Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Fans Chant 'FIRE GARPAX' During Lavine ESPN Interview

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Re: Bulls Fans Chant 'FIRE GARPAX' During Lavine ESPN Interview 

Post#121 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 am

Am2626 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
bullsnewdynasty wrote:The thing that bothers me the most is that Reinsdorf/GarPax get ZERO heat and I do mean zero from the local media, while the FO of other Chicago teams get excoriated for far smaller failures. That's not even mentioning the national media which barely gives them a glance.

Yeah I never understood that. I don’t know if it is because the Bears and Cubs are more popular and people just care more about those teams or if it is something else. Doesn’t Reinsdorf have some sort of media ownership with Chicago Sportsnet? Maybe that influences things.

It really is the fact that the Bulls are not as popular as the other teams. No one cares except us zealots. Plus the ownership of the Blackhawks when Wirtz owned them, everyone who owned the Cubs prior to the Ricketts and The Mccaskey family all make Reinsdorf look like a great owner. He is far far far from the worst owner this city has had in a much less valued team.

In fairness he was burnt to a crisp in 99 after the dynasty broke up but at that point there was still interest in the Bulls. Still in 99 he was the best owner in Chicago by a country mile.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#122 » by dice » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:28 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
dougthonus wrote: I was more discussing when people slip from demanding job performance into forming personal opinions about the people involved.

To be fair, the Chicago Bulls Vice-President of Operations has physically assaulted a former coach over difference of opinion.

it was not a "difference of opinion." it was repeated insubordination, plain and simple. doesn't excuse the physical contact (the word assault insinuates more than it was), but there's no need to distort what happened

He has also lashed out with tempter tantrums against various members of the Chicago Sports media over legit questions being asked of him.

unless i'm forgetting something, the picture you're trying to paint here is also something of a distortion
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#123 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:17 am

dice wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
dougthonus wrote: I was more discussing when people slip from demanding job performance into forming personal opinions about the people involved.

To be fair, the Chicago Bulls Vice-President of Operations has physically assaulted a former coach over difference of opinion.

it was not a "difference of opinion." it was repeated insubordination, plain and simple. doesn't excuse the physical contact (the word assault insinuates more than it was), but there's no need to distort what happened

He has also lashed out with tempter tantrums against various members of the Chicago Sports media over legit questions being asked of him.

unless i'm forgetting something, the picture you're trying to paint here is also something of a distortion

Is he referencing the interview on the score last year with McNeil and Parkins? Yeah he came off a little hot. The it surely wasn’t a temper tantrum. It was fun to listen to though he was salty.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#124 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
#sadbullsfan
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach

Post#125 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 am

Read on Twitter
#sadbullsfan
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach

Post#126 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 am

#sadbullsfan
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#127 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:53 am

This was gold! More of this thru the all star game, please!
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#128 » by rtblues » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:50 pm

League Circles wrote:
rtblues wrote:I thought it reached max-level embarrassment when the host had to tell the fans to stop chanting.
Hoping they chant their lungs out all during the ASG. Gar-Pax ARE an embarrassment and karma's a bitch, and now there is
nothing they can do about it either except sit there and take it. You reap just what you sow in this life...

Lol karma? You act like picking the wrong players and coaches is some kind of moral failing.

Here I revised it, removing the word that got you going. Maybe this stripped down version states the case more succinctly:

I thought it reached max-level embarrassment when the host had to tell the fans to stop chanting.
Hoping they chant their lungs out all during the ASG. Gar-Pax ARE an embarrassment, and now there is
nothing they can do about it either except sit there and take it.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016

Return to Chicago Bulls