Image ImageImage Image

Swinging for singles: Cheap FA targets to fill gaps

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Re: Swinging for singles: Cheap FA targets to fill gaps 

Post#21 » by drosestruts » Thu Apr 9, 2020 6:44 pm

Shane Larkin could be an option. Euroleague MVP this season, still only 27.

Scored 22 pts per game, shot 50% from three, dished 4 assists per game, got nearly 6 free-throw attempts per game and shot 90% from the line.

He's a smart, efficient scorer who has speed, good handles, and good vision.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#22 » by Bulldog23 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:23 pm

So there are three types of free agents that I want the Bulls to focus on: 1.) 2-3 player 2.) 3-4 player 3.) 4-5 guy

2-3 guys: Sterling Brown, Solomon Hill
3-4 guy: Harkless, J Grant, J Crowder
4-5 guy: Vonleh, Plumley, Favors(expensive)
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#23 » by 2018C3 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:55 pm

I kind off expect to see a large multi-player trade to happen sometime within the next year as AK starts to build his plan.

It will be a interesting next few years, as I think its reasonable to get ready for much more movement than we have been accustomed to in theses past few seasons.

I kind of hope Ak decides to keep Gafford around for a while, and does not automatically toss him into some deal as a unnecessary cheap filler piece.

As it stands now, all players are probably up for grabs if there is a interesting trade to be made. Its hard to imagine what holes need to be filled, as our core will most likely change sooner rather than later.

The past front office had emotions invested into these picks, AK is coming in as a outsider with no emotional investment attached. To him thees guys right now are just trading cards that will be used to build his vision.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#24 » by sco » Sun May 17, 2020 4:10 pm

2018C3 wrote:I kind off expect to see a large multi-player trade to happen sometime within the next year as AK starts to build his plan.

It will be a interesting next few years, as I think its reasonable to get ready for much more movement than we have been accustomed to in theses past few seasons.

I kind of hope Ak decides to keep Gafford around for a while, and does not automatically toss him into some deal as a unnecessary cheap filler piece.

As it stands now, all players are probably up for grabs if there is a interesting trade to be made. Its hard to imagine what holes need to be filled, as our core will most likely change sooner rather than later.

The past front office had emotions invested into these picks, AK is coming in as a outsider with no emotional investment attached. To him thees guys right now are just trading cards that will be used to build his vision.

I think we need to add a young PF and another viable SF to give us depth for Lauri/Otto potential injuries/trades at deadline.
:clap:
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#25 » by 2018C3 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:15 pm

As a new GM AK also has the rare opportunity to have time on his side, so he may trade players like Zach, Wendell, Cobe, and Lauri for other guys or future assets who might fit into his long term plan better.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#26 » by drosereturn » Sun May 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:So there are three types of free agents that I want the Bulls to focus on: 1.) 2-3 player 2.) 3-4 player 3.) 4-5 guy

I like pretty much all of them esp Harkless/Crowder/Vonleh/Favors if signed for cheap MLE~10 MIL deals and shuffle out Sato/Young although they were decent.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#27 » by Chi town » Sun May 17, 2020 6:51 pm

I don’t see any FAs with this falling cap. Def no FA without a trade.

Dunn and Val May be our best bets as depth signings.

Our greatest need is a facilitator. That will add more value than anything.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#28 » by Pax for Prez » Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Bulls will have 3 open roster spots if the following players are not retained (Dunn, Valentine & Harrison) Porter will opt in.

I think they draft 2 players (1st & 2nd (Memphis pick)) to fill 2 spots and keep 1 open spot for flexibility for trades.

Pax
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#29 » by Red8911 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:Bulls will have 3 open roster spots if the following players are not retained (Dunn, Valentine & Harrison) Porter will opt in.

I think they draft 2 players (1st & 2nd (Memphis pick)) to fill 2 spots and keep 1 open spot for flexibility for trades.

Pax

I hope they are more creative than that. AK probably has some kind of changes in mind.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#30 » by Pax for Prez » Sun May 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:Bulls will have 3 open roster spots if the following players are not retained (Dunn, Valentine & Harrison) Porter will opt in.

Pax

I hope they are more creative than that. AK probably has some kind of changes in mind.

My belief is AK will me looking to trade more to shake up the roster than sign a lower tier FA.

Pax
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#31 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:40 am

We probably wont see BIG ROSTER shakeup,but we might see 1 major trade and some other tweaks in roster.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#32 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue May 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Is next years cap figure an unknown at this time?

Although cap figures only seem to hold back teams like chicago, didnt slow down the big spenders much.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#33 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed May 20, 2020 1:14 am

Resign this guy:

Sign this guy:

Shaq Harrison is a good reserve defensive guard, and Allonzo Trier could be an instant offense reserve since Coby White will be in the starting lineup.
ROLES & HOLES
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#34 » by sco » Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:Resign this guy:

Sign this guy:

Shaq Harrison is a good reserve defensive guard, and Allonzo Trier could be an instant offense reserve since Coby White will be in the starting lineup.

I am a fan of bringing back Shaq. He is every bit the defender that Dunn is, and will likely come cheaper. Offensively, I saw some strides from him this year - he's still bad offensively, but I think he can improve his ability to finish at the rim and limit his mistakes enough to limit hurting the team on that end.

Trier could be a nice add on a reasonable deal to provide offense. I'm not so sure he'll be gettable on a reasonable deal.
:clap:
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#35 » by rtblues » Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 am

If this story has any legs, it changes everything,
Report: Some NBA executives want amnesty clause to return
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-some-nba-executives-want-amnesty-clause-to-return/ar-BB14bMFR
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#36 » by Bulldog23 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:So there are three types of free agents that I want the Bulls to focus on: 1.) 2-3 player 2.) 3-4 player 3.) 4-5 guy

To the 3-4 list I want to add Semi Ojeley.

Except for Vonleh...I see these other guys getting $10 mil at least... and Favors probably much more than $15.

Return to Chicago Bulls