Image ImageImage Image

Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread:

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread: 

Post#101 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:48 am

is everyone skipping over outbreak, the stand, 28 days later stuff so far?

I've been avoiding them like the plague, pun intended.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#102 » by jc23 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 2:29 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:is everyone skipping over outbreak, the stand, 28 days later stuff so far?

I can still watch them no problems, i am limiting my time watching the news. I find 15 minutes of morning news and 15 minutes of mid day news is about my sweet spot.
Be curious, Not judgmental
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,152

Post#103 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 2, 2020 3:31 pm

Anyone watching Tiger King? My friends think it's great but I'm two or three episodes in and don't find a ton of appeal. I'm not a documentary fan though.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,232

Post#104 » by Dan Z » Thu Apr 2, 2020 4:10 pm

League Circles wrote:Anyone watching Tiger King? My friends think it's great but I'm two or three episodes in and don't find a ton of appeal. I'm not a documentary fan though.

I watched it, but don't think it warrants the hype. I'm sure a big reason why it's popular right now is that people are at home and have time to watch.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#105 » by PaKii94 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 8:58 pm

The OA is a little wierd but definitely worth the watch!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#106 » by dice » Thu Apr 2, 2020 11:36 pm

jc23 wrote:
dice wrote:
sco wrote:Sounds like this is a good opportunity. 8-)

anybody recognize any of these kids? hint: one of them is around 40 years old now and became pretty famous recently

i cheated...

the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Apr 3, 2020 12:19 am

League Circles wrote:Anyone watching Tiger King? My friends think it's great but I'm two or three episodes in and don't find a ton of appeal. I'm not a documentary fan though.

zero clue why this is popular to be honest, I made it through half of the first episode. shook my head, turned it off.

tiger king will not be a thing I reflect back on many years from now.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#108 » by BigUps » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:03 am

Dave

It’s a 30 minute comedy and it’s pretty damn funny. It’s on FX and there are only 5 episodes.

I watched all 5 episodes today. Comedy is important right now. We all need a laugh. Check it out.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#109 » by TheStig » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:40 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:is everyone skipping over outbreak, the stand, 28 days later stuff so far?

I watched outbreak. That is a bit to real for me these days.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#110 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:45 am

I re-read the book The Poetics of Space by Gaston Bachelard recently. It's basically about how we might think about and live in our homes, and what makes it 'a home'. and lots of references to french and german poetry if you like that sort of thing. “A house that has been experienced is not an inert box. Inhabited space transcends geometrical space.” It feels especially timely being trapped at home, feeling restless and reclusive.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#111 » by Southpaw » Fri Apr 3, 2020 12:05 pm

Recently watched Contagion and it's eerily similar to what's happening today.
supermario
Analyst
And1: 244

Post#112 » by supermario » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:19 pm

The Men that Built America is a great series if you haven't watched it that's on the History channel. If you liked that they have the Food that Built America and the Cars that built America which are both great. The Food that Built America is a 3 episode series that starts with the Henry Heinz and the original inventory of Coca Cola and then goes into Hershey VS Mars...really interesting stuff. You will find the Food/car series on Amazon Video.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Apr 3, 2020 9:43 pm

supermario wrote:The Men that Built America is a great series if you haven't watched it that's on the History channel. If you liked that they have the Food that Built America and the Cars that built America which are both great. The Food that Built America is a 3 episode series that starts with the Henry Heinz and the original inventory of Coca Cola and then goes into Hershey VS Mars...really interesting stuff. You will find the Food/car series on Amazon Video.

agree, very informative stuff. I enjoyed them all.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#114 » by bledredwine » Fri Apr 3, 2020 10:33 pm

What started out with 1 friend and later became 6 friends and I game together via the PS4, all with headsets.
Surprisingly, 1 plays on x-box and can still join our voice chat.

The game that everyone comes together and loves? Rocket League

It's incredible and I look forward to it every night. We have a great time goofing off together, talking trash and owning other teams.
We also made the "KOBE" clan (my idea :) ), so if you see them, you know it's us, a bunch of Bulls fans.

I highly recommend this. It far surpasses any other social method that I've tried.
My two friends who recently joined are loving it as well.

If you're looking for shows, I'm into Korean dramas (great blend of humor/romance/animated expressions), but I'm picky. Oh My Ghost (the newer looking one with that cute girl) and Beating Again (my favorite Korean drama) are both fantastic. Suits has very witty writing, I liked White Collar... many other Korean dramas, that's about it. My favorite show is End of the ***** World. It's just beautiful, and dark. I do think New Girl is funny, the earlier Bill Burr stand ups (not the latest), all Chapelle, earlier Tom Segura stand ups (not the last one) and all Anthony Jeselnik as well.

PS. Can't stand watching Tiger King, and most other shows that get hyped up. I just find them boring, dry/a waste. I'm a musician, need the unique quirky stuff.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#115 » by Payt10 » Sat Apr 4, 2020 2:54 am

Really starting to get into Vikings right now. Kind of shocked I'm only now starting to watch it, as I'm a huge fan of period pieces—particularly anything about the Middle Ages.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:56 pm

Payt10 wrote:Really starting to get into Vikings right now. Kind of shocked I'm only now starting to watch it, as I'm a huge fan of period pieces—particularly anything about the Middle Ages.

it sucks you in fast, they did a good job with it. I think I did 3 full seasons before needing a break.
heckinjohn
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#117 » by heckinjohn » Mon Apr 6, 2020 8:05 pm

I'm not a huge doc fan because I have trouble sitting through multiple episodes, but Tiger King drew me in. Everything that happens is so bizarre I sometimes cant believe its real.
heckinjohn
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#118 » by heckinjohn » Mon Apr 6, 2020 8:06 pm

I think I'm going to try and do a deep dive into a 2k franchise with the Bulls or an OOTP sim with the White Sox, now that I have all the time on my hands.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#119 » by kyrv » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:06 am

Ya obviously watch what you like. If by episode 2 or 3 you aren't liking it, my guess is you won't suddenly change your mind.

I really have to be in the mood for documentaries, a lot are like you that just don't like them. Plenty of other stuff to watch!
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#120 » by kyrv » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:07 am

BigUps wrote:Dave

It’s a 30 minute comedy and it’s pretty damn funny. It’s on FX and there are only 5 episodes.

I watched all 5 episodes today. Comedy is important right now. We all need a laugh. Check it out.

Agreed on the comedy. I am re-watching the Netflix Jim Gaffigan comedy specials, as an aside he's from the Chicago area (NW Indiana).

Return to Chicago Bulls