Image ImageImage Image

Carter Jr: I want to play at the 4 next year

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Re: Carter Jr: I want to play at the 4 next year 

Post#141 » by MadGrinch » Wed Mar 4, 2020 3:08 pm

I honestly agree with him , i think he's a 4 in the mold of al horford and derrick favors , they can play some smallball 5 and he is a plus defender most nights and at WCJ's age that is huge , he'll probably level out at elite or near elite level defensively as a big , someone who can aptly defend the rim and switch , plus rebound , that is not a drag offensively , he can hit a mid-range probably get it to 3 point range eventually , pass a little and is big enough/strong enough to be able to take advantage of switches in the post .

but the hyper athletic and the really big centers are going to be a problem , this whole thing is an issue because he got outplayed by mitchell robinson.

lauri and wendell aren't a great fit together and Lauri's main issue to me is usage ,if you are not a plus defender you need to be a plus on offense and in this offense he isn't used enough to offset his defensive and rebounding issues and it doesn't look like it will change going forward, so his value will only decrease with time .

so they should trade Lauri for either a long term fit at the 5 or the 3
Its because I'm green isn't it?
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#142 » by Bandit King » Thu Mar 5, 2020 5:23 pm

I want to be coach but doesn't mean I'm qualified!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,797

Post#143 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 5, 2020 12:09 am

Seems like as good of spot as any to put this

Read on Twitter
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,676

Post#144 » by Dez » Sun Apr 5, 2020 12:16 am

Jcool0 wrote:Seems like as good of spot as any to put this

Read on Twitter

Interesting response? It's one that doesn't make sense.

He has no say in where he goes for a number of years so the question itself was pointless.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#145 » by Nikola » Sun Apr 5, 2020 12:50 am

Bad look for Carter Jr.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#146 » by keloms » Sun Apr 5, 2020 6:42 am

Nikola wrote:Bad look for Carter Jr.

Bad look for the Bulls when a second year player already appears to be expressing doubt on their long term future with the organization.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#147 » by pipfan » Sun Apr 5, 2020 6:57 am

All that nonsense changes once we have a real GM/coach and make the 8th seed next year. Our future prospects look very bright, very quickly, once this s---show of leadership we have changes
White/Sato
Lavine/Sato
Porter/Hutch
Lauri/Young
Carter/Gafford
with some deep bench pieces makes the playoffs with a real coach. Not a contender yet, but all young and solid-IF HEALTHY
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#148 » by TeamMan » Sun Apr 5, 2020 8:02 am

TeamMan wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
WCJ is clearly a center and definitely not a tweener.

At 6’9” he’s definitely an undersized center and we’ve seen bigger centers give him problems throughout his career. Hard to imagine him playing the power forward at 280lbs in 2020 though. He’d be a great Antonio Davis/PJ Brown type player in the 90s.

I will say this, Carter is perpetually dissatisfied with his role dating back to his Duke days.

The article correctly said that he was measured at 6-9.

But falsely gives his weight at "close to 280".

He was measured at 255.

---------------------------------
From a historical standpoint, he had the same problem at Duke because he was recruited to play PF, but was moved to center after Bagley later joined the team.

So, this is no news.

I also made a voting thread to find out how many people thought he should be tried at the 4, and Hutch should be tried at the 2.

It was about 50% that WCJ should be tried at the 4.

So, I think that a lot of people would like to see it.

However, the "unspoken" part of this is that it sets up a trade in this year's draft where the Bulls move either WCJ or Lauri.

And for me, it makes total sense.
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#149 » by bullslas » Sun Apr 5, 2020 4:01 pm

He will be the first person traded. He’s always injured, and he’s still living off of one summer league where he had a ton of blocks.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#150 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sun Apr 5, 2020 4:15 pm

bullslas wrote:He will be the first person traded. He’s always injured, and he’s still living off of one summer league where he had a ton of blocks.
How did you manage to be wrong on everything you posted?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#151 » by bullslas » Sun Apr 5, 2020 6:53 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
bullslas wrote:He will be the first person traded. He’s always injured, and he’s still living off of one summer league where he had a ton of blocks.

What exactly is wrong? He is fragile and has done nothing. He is now demanding what position he is because he has failed at the 5. He can’t shoot/scared to shoot.

Bulls at best get a late teens draft pick for him. Please don’t overvalue another Bulls player as it seems everyone loves to overvalue our players.

He has proven nothing and his future is probably a backup 4/5, not a starter in this NBA.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#152 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Apr 5, 2020 7:06 pm

He’s showing he’s more of a clown with more of this diva BS.

I’m fine moving him. Let someone else deal with his ego. He hasn’t proven anything in this league.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#153 » by erlim » Sun Apr 5, 2020 7:30 pm

We’ve got nothing going for us, so why not?
Magic beans
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#154 » by Magic beans » Sun Apr 5, 2020 8:17 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:He’s showing he’s more of a clown with more of this diva BS.

I’m fine moving him. Let someone else deal with his ego. He hasn’t proven anything in this league.

Agreed. Hasn’t proven anywhere near enough to warrant this type of behaviour. You could argue injuries, poor coaching etc but I just feel WCJ lacks talent and has been overrated since the day he got drafted. Overvalued by the FO to protect their draft selection?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#155 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Apr 5, 2020 10:40 pm

After all the incompetence that's happened over the last two seasons, you guys are perturbed that a player is not instinctively enthusiastic about the thought of being here for the long haul.

Alright.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#156 » by drosereturn » Sun Apr 5, 2020 11:00 pm

Magic beans wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:He’s showing he’s more of a clown with more of this diva BS.

Agreed. Hasn’t proven anywhere near enough to warrant this type of behaviour. You could argue injuries, poor coaching etc but I just feel WCJ lacks talent and has been overrated since the day he got drafted. Overvalued by the FO to protect their draft selection?

Lavine previously showed this type of attitude problem. Now its Carter. When your not playing well, you need to shut up and let your play do the talking. Having a negative attitude wont certainly help your NBA career.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach

Post#157 » by Dez » Sun Apr 5, 2020 11:50 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
Magic beans wrote:

Lavine previously showed this type of attitude problem. Now its Carter. When your not playing well, you need to shut up and let your play do the talking. Having a negative attitude wont certainly help your NBA career.

As usual everything is false here, care to share actual evidence of this for once?
Dez
Head Coach

Post#158 » by Dez » Sun Apr 5, 2020 11:52 pm

How was that diva BS?
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#159 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 12:46 am

Not a fan of the response. Dude has barely played, and has been mediocre at best and out of shape half the time. Whatever, bud. No one cares.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#160 » by boozapalooza » Mon Apr 6, 2020 1:12 am

bullslas wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:

What exactly is wrong? He is fragile and has done nothing. He is now demanding what position he is because he has failed at the 5. He can’t shoot/scared to shoot.

Bulls at best get a late teens draft pick for him. Please don’t overvalue another Bulls player as it seems everyone loves to overvalue our players.

He has proven nothing and his future is probably a backup 4/5, not a starter in this NBA.

My goodness dude....WCJ is STILL only 20 years old. Younger than a lot of guys in this draft. He would be a top 10 pick in this draft easy. Averaged nearly a double double here in his 2nd season at age 20 and you think he’s not a starter in this league? He can’t shoot? He’s at least shown he has a midrange jumper and good shooting form.

Trading WCJ and only getting a non-lotto pick back would be the most moronic move the Bulls could make. We invested the 7th pick on the guy not even two years ago. You don’t sell low like that on a guy who has actually shown he can play (when healthy), and has been stuck with incompetent coaches and mediocre talent around him. Any smart franchise that trades the 19th pick for WCJ would be fleecing us.

Bottom line is we shouldn’t consider selling low on Lauri or Wendell without seeing what they are capable of with a decent coaching staff and competent players around them. Unless we get an offer we can’t refuse, both guys deserve another year here.

Return to Chicago Bulls