Image ImageImage Image

Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper

User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 63,264
And1: 26,156
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1701 » by DuckIII » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:48 pm

ZOMG wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:The last thing I'll say is that I think we went away from the Vuk/Lauri frontcourt way too quickly. I still think it was an overreaction to a terrible first game against a smooth veteran team. Lauris best play was with a big center, Robin Lopez, that allowed him to crash the boards and attack closeouts. I also like Thad better as the hub center of the second unit, and which has playmaking is badly needed.

Changing the starting unit so quickly seemed like a shortsighted, panic move, particularly when you compare it to the amount of leash that was given to White with the first unit.


Maybe they should have given it more time. Maybe they’ll give it another look this season. But it’s hard to be too critical considering that the team played better after the switch.

It was definitely not a good move for Lauri. But for the team as a whole? What’s the argument that it was a step back on the court?


Better??

We're 0-3 since the switch.


That’s superficial analysis. Unless you are a fervent believer in the “Record with Lauri vs. Record without Lauri” argument. Which I assume you are not.

We were also 0-3 prior to the switch against weaker competition. So what is your point?

If we’ve been worse as a basketball team since the switch, explain how. Especially considering our margin of defeat in the 3 games prior was 19 and since it’s been 8.

But if there is another way of looking at it, please share.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
PaKii94
General Manager
Posts: 8,340
And1: 4,615
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1702 » by PaKii94 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:59 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:The funny thing is FebruLauri was inflated because of VOLUME and OPPORTUNITY. He wasn't all that efficient. Lauri HAS improved his finishing and 3pt shooting. If he got those same 80 touches now he could have been pushing 40ppg p36 during his hot streak earlier.

Instead we had to develop our young studs in coby and wcj :banghead:


You're joking, right?

Lauri's 2018-19 TS% by month:

Dec - .540
Jan - .544
Feb - .610
Mar - .510

But he has "improved his 3pt shooting", temporarily at least. He's now at 38% for the season, after 36.2%, 36.1% and 34.4% his first three seasons. Of course, that's all because he started the season hot in a very small sample size of 14 games. Another hot month, but he's had a few in his career.

He's had plenty of volume over his last 12 games, 6.3 3ptAtt/game, and he's at 30.3%. Ouch. Or in other words, back to normal.

The league as a whole shoots 36.7% from behind the arc. There is absolutely nothing special about Lauri's 38.0% (and falling quickly).


That uptick was because he was drawing more fouls... Because he had #1 touches (80).... While the rest of the season he was at like 50. It wasn't a hot shooting streak. His 3pt% was down that month

But again it's an undeniable fact that he hasn't approached even 2nd option touches since that month. He's had hot streaks since then.... But on limited touches.
el_Diablo
Ballboy
Posts: 33
And1: 43
Joined: Dec 28, 2019

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1703 » by el_Diablo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:22 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:These Lauri meltdowns are entertaining in an otherwise miserable stretch of Bulls basketball.


They truly are.

We were also 0-3 prior to the switch against weaker competition. So what is your point?


Wasn’t the talk about trying to play Lauri and Vuc more minutes together and not just give up on that after the opening 6 minutes of Vucevic’s first game?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1704 » by ZOMG » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:08 pm

DuckIII wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Maybe they should have given it more time. Maybe they’ll give it another look this season. But it’s hard to be too critical considering that the team played better after the switch.

It was definitely not a good move for Lauri. But for the team as a whole? What’s the argument that it was a step back on the court?


Better??

We're 0-3 since the switch.


That’s superficial analysis. Unless you are a fervent believer in the “Record with Lauri vs. Record without Lauri” argument. Which I assume you are not.

We were also 0-3 prior to the switch against weaker competition. So what is your point?

If we’ve been worse as a basketball team since the switch, explain how.
Especially considering our margin of defeat in the 3 games prior was 19 and since it’s been 8.

But if there is another way of looking at it, please share.


No no no. Let's not move the goalposts. I didn't claim we're WORSE after the switch. But YOU claimed we're BETTER.

As you said, the losing has continued. My point was that there's certainly no evidence that we've improved. The sample size is very small... but JFC, it's even smaller for the supposed "failure" of the Lauri/Vuc starting pair.

Changing the starting lineup is a pretty drastic move in the NBA, particularly when a career starter is moved to the bench. You don't do something like that as a lateral move. It has to improve the team somehow.

There is not a shred of evidence that this switch did. If anything, it marginalized Lauri even in the bench squad for some reason, which means that the 18ppg scorer we used to have is now MIA.

Is that a positive change to you?
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1705 » by ZOMG » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:16 pm

VolumePoster wrote:The last thing I'll say is that I think we went away from the Vuk/Lauri frontcourt way too quickly. I still think it was an overreaction to a terrible first game against a smooth veteran team. Lauris best play was with a big center, Robin Lopez, that allowed him to crash the boards and attack closeouts. I also like Thad better as the hub center of the second unit, and which has playmaking is badly needed.

Changing the starting unit so quickly seemed like a shortsighted, panic move, particularly when you compare it to the amount of leash that was given to White with the first unit.


Agree 100%.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 63,264
And1: 26,156
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1706 » by DuckIII » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:45 pm

ZOMG wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Better??

We're 0-3 since the switch.


That’s superficial analysis. Unless you are a fervent believer in the “Record with Lauri vs. Record without Lauri” argument. Which I assume you are not.

We were also 0-3 prior to the switch against weaker competition. So what is your point?

If we’ve been worse as a basketball team since the switch, explain how.
Especially considering our margin of defeat in the 3 games prior was 19 and since it’s been 8.

But if there is another way of looking at it, please share.


No no no. Let's not move the goalposts. I didn't claim we're WORSE after the switch. But YOU claimed we're BETTER.

As you said, the losing has continued. My point was that there's certainly no evidence that we've improved. The sample size is very small... but JFC, it's even smaller for the supposed "failure" of the Lauri/Vuc starting pair.

Changing the starting lineup is a pretty drastic move in the NBA, particularly when a career starter is moved to the bench. You don't do something like that as a lateral move. It has to improve the team somehow.

There is not a shred of evidence that this switch did. If anything, it marginalized Lauri even in the bench squad for some reason, which means that the 18ppg scorer we used to have is now MIA.

Is that a positive change to you?


The strength of schedule, the point differential, and the eye test for competitiveness all confirm the team played better after the switch. Objectively and subjectively. So what is the counter argument that the team as a whole has not been better since the switch? Its a pretty straight forward question.

I haven’t done a cross reference, but for example how do assists, turnovers, defensive stats, shooting, etc., look after the switch? Maybe worse. But it would be easy to look up if you have any interest in supporting the argument that the switch did not lead to better team play.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1707 » by ZOMG » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
That’s superficial analysis. Unless you are a fervent believer in the “Record with Lauri vs. Record without Lauri” argument. Which I assume you are not.

We were also 0-3 prior to the switch against weaker competition. So what is your point?

If we’ve been worse as a basketball team since the switch, explain how.
Especially considering our margin of defeat in the 3 games prior was 19 and since it’s been 8.

But if there is another way of looking at it, please share.


No no no. Let's not move the goalposts. I didn't claim we're WORSE after the switch. But YOU claimed we're BETTER.

As you said, the losing has continued. My point was that there's certainly no evidence that we've improved. The sample size is very small... but JFC, it's even smaller for the supposed "failure" of the Lauri/Vuc starting pair.

Changing the starting lineup is a pretty drastic move in the NBA, particularly when a career starter is moved to the bench. You don't do something like that as a lateral move. It has to improve the team somehow.

There is not a shred of evidence that this switch did. If anything, it marginalized Lauri even in the bench squad for some reason, which means that the 18ppg scorer we used to have is now MIA.

Is that a positive change to you?


The strength of schedule, the point differential, and the eye test for competitiveness all confirm the team played better after the switch. Objectively and subjectively.


"Eye test for competitiveness"? I guess we're seeing different things. Besides, Lauri started one game after the benching and got 16/10. It's pretty ridiculous to say that the sample size for Bench Lauri is big enough to say the team is better with him in the 2nd unit.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 63,264
And1: 26,156
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1708 » by DuckIII » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:14 pm

ZOMG wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
No no no. Let's not move the goalposts. I didn't claim we're WORSE after the switch. But YOU claimed we're BETTER.

As you said, the losing has continued. My point was that there's certainly no evidence that we've improved. The sample size is very small... but JFC, it's even smaller for the supposed "failure" of the Lauri/Vuc starting pair.

Changing the starting lineup is a pretty drastic move in the NBA, particularly when a career starter is moved to the bench. You don't do something like that as a lateral move. It has to improve the team somehow.

There is not a shred of evidence that this switch did. If anything, it marginalized Lauri even in the bench squad for some reason, which means that the 18ppg scorer we used to have is now MIA.

Is that a positive change to you?


The strength of schedule, the point differential, and the eye test for competitiveness all confirm the team played better after the switch. Objectively and subjectively.


"Eye test for competitiveness"? I guess we're seeing different things. Besides, Lauri started one game after the benching and got 16/10. It's pretty ridiculous to say that the sample size for Bench Lauri is big enough to say the team is better with him in the 2nd unit.


I’ll take that as confirmation that you have no way to objectively argue your point.

I’m not even saying the Bulls did the right thing. I’m saying it’s hard to be overly critical when the result was an uptick in team performance. Though it’s certainly an awful turn of events for Lauri as an individual.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
chefo
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 1,827
Joined: Apr 29, 2009

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1709 » by chefo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:24 pm

I honestly don’t get rooting against your once second most talented player, hoping that he can’t put it together and gloating when he’s down after a drastic team change.

The Bulls odds of being relevant in the short term, both pre and post trade were dependent on Lauri putting it together. Even when Lauri was playing his best ball and Zach was throwing fireballs, the team couldn’t crack .500. We don’t have enough talent to hope that the little that we do have can’t put it together.

We only have 3 guys on the roster who are talented enough to get you 20 ppg efficiently, if given enough touches. Lauri imploding while Zach Is reverting to pre Donovan Zach post Asb is about the worst possible outcome I can think about.

Trading 10 ppg Wendell and demoting 18ppg Lauri for a 20ppg Vuc and now 10ppg marginalized Lauri changes about zilch in the scheme of things.

The only way to get better was if Lauri was featured more alongside Vuc and thus Vuc’s production is cumulative and not a replacement for Lauri’s.

Lauri’s touches were dropping to 4th level option even before the trade (this has just been exaggerated post trade), which is highly dependent on hot and cold streaks and now he’s third guy off the bench in terms of touches.

It’s obvious when you watch the team play, btw. He’s been told to park his backside in the weak side corner and stay there— aka, the Boylen Maneuver. And frankly, as I wrote, after he got a big, bold FU a couple of games ago, he’s showing the middle finger back to the coaching staff and I’m not blaming him.

I’m a Bulls fan first and foremost, and as I’ve written before, when Lauri goes, which looks a foregone conclusion now, I sure hope it doesn’t turn into another Sabonis situation.

I am upset because the team seems to have a lot of ingredients, but can only cook up a Shyte meal out of them and it’s a rolling game of which Bull will implode next— with Coby, WCJ and PaW sharing the spotlight earlier, now to be joined by the one guy that has shown actual flashes of high level production.
User avatar
JohnnyTapwater
Veteran
Posts: 2,872
And1: 1,316
Joined: Nov 06, 2009
Location: Chicago
   

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1710 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:37 pm

I wonder what teams were offering for Lauri.
the ultimates
Analyst
Posts: 3,406
And1: 1,457
Joined: Jul 06, 2012

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1711 » by the ultimates » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:47 pm

Here is the problem with Lauri and the efficiency argument. He's efficient because he gets good looks from other players. He doesn't consistently create good looks or efficient shots for himself or others. For the vast majority of NBA second options you can give them the ball on the wing, post, elbow, top of the key, or on pick and roll and they'll go to work. Lauri doesn't do that. His main weapon is his three-point shooting which will always be a heavily assisted shot because he can't get those looks for himself. True second options are not at the whim of teammates getting them open looks.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,476
And1: 7,952
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1712 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:57 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:I wonder what teams were offering for Lauri.


No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.
CobyWhite0
Junior
Posts: 431
And1: 347
Joined: Dec 28, 2020
 

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1713 » by CobyWhite0 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:44 am

Lauri continues to see his 3pt% plummet back to his career numbers.

He's now down to 37.8% on the season, as he continues to work his was down to his career 36%. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he goes to Europe this summer - he can shoot 3's from 18 inches closer than in the NBA, and his lack of rebounding and defense won't be nearly as detrimental to his team.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1714 » by ZOMG » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:20 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:I wonder what teams were offering for Lauri.


No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.


We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,476
And1: 7,952
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1715 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:31 am

ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:I wonder what teams were offering for Lauri.


No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.


We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


Lauri actually went into the post yesterday and took advantage of mismatches. Just imagine if he had put any effort into developing that ability over the last 4 years. If he really leans into that could really help his trajectory regardless of where he is next season.
BullChit
Veteran
Posts: 2,773
And1: 883
Joined: Jan 17, 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1716 » by BullChit » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:48 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.


We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


Lauri actually went into the post yesterday and took advantage of mismatches. Just imagine if he had put any effort into developing that ability over the last 4 years. If he really leans into that could really help his trajectory regardless of where he is next season.
Yeah and he looked good doing it... Like a 7 footer should against smaller players.

There were a few times where he had the a smaller defender on him and instead of demanding the ball he ran back out to the 3 point line to run the play. He needs to be more assertive in those situations.

And before Lauri fans attack I know some of those were on the ball handlers going away from him but there were some where he just gave up on it early.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Hinrich: No Shot: Missed 1:41
nba.com

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take Kirk.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1717 » by ZOMG » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:55 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.


We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


Lauri actually went into the post yesterday and took advantage of mismatches. Just imagine if he had put any effort into developing that ability over the last 4 years. If he really leans into that could really help his trajectory regardless of where he is next season.


While he should have a few dependable post moves, nobody's going to pay him to bang in the low post. He'll never be good enough at it, and the league as a whole is going away from that stuff anyway.

The way we're relying on slooooow post-ups right now must look pretty alien to the rest of the NBA.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,269
And1: 3,158
Joined: Dec 31, 2013

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1718 » by ZOMG » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:00 am

BullChit wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


Lauri actually went into the post yesterday and took advantage of mismatches. Just imagine if he had put any effort into developing that ability over the last 4 years. If he really leans into that could really help his trajectory regardless of where he is next season.
Yeah and he looked good doing it... Like a 7 footer should against smaller players.

There were a few times where he had the a smaller defender on him and instead of demanding the ball he ran back out to the 3 point line to run the play. He needs to be more assertive in those situations.

And before Lauri fans attack I know some of those were on the ball handlers going away from him but there were some where he just gave up on it early.


In 3 big lineups like we saw against the Nets a few times, the paint is crowded. In one occasion, Stacey wondered by Lauri didn't take some smaller player into the post... but he failed to recognize that both Vucevic AND Thad were already there - with their defenders. Lauri was playing the "SF" role.

We all know Lauri can float at times, but he's also spent so much time as a perimeter spacer that he probably has an instinct by now to uphold the balance on the floor. And that's fine. This is exatly where you need an experienced playmaker to direct people away from the post area so Markkanen can go to work.

We don't have anyone like that. Zach can't see it and Sato is not assertive enough.
Current status: ACTIVE
Former status: BANNED FOR DERAILING DISCUSSION
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,476
And1: 7,952
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1719 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:28 am

ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


Lauri actually went into the post yesterday and took advantage of mismatches. Just imagine if he had put any effort into developing that ability over the last 4 years. If he really leans into that could really help his trajectory regardless of where he is next season.


While he should have a few dependable post moves, nobody's going to pay him to bang in the low post. He'll never be good enough at it, and the league as a whole is going away from that stuff anyway.

The way we're relying on slooooow post-ups right now must look pretty alien to the rest of the NBA.


Jokic and Embiid post up more than Vuc does. It’s not like you can’t be successful doing it. Most teams just don’t have a center capable of doing it. And it’s not like that all Vuc does. He can score from anywhere with a variety of moves. And he is good passer. Bulls don’t really know how to play with him yet either. There aren’t many centers that can guard him in the paint and if he gets a mismatch forget about it.

But if you are content with 7 footer that does nothing but shoot jump shots and is only average at that then so be it. Seems you don’t want him improve. He will have me the one to adjust. What is doing now isn’t gonna make him any more than just another guy on a roster. Bargnani like.
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,503
And1: 6,122
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Lauri Markkanen Discussion Thread 

Post#1720 » by Dez » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:13 am

ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:I wonder what teams were offering for Lauri.


No first round picks. Otherwise he would be gone. Pelicans wanted Lauri and a 1st for Ball.


We have absolutely zero facts. Just Twitter rumors. It's funny to me what when it comes to Lauri, everyone's pretending to know what really happened... while at the same time, NOBODY saw the Vuc trade coming. Nobody.

We don't know what was offered for him, how serious the offers were or what AK's plan for him was/is. We do not know.

Anyway, it's been explained a million times why the trade market was never going to be hot for Lauri. I get that there's an agenda to make the situation look like the trade offers paint a picture of his worth around the league... but the true picture will emerge in the offseason. This is basically how it goes with non-stars who are going to be RFA's soon.


But when it came to him being apparently "lowballed" by AK you were happy to take that as fact, you can't have it both ways.

Return to Chicago Bulls