Image ImageImage Image

Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread:

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Shelter and Chill reccomendation Thread: 

Post#121 » by kyrv » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:08 am

Payt10 wrote:Really starting to get into Vikings right now. Kind of shocked I'm only now starting to watch it, as I'm a huge fan of period pieces—particularly anything about the Middle Ages.

I started it but then stopped, my best friend loves it, I should add that to my list, thanks!
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#122 » by League Circles » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:20 am

kyrv wrote:
League Circles wrote:Anyone watching Tiger King? My friends think it's great but I'm two or three episodes in and don't find a ton of appeal. I'm not a documentary fan though.

Ya obviously watch what you like. If by episode 2 or 3 you aren't liking it, my guess is you won't suddenly change your mind.

I really have to be in the mood for documentaries, a lot are like you that just don't like them. Plenty of other stuff to watch!

I ended up watching 6 of the 8 episodes before calling it quits haha. Always seemed like something amazing was going to happen but it never did IMO. Just exactly what you'd expect a meth head piece of trash to do if he ran an abusive zoo.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#123 » by dice » Tue Apr 7, 2020 1:11 am

i assume that many people here are familiar with the dan patrick show, but if not, it's far and away the best sports (combined w/ pop culture) show i've ever come across. started as a radio show after DP took a big gamble by leaving sportscenter and starting his own show out of his attic. eventually became a TV simulcast with a small studio, more recently graduated to a large studio, now it's off TV but continues on radio/youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDanPatrickShow). here's a condensed version of today's show after a week off dealing w/ the logistics of the times we are in:

can't find the full episode for some reason...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#124 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:45 pm

the history channel and I have gone from aquantinces to best buddies lately. 6 more weeks and km ready for jeopardy.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#125 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:34 am

HBO documentary "scheme"

Pretty dam good. About the recent ncaa coach bribery scandal, Arizona. Worth watching, well done.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#126 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:53 am

Any and all British variety and panel shows.

Hell, most British shows are great.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#127 » by dumbell78 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:08 am

I finally got around to watching "Killing Them Softly", thought it was great. I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt but thought he was really good here. Also thought Gandolfini was so good in that small role, just great work. The small scene where they both meet up for drinks in the bar, was superb acting.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#128 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:13 am

Mark K wrote:Any and all British variety and panel shows.

Hell, most British shows are great.

When in doubt, I always look for Poirot. So calming.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,135

Post#129 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:27 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:the history channel and I have gone from aquantinces to best buddies lately. 6 more weeks and km ready for jeopardy.

jeopardy: hitler and aliens edition
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#130 » by Southpaw » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 am

Yeah I love History Channel. So many entertaining show there.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#131 » by molepharmer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:58 pm

"Hot Ones" on youtube. Episodes are only ~20min long so it's not much of a time waster. About 200 different celebrities have taken on the challenge of eating 10 hot wings; most with entertaining reactions (e.g. Neil Degrasse, Gordon Ramsey), others are complete duds (e.g. Shaq and Kevin Hart).
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,528

Post#132 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:HBO documentary "scheme"

Pretty dam good. About the recent ncaa coach bribery scandal, Arizona. Worth watching, well done.

This was outstanding. A real eye opener into how the feds do business.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Payt10 wrote:Really starting to get into Vikings right now. Kind of shocked I'm only now starting to watch it, as I'm a huge fan of period pieces—particularly anything about the Middle Ages.

I like this show. It’s basically a soap opera for men. I found it hard to binge watch because the characters would get grating if I watched a lot in one long stretch.

I’ve seen the first 5 seasons. Good show.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:55 pm

For those of you who are into Vikings, I highly recommend Black Sails. Last I checked all seasons were in Amazon Prime.

I will say I did not enjoy the first season. Basically just sex and violence. Took me almost a year to watch it just one random episode at a time. Once I got a few episodes into the second season the pieces really start coming together and the show takes off. Pretty sure after taking nearly a year to watch S1, it took me about 3 weeks to watch S2-S4.

One of my favorites of all time. One thing I did not know when I was watching it, is that the show is an imagined prequel to the book Treasure Island, which I had never read. So if you know that book, I bet you’ll get even more out of the show (I immediately read Treasure Island after watching it).
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#135 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 pm

DuckIII wrote:

This was outstanding. A real eye opener into how the feds do business.

Ya, that threw me for a loop there. I wasn't pleased to learn what I did.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:For those of you who are into Vikings, I highly recommend Black Sails. Last I checked all seasons were in Amazon Prime.

I will say I did not enjoy the first season. Basically just sex and violence. Took me almost a year to watch it just one random episode at a time. Once I got a few episodes into the second season the pieces really start coming together and the show takes off. Pretty sure after taking nearly a year to watch S1, it took me about 3 weeks to watch S2-S4.

One of my favorites of all time. One thing I did not know when I was watching it, is that the show is an imagined prequel to the book Treasure Island, which I had never read. So if you know that book, I bet you’ll get even more out of the show (I immediately read Treasure Island after watching it).

Interesting, I quit near the end of s01, and never made it back, I only have to go to the office 3 out of the next 10 days so I'm desperate for a real time killer.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
DuckIII wrote:For those of you who are into Vikings, I highly recommend Black Sails. Last I checked all seasons were in Amazon Prime.

Interesting, I quit near the end of s01, and never made it back, I only have to go to the office 3 out of the next 10 days so I'm desperate for a real time killer.

As I said, I thought season 1 was pretty lame. Struck me as a poorly written show seeking draw people in with nudity and violence, but very little story. But there is more groundwork being laid there than you realize once you get into the later seasons. By the time you get near the end of season 2 the show is firing on all cylinders and is downright excellent.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#138 » by suckfish » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:12 pm

I've binged watch Power seasons 1-5 in a couple of weeks. I like it, particular looking at Angie, but maybe the acting lacks at times if I was to try and say something bad.

'You' is an okay watch, although a tad unrealistic verging on extremely unrealistic at times... and I feel the plot has a lifespan of about two seasons max before it gets silly.

Tiger King.. need anymore be said.

Don't F With Cats.. crazy.
keobulls
Junior
And1: 168

Post#139 » by keobulls » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 pm

I am in the middle of McMillion$ from HBO, I can't believe what was going on when I was having fun peeling game pieces!
You can buy manure outside, from better grazing grounds for your bulls, but if you never cultivate your own feces to flower better weeds you will always look to other side of a fence. - Koristossu
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,698

Post#140 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:22 pm

I'm playing a lot of Rimworld. Once I get a colony going I can play that game for 30-50 hours in a couple weeks before getting bored and taking a break for a month then starting up again.

If you haven't picked up Rimworld and you're into games with emergent gameplay (and who isn't) pick it up. It's one of the best games ever created imo. It's a bit shallow at times after you get the base game down but there are literally thousands of mods that spice things up and make things more complex if you'd like.

The learning curve isn't that steep although it can be a bit overwhelming when you first start. Do the tuturial, it only takes about 20 minutes, and then you will know enough to get started.

Then try and keep your colony alive for a couple years. I recommend starting on "builder" mode until you get the hang of it and don't choose "Randy" as your storyteller unless you want to get frustrated right off the bat.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls