Image ImageImage Image

Carter Jr: I want to play at the 4 next year

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Re: Carter Jr: I want to play at the 4 next year 

Post#161 » by bullsnewdynasty » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:56 am

Dez wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:He’s showing he’s more of a clown with more of this diva BS.

I’m fine moving him. Let someone else deal with his ego. He hasn’t proven anything in this league.

How was that diva BS?

Because he's always complaining about something even though he hasn't earned anything. Be thankful you're in the league and prove yourself more.

It's hard to build a winning culture with players who are injured all the time and don't even want to play here. Not to mention demanding to play a position that he is not qualified to play.

The guy is clearly delusional about how good he is. He actually thinks that Bagley overshadowed him in college and now Lauri is supposedly taking his spot at the pro level.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,676

Post#162 » by Dez » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:09 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:
Dez wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:He’s showing he’s more of a clown with more of this diva BS.

I’m fine moving him. Let someone else deal with his ego. He hasn’t proven anything in this league.

How was that diva BS?

Because he's always complaining about something even though he hasn't earned anything. Be thankful you're in the league and prove yourself more.

It's hard to build a winning culture with players who are injured all the time and don't even want to play here. Not to mention demanding to play a position that he is not qualified to play.

The guy is clearly delusional about how good he is. He actually thinks that Bagley overshadowed him in college and now Lauri is supposedly taking his spot at the pro level.

None of this is what occurred though.

- Didn't say anything about not wanting to be here
- Didn't demand to play the 4, said he would like to (big difference)
- Being confident in your abilities doesn't equate to being delusional
- He willingly took a backseat to Bagley who if I'm not mistaken was a late addition originally not going to Duke
- Didn't say that Lauri was taking his spot either

You're just making assumptions.
Magic beans
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#163 » by Magic beans » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:29 pm

boozapalooza wrote:
bullslas wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:How did you manage to be wrong on everything you posted?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

What exactly is wrong? He is fragile and has done nothing. He is now demanding what position he is because he has failed at the 5. He can’t shoot/scared to shoot.

Bulls at best get a late teens draft pick for him. Please don’t overvalue another Bulls player as it seems everyone loves to overvalue our players.

He has proven nothing and his future is probably a backup 4/5, not a starter in this NBA.

My goodness dude....WCJ is STILL only 20 years old. Younger than a lot of guys in this draft. He would be a top 10 pick in this draft easy. Averaged nearly a double double here in his 2nd season at age 20 and you think he’s not a starter in this league? He can’t shoot? He’s at least shown he has a midrange jumper and good shooting form.

Trading WCJ and only getting a non-lotto pick back would be the most moronic move the Bulls could make. We invested the 7th pick on the guy not even two years ago. You don’t sell low like that on a guy who has actually shown he can play (when healthy), and has been stuck with incompetent coaches and mediocre talent around him. Any smart franchise that trades the 19th pick for WCJ would be fleecing us.

Bottom line is we shouldn’t consider selling low on Lauri or Wendell without seeing what they are capable of with a decent coaching staff and competent players around them. Unless we get an offer we can’t refuse, both guys deserve another year here.

I’m not in love with WCJ at all. I think he badly needs a reality check regarding his performances thus far. Age and potential to develop our on his side. But I’m all in on moving Laurie. Plays soft with zero heart. Unacceptable for fans.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#164 » by bullsnewdynasty » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:09 pm

Dez wrote:
bullsnewdynasty wrote:
Dez wrote:How was that diva BS?

None of this is what occurred though.

- Didn't say anything about not wanting to be here
- Didn't demand to play the 4, said he would like to (big difference)
- Being confident in your abilities doesn't equate to being delusional
- He willingly took a backseat to Bagley who if I'm not mistaken was a late addition originally not going to Duke
- Didn't say that Lauri was taking his spot either

You're just making assumptions.

1) When asked if he wanted to be here, did not give a direct answer
2) The fact that he said it to the media shows he is unhappy with his role
3) Who cares? Nobody wants to hear it, show it on the court
4) He and his family blamed Bagley for taking the spotlight off WCJ even though Bagley is clearly the better/more talented player - shows a selfish, individual mentality instead of team concept, why is he always complaining?
5) Lauri already plays the 4, by virtue of saying he wants to play the 4
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: Carter Jr: I want to play at thwe 4 next year 

Post#165 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:05 am

Draft Wizeman and let Carter and Markkanen fight for the PF job.
Dollop
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#166 » by Dollop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:32 am

If Zion can play the four than so can Wendell.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#167 » by sco » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:04 pm

I gotta think a new GM/Coach will give an emotional lift to all of these young guys.
:clap:
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#168 » by erlim » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:07 pm

I just don’t care. I have no attachment to the Hoiball-Boyball era rosters. Get rid of Lauri, Lavine, Carter, Coby, whoever. And especially don’t keep guys like garbo Valentine.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#169 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Dollop wrote:If Zion can play the four than so can Wendell.

Why? It's not like they are similar players...at all.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Re: Carter Jr: I want to play at thwe 4 next year 

Post#170 » by TeamMan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:42 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:Draft Wizeman and let Carter and Markkanen fight for the PF job.

Partially agree.

If we don't get a high enough pick in the lottery, then trade WCJ or Lauri to get the pick.

If we do get the pick, trade one of them for a SF and move Hutch to SG.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#171 » by Southpaw » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:47 pm

erlim wrote:I just don’t care. I have no attachment to the Hoiball-Boyball era rosters. Get rid of Lauri, Lavine, Carter, Coby, whoever. And especially don’t keep guys like garbo Valentine.

I hear ya. i wouldn't be surprised if none of these guys are here in 2022.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#172 » by nomorezorro » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Dez wrote:He's 20 years old playing for a lemon of a head coach that's instilled a stupid defensive scheme that doesn't play to his strength (or anyone's strength for that matter).

This fan base has serious issues with patience.

seriously, this thread is nuts. 20 year old with basically one season under his belt. dude has looked solid as a defensive big from day one & people are eager to cut bait

obviously he should never play the four, but players say dumb things all the time. good thing he's not the coach!
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#173 » by nomorezorro » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:13 pm

i haaaaaaaaate the idea of drafting another big in the lottery for the third time in four years. centers aren't that important and we have two capable young ones on our team already!
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,619

Post#174 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:49 pm

From my vantage point, I feel like the primary knock on WCJ right now is his durability. And it’s a significant knock. But in terms of what he can do versus what he could be, he is one of maybe 4 players on this team that’s worth keeping. Not necessarily because of what he is now. But because of the value that he’s going to have as this league continues to evolve. I can almost see the league circling back to an era where the versatile big is going to be at a premium. By continuing to grow and develop WCJ, we could be giving ourselves a chance to jump the curve since he’s so young. But we have to be patient. In a day and age where one dimensional bigs are getting max level deals, guys like WCJ are going to become very valuable.
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 720

Post#175 » by chicago paxsons » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:From my vantage point, I feel like the primary knock on WCJ right now is his durability. And it’s a significant knock. But in terms of what he can do versus what he could be, he is one of maybe 4 players on this team that’s worth keeping. Not necessarily because of what he is now. But because of the value that he’s going to have as this league continues to evolve. I can almost see the league circling back to an era where the versatile big is going to be at a premium. By continuing to grow and develop WCJ, we could be giving ourselves a chance to jump the curve since he’s so young. But we have to be patient. In a day and age where one dimensional bigs are getting max level deals, guys like WCJ are going to become very valuable.

When it comes to wendell’s durability, i’m not sure you can hold it against him yet. Just look at the bulls as a whole, they are constantly injured, the only one not being lavine. I don’t know the cause, it probably involves the medical and training staff, but this pattern i don’t doubt is related to being on the bulls. If wendell was somewhere else, who knows how often he’d be injured.

If a team has an injured year, it happens, no control but if it happens year after year as it has been happening then there is a serious problem behind the scenes.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#176 » by The Box Office » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 pm

nomorezorro wrote:i haaaaaaaaate the idea of drafting another big in the lottery for the third time in four years. centers aren't that important and we have two capable young ones on our team already!

Me as well. That's why I'm in for LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards. I'm ok with Killian Hayes, too. I just pursue a trade for Rudy Gobert for Lauri+draft pick if Utah wanted it.
TheEndIsNigh
Junior
And1: 472

Post#177 » by TheEndIsNigh » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Dollop wrote:If Zion can play the four than so can Wendell.

If water can quench your thirst, then so can motor oil.
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#178 » by Jello Biafra » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:22 pm

I've said it several times before, but the biggest issue with Wendell is that he can't catch the ball. He fumbles 80% of the balls passed to him and loses at least 40%. He can't control lobs. He doesn't anticipate bounce passes when he makes a baseline cut (or any kind of cut to the rim) and he fumbles the ball when he gets fed in the post. You can see the hesitance of Zach/Coby/Sato to throw him the ball in screen roll because he doesn't catch it. Gafford is more effective offensively even with a more limited game because he can catch and finish. If I had to choose between Lauri and WCJ right now, I'm taking Lauri.
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 720

Post#179 » by chicago paxsons » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:I've said it several times before, but the biggest issue with Wendell is that he can't catch the ball. He fumble's 80 percent of the balls passed to them and loses at least 40% of them. He can't control lobs. He doesn't anticipate bounce passes when he makes a baseline cut (or any kind of cut) to the rim and he fumbles the ball when he gets fed in the post. You can see the hesitance of Zach/Coby/Sato to throw him the ball in screen roll because he doesn't catch it. Gafford is more effective offensively even with a more limited game because he can catch and finish. The modern center is truly useless if he can't catch the few opportunities he gets to finish around the rim.

That absolutely is one of the biggest things wendell needs to work on, but one issue is that in this offense, in this system, he has NO consistent offensive role. That reason alone makes it harder to get comfortable in the offense and find any semblance of consistency or flow.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#180 » by madvillian » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:44 pm

chicago paxsons wrote:
Jello Biafra wrote:I've said it several times before, but the biggest issue with Wendell is that he can't catch the ball. He fumble's 80 percent of the balls passed to them and loses at least 40% of them. He can't control lobs. He doesn't anticipate bounce passes when he makes a baseline cut (or any kind of cut) to the rim and he fumbles the ball when he gets fed in the post. You can see the hesitance of Zach/Coby/Sato to throw him the ball in screen roll because he doesn't catch it. Gafford is more effective offensively even with a more limited game because he can catch and finish. The modern center is truly useless if he can't catch the few opportunities he gets to finish around the rim.

That absolutely is one of the biggest things wendell needs to work on, but one issue is that in this offense, in this system, he has NO consistent offensive role. That reason alone makes it harder to get comfortable in the offense and find any semblance of consistency or flow.

well what offensive skillset does he have? Let me preface this by saying I think he's a very useful 5, not a star, but a guy that could anchor your defense on a contender with creators around him.

But offensively he's:

got a slow, mediocre jump shot
poor hands, struggles to finish through contact, gets stripped easily
limited vision and no handle
poor instincts, often passes when he should shoot and vice versa

There's no **** way this guy is a 4 in today's NBA. He's a slightly undersized defensive stopper. He could turn into a very well rounded player by the time he's 27-28 (borderline all-star like Noah) but will Chicago wait?

I don't think anybody right now is untouchable.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls