Image ImageImage Image

Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread:

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,795

Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread: 

Post#1 » by jc23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Since all of us are staying inside for an increased amount of time i thought it would be cool to have a thread where people can recommend activates for one another to pass the time. Some examples...

Shows/Movies and their respective streaming site
    Books
    Gaming
    Online education courses
    Exercises you can do at home
    Health tips
    Food recipes
    A fun Arts and Crafts project for the kids

To start it off here is a youtube link to a sweet lady who has since passed away but made some very nice videos about what her and her family would eat during the depression.

Plenty of recipes to check out and apparently new content is coming.
Be curious, Not judgmental
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Re: Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread: 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Holy hell, highly recommend this train wreck:

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#3 » by Payt10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Holy hell, highly recommend this train wreck:

Finished it the other day. It's a tough watch if you're someone who is sensitive to the treatment of animals, like myself, but no doubt fascinating at the same time. Nobody comes out looking good in this documentary, in my opinion.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#4 » by CBS7 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Primitive Technology on YouTube. Australian guy using primitive technology out in nature to make buildings, tools, etc. I find his videos therapeutic.

Also, Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#5 » by Payt10 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:27 pm

Ozark season 3 came out last night! Finished the first two episodes last night. Can't wait to finish it this weekend.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#6 » by AKfanatic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:36 pm

CBS7 wrote:Primitive Technology on YouTube. Australian guy using primitive technology out in nature to make buildings, tools, etc. I find his videos therapeutic.

Whoa whoa whoa, better?

Different... both excellent and Saul is absolutely worth watching. Not sure about better though.

Agree with Payt10 on Ozark, great show. I’m starting season 3 tonight.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,693

Post#7 » by nitetrain8603 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Ozark, Narcos, Breaking Bad - All Excellent
Workouts - Planks, Squats, Lunges, Job (not at the park, any trail, lakefront; in the streets around your neighborhood)
Youtube Wormholes - I like music alot, so I love to see Music documentaries and how songs are made - here are a few:
*Demi Lovato - Simply Complicated
*Lou Pearlman - I forget the name, but he's the one who founded Backstreet Boys, NSync & O-Town;
*Ryan Leslie - (i watch his early vids of him making music to latest day; good if you're into R&B/Hip-Hop)
Time Lapse Videos - Seriously, any city timelapse video is beautiful in 4K and simply worth watching
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,001

Post#8 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Payt10 wrote:Ozark season 3 came out last night! Finished the first two episodes last night. Can't wait to finish it this weekend.

That’s what’s on my slate this weekend!
dmk08
Sixth Man
And1: 175

Post#9 » by dmk08 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:48 pm

CBS7 wrote:Primitive Technology on YouTube. Australian guy using primitive technology out in nature to make buildings, tools, etc. I find his videos therapeutic.

Wow thats a bold statement. I gave up on Saul mid last season. Too boring. BB is top 3 all time for me.

On another note..l. Ozark season 3 hits today on Netflix. Great show.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#10 » by khufure » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:12 am

amazing scifi show https://www.amazon.com/The-Expanse-Season-1/dp/B018BZ3SCM
another amazing scifi show https://www.hbo.com/westworld
stranger things -- weird, interesting show on netflix
parks & rec -- comedy drama, some big name actors in their early days
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#11 » by dice » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am

AKfanatic wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, better?

Different... both excellent and Saul is absolutely worth watching. Not sure about better though.

i'll watch saul at some point. missed the start of the series on TV so i figured i'd wait until they re-run the series someday

i just happened to be flipping through the channels a couple of years ago and they were playing the very first episode of 'breaking bad', which i had not seen. probably 10-15 minutes into it, so i missed the diagnosis or whatever. watched the rest of the series. then a few weeks ago they started running the series again and i AGAIN missed the opening scene or two

my recommendation for our times: go heavy on the comedies. i mentioned both before, but 'larry sanders show' and 'freaks and geeks' would be my picks. the latter basically started the careers of seth rogan, jason segel, james franco and others, w/ judd apatow running the show
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,866

Post#12 » by Dresden » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:41 am

I love the primitive technology channel as well. Amazing what he does using Stone Age technology. One step up from that in terms of technology, there's a channel of building things without any power driven tools called "Mr. Chickadee". I find that very relaxing- watching him hew a big log by hand into square timber really gives you an appreciation for hard our ancestors had to work.

I also like Better Call Saul quite a bit. I never was into Breaking Bad so can't compare the two though. And BTW, the lead actor in Better Call Saul went to Naperville High.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,866

Post#13 » by Dresden » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:46 am

I've also been watching "Black Mirror"- very dark takes on imagined futures with technology gone slightly awry.

And also "End of the F%$*king World"- sort of like A Clockwork Orange meets Sid and Nancy.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,153

Post#14 » by League Circles » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:53 am

Zero Zero Zero is on Amazon. I'm only two episodes in but it's really good so far and my friends who are further love it. By some of the same people that made Gomorrah on Netflix which is profoundly good.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dice
RealGM

Post#15 » by dice » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:20 am

Dresden wrote:

I love the primitive technology channel as well. Amazing what he does using Stone Age technology. One step up from that in terms of technology, there's a channel of building things without any power driven tools called "Mr. Chickadee". I find that very relaxing- watching him hew a big log by hand into square timber really gives you an appreciation for hard our ancestors had to work.

I also like Better Call Saul quite a bit. I never was into Breaking Bad so can't compare the two though. And BTW, the lead actor in Better Call Saul went to Naperville High.

bob odenkirk was also the runner-up for the michael scott role on 'the office'
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,232

Post#16 » by Dan Z » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:34 am

dice wrote:
Dresden wrote:

A few weeks ago I did drawings of a few characters from "Better Call Saul". Great show.

dice
RealGM

Post#17 » by dice » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 am

Dan Z wrote:
dice wrote:
Dresden wrote:

A few weeks ago I did drawings of a few characters from "Better Call Saul". Great show.

that should be on the wall of his office on the show. impressive!
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,232

Post#18 » by Dan Z » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:43 am

dice wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
dice wrote:bob odenkirk was also the runner-up for the michael scott role on 'the office'

[img]]

Thank you. That show is full of great "characters" (Breaking Bad too). It was fun drawing them.
dice
RealGM

Post#19 » by dice » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 am

Dan Z wrote:
dice wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

[img]]

Thank you. That show is full of great "characters" (Breaking Bad too). It was fun drawing them.

with "character faces"
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,795

Post#20 » by jc23 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:55 am

Dresden wrote:I've also been watching "Black Mirror"- very dark takes on imagined futures with technology gone slightly awry.

And also "End of the F%$*king World"- sort of like A Clockwork Orange meets Sid and Nancy.

You wold enjoy "Im am not okay with this" on Netflix. But stay away from any descriptions or even the Netflix trailer of it. Best to go into it blind.
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls