Image ImageImage Image

Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#2001 » by ZOMG » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:45 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Lauri follows the same pattern on whatever team he ends up on. It's too bad we couldn't make it work here with him.

Which really does beg the question; why the same outcome with so many players? The list is very long.

You really want to hear the reason?

It's not the coaches. It's not the FO. We've seen all kinds of personalities, approaches, strategies. Yet the end result has remained exactly the same.

No. This is all happening because of a single player. A player who doesn't make anyone around him better.

Think about it. Who's been the one constant, the guy who's been there through all this chaos, with a revolving door of teammates? A guy who seems to be immune to criticism and devoid of accountability.

A guy who's never been a winner in the NBA. NEVER.

That's right. All this is Felicio's fault.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,289

Post#2002 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:47 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Just so I'm clear, we're ready to draw conclusions after 10 games on the net-state of the Vucevic trade, however - Lauri needs more opportunity after 4 years and 3 radically different coaches?
Well put

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#2003 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 pm

GetBuLLish wrote:The Lauri Markkanen debates are eerily similar to the Carlos Boozer debates we had years ago. There was a group of fans (which I called the Boozer Brigade) that for years made every excuse known to mankind about his subpar play. The fallback position was always, "Just wait until he goes to another team and proves his true value." Well after he was dumped by the Bulls, he got signed by the Lakers for basically the vet minimum, played for one year, and then was out of the league.

Of course, not one member of the Boozer Brigade ever fessed up for their years long worth of completely unfounded arguments. I imagine a similar outcome here with Lauri.
Raises hand.

I have acknowledged being wrong about Boozer about 100 times on here and quietly accepted the "I told you so" responses. Although I never claimed he would go somewhere else and prove his value.

I think thee dost exaggerate.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#2004 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:59 pm

ZOMG wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:The Lauri Markkanen debates are eerily similar to the Carlos Boozer debates we had years ago. There was a group of fans (which I called the Boozer Brigade) that for years made every excuse known to mankind about his subpar play. The fallback position was always, "Just wait until he goes to another team and proves his true value." Well after he was dumped by the Bulls, he got signed by the Lakers for basically the vet minimum, played for one year, and then was out of the league.

Of course, not one member of the Boozer Brigade ever fessed up for their years long worth of completely unfounded arguments. I imagine a similar outcome here with Lauri.

"Subpar play"?

Are you one of those people who have just conveniently forgotten about the first half of this season when Lauri was having a career year - before covid protocols, injuries and office politics ruined it all?
You mean the 2 good games he played out of the first 4 before he missed 7 games?

Or the 5 good games he played out of the next 10... before he missed the next 14 games?

And that on and off performance should trump the 23 hands that have followed since as we assess Lauri?

I actually want more minutes for Lauri because I can't believe he is a bad as he has played and I am a fan. But that's me being a fan. Nothing he has done has justified those minutes.

Return to Chicago Bulls