those 3 guys ceiling is like a Hinrich/Gordon/Deng. A nice core but a mediocre core that won't get us very far

The problem with young players is that their contracts don't match older players.

So you don't trade for a Drummond or a Rose.

All that you can hope is that there is a team that has drafted more than one player at the same position, and you can trade for one of them.

This is what the Bulls should have done with Neko and Portis. They should have done it as soon as possible and, definitely, after drafting Lauri.

That is why they ended up with the problem that they had in training camp. The only other option would have been to tell Portis that he was going to start at center.

But the real problem is that Gar/Pax have been building to avoid the Lux Tax. Therefore the idea of making a trade that would cause problems with the Tax can't be imagined.

As long as the salaries match the requirements of the tax, then they can't think outside of that box.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#93 » by Yeezus_ » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey Bulls fans, any word on when WCJ is expected to return? What's the latest?
Yeezy SZN approaching
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#94 » by Clocian » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:Hey Bulls fans, any word on when WCJ is expected to return? What's the latest?

He'll probably be out til after all-star break.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#95 » by PaKii94 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Clocian wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Hey Bulls fans, any word on when WCJ is expected to return? What's the latest?

I saw a tweet somewhere that it was confirmed both OPJ/WCJ are out till at least all-star break
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#96 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:24 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
Clocian wrote:

I saw a tweet somewhere that it was confirmed both OPJ/WCJ are out till at least all-star break

hopefully the tweet clarified that its THIS all star break, and not next years.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#97 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:13 am

I fell asleep in the second half while watching lmao. Zach played a good off ball game for the majority of the game. The shots weren't falling but it let his teammates step up. The frustrating thing was Zach hero ball started wayyyy too damn early again in the 4th. Zach mixed it up enough to squeak out the win but earlier in the season this would be a guaranteed loss. Just play the finisher role Zach! You DON'T have to create/make a play happen. You're pretty bad at that. But scoring/finishing you are elite. Just play your role!

Return to Chicago Bulls