Image ImageImage Image

OT: COVID-19 thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, dougthonus, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , AshyLarrysDiaper, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10

musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,237
And1: 6,166
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1981 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 am

PlayerUp wrote:
Dresden wrote:I feel like both things are true- it is peoples' responsibility at this point to listen to the science and health officials, and wear the damn masks, and social distance. You hear about a lot of people who say things like "I just didn't think it was real, until I got infected, now I know". But it's also true that Trump, Pence and that whole lot have mislead a lot of people into thinking it was over when it wasn't. They are, I believe, going to be personally responsible for thousands of new deaths from this thing before it's all over, just due to the fact that they refused to endorse the idea of wearing masks, despite their own health officials pleading with people to do so. To me, that's a more impeachable offense than the Ukraine thing or the Mueller report. There is not one good reason for Trump doing this, other than he's a stubborn, petulant adolescent who refuses to admit he's wrong about anything.


We can point fingers all day but people should now be educated on what to do and what not to do. Already enough media coverage on this, health experts, videos, and officials reporting on this matter. If my 5 year old daughter knows how to protect against COVID-19, certainly most of the nation should know by now. We have done alot to try to combat this issue more so than most countries.

The #1 issue is people being stubborn here with wearing masks and minimizing risks.


The #1 issue is that the #1 most powerful person in the country is being stubborn and minimizing the risks of not wearing masks.

There will be political reckoning for Trump because of what he did.

Bolsanaro in Brazil did the same thing. And its leading to mass graves there.
User avatar
Bulls69
Head Coach
Posts: 6,021
And1: 254
Joined: Jul 13, 2002
Location: LA via Chicago

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1982 » by Bulls69 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 am

dice wrote:58% of duval county voters oppose RNC holding nomination convention in jacksonville. trump won the county narrowly in 2016


Trump could careless about the Duval County Voters he's going to hold the Convention period because to cancel the convention to admit that he was wrong.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,480
And1: 3,165
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1983 » by ImSlower » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 am

If Trump had come out swinging against COVID and ordered 2 billion MAGA masks, the conservatives of the country would have united with conviction, tens of thousands of American lives would have been saved, and - I'm being scientific here - at least 3 bajillion dollars would have been saved. Instead, my town has resolutely become frighteningly anti-mask. One prominent bar owner put up a meme about it and dozens of people yukked it up. Meanwhile, I absolutely expect his place to get shut down again in the next month or so, as herds of Americans in all states have decided to say "**** it let's party".

It's not going away, you loonies. Just put on the silly ass mask when you go in to buy a 12 pack. I happen to be sporting the most radiantly luminous beard I've ever managed, no small feat. Alas no one can see its magnificence. Point is, who gives a flying **** about a damn mask if there's even a pretty-damn-small chance you could directly save someone's life? People bragging about not wearing a mask is infuriating. I want the people I lost to this virus back, but moreso I don't want to lose anyone else over it.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,598
And1: 2,982
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1984 » by TheStig » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 am

PlayerUp wrote:
Dresden wrote:I disagree. I think it's a constitutional duty to impeach the president, when it is warranted. Not to do so, when he/she has clearly committed an impeachable offense, is like saying "we won't arrest that guy, even though he broke the law, because we know it's just a waste of money and time". You have to draw the line somewhere, and when it's crossed, you have to act. That's what the system of checks and balances is built on.


Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. Nobody is wrong.

You have to impeach when a crime is done but why they rushed the investigation and didn't follow the money and get his tax returns is the crazy part. The investigation was completely rushed and how a president can stonewall the whole thing is insane. Their chance for succeeding was putting together the whole puzzle and totality. Not the dog and pony show the house did.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,014
And1: 24,254
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1985 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:33 am

dice wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Dresden wrote:
Why do you think it was ill-advised/


Because it was never going to result in a conviction and just played into the already existing narrative about the left. It was time and resource wasteful and politically disadvantageous.

to be fair, playerup said that the reason not to do it was that it wasn't going to result in a conviction

i shudder to think what trump would have to do to actually get removed from office via impeachment


I said that for Trump. He said it for every potential president ever.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 36,431
And1: 9,700
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1986 » by dice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:09 am

PlayerUp wrote:
dice wrote:ouch:

Image


Brazil and India are not on these charts.

true, but india has an enormous population, so their similar raw case counts would be misleading. and brazil is led by "tropical trump", so comparing us to them is redundant

in terms of per capita death rates (probably the most important measure) for non-african nations w/ over 30 million citzens, here are the worst results:

1) belgium
2) UK
3) spain
4) italy
5) france
6) USA
7) brazil
8) canada
9) mexico
[significant gap]
10) iran

all the nations ahead of us have flattened their curves. ours is no longer flat. brazil and mexico are ramping up faster than we are, so brazil and france will likely swap spots in about a month. iran is also on the upswing
"all those muscles ain't gonna help you tonight. i'm gonna bust you up" - larry bird to rookie anthony mason before going for 29/18/11
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,535
And1: 621
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1987 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:14 am

DuckIII wrote:
dice wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Because it was never going to result in a conviction and just played into the already existing narrative about the left. It was time and resource wasteful and politically disadvantageous.

to be fair, playerup said that the reason not to do it was that it wasn't going to result in a conviction

i shudder to think what trump would have to do to actually get removed from office via impeachment


I said that for Trump. He said it for every potential president ever.


Clarifying my original response. I was implying Trump and Clinton. Neither impeachments I agree with and it was simply a waste of tax dollar money.

I agree in certain circumstances yes impeachment could be needed but the likelyhood a president does something that severe where both parties are going to agree to impeach is something unlikely to happen in our lifetime.
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,535
And1: 621
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1988 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

dice wrote:all the nations ahead of us have flattened their curves. ours is no longer flat.


What specifically did Australia, Italy, UK, and Canada do differently? Haven't followed the specifics in these countries.
User avatar
PlayerUp
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,535
And1: 621
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1989 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:22 am

ImSlower wrote:People bragging about not wearing a mask is infuriating. I want the people I lost to this virus back, but moreso I don't want to lose anyone else over it.


Sorry for your losses :(.

If people would just wear the damn mask they would start getting used to wearing it.
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,937
And1: 735
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1990 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 am

mask here,mask there.. these masks are pure BS and only profit for some companies, but protection from them,is very very poor! basic higiene is the key here,social distancing and that sick people dont walk around like zombies
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,937
And1: 735
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1991 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 am

Just sharing it forward :D
...
...
...
For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid :). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Copied and pasted. If a business wants me to wear a mask, that business doesn’t want my business. If governments mandate I wear one then I guess I’ll be an outlaw. It’s about control. How about y’all control the looters, real criminals, and overreaching politicians!!
User avatar
PaKii94
Head Coach
Posts: 6,687
And1: 3,544
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
     

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1992 » by PaKii94 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:BEST MASK EXPLANATION I'VE READ. PLEASE READ.

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid :). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Copied and pasted. If a business wants me to wear a mask, that business doesn’t want my business. If governments mandate I wear one then I guess I’ll be an outlaw. It’s about control. How about y’all control the looters, real criminals, and overreaching politicians!!


:lol:
User avatar
molepharmer
Head Coach
Posts: 6,019
And1: 802
Joined: Feb 27, 2002

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1993 » by molepharmer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am

Dresden wrote:
molepharmer wrote:
Dresden wrote:...One of the real problems is that people don't trust the new media:

"And, consistent with other surveys, trust in the news media is low, especially among Republicans. Only 7 percent of Republicans say they trust the national news media to provide accurate information about the virus. That could be a problem, since far more Americans are learning about the pandemic from news reports than from their personal doctor or the C.D.C. website."....

The science has been excellent. The problem has been the media taking tidbits from pre-print and non-peer reviewed articles and running with it; adding their own little slant, blowing stuff way out of proportion. The results and conclusions from these studies come from a defined set of conditions, which the media almost completely ignores.

Some of the pre-print science is very good and eventually does make it through the review process. But you need a good scientific background to know what is bad science and what is good science. Most of the media, unfortunately, does not have that expertise. Granted, with the Covid-19 pandemic and the overwhelming amount of studies being conducted, the peer review process has suffered somewhat. So a few more research papers do get into science journals that perhaps shouldn't have and subsequently have been retracted.


Could you give an example of this. I'm just a layperson, but most of the reports I've read of scientific studies in mainstream media have been pretty careful about qualifying when those results have been peer reviewed, and when they haven't, or have been careful to say the results are preliminary. For instance, the reports on the efficacy of chloroquine were pretty clearly couched in terms of "studies have shown conflicting results", etc.
Hard to give examples because typically when I read an article and it starts off with poor information, I immediately dismiss that article and wipe it from my memory. When mainstream media does acknowledge that the results/conclusions have not been peer reviewed, they still tend to focus on the headline big story. Minimizing the fact that the results are from a defined set of conditions. Not all mainstream media is bad, some do go into greater detail of the studies.

Only one recent example comes to mind since I did see the WHO's news conference in it's entirety. I thought the media handling of Dr Van Kerkhove of WHO describing asymptomatic transmission as "very rare" was poor. Media completely blew that out of proportion when it was a simple misunderstanding and could have been easily cleared up with a follow-up question. Dr Van Kerkhove was referring to a specific set of studies. Good science is highly technical and very specific, something that understandably gets glossed over by mainstream media.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,237
And1: 6,166
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1994 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:27 pm

TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:
Dresden wrote:I disagree. I think it's a constitutional duty to impeach the president, when it is warranted. Not to do so, when he/she has clearly committed an impeachable offense, is like saying "we won't arrest that guy, even though he broke the law, because we know it's just a waste of money and time". You have to draw the line somewhere, and when it's crossed, you have to act. That's what the system of checks and balances is built on.


Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. Nobody is wrong.

You have to impeach when a crime is done but why they rushed the investigation and didn't follow the money and get his tax returns is the crazy part. The investigation was completely rushed and how a president can stonewall the whole thing is insane. Their chance for succeeding was putting together the whole puzzle and totality. Not the dog and pony show the house did.


The point if it was to do a dog and pony show.

The point wasnt to actually get him out of office. You cant without the Senate.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
Posts: 29,237
And1: 6,166
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Location: Chicago

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1995 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Just sharing it forward :D
...
...
...
For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid :). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Copied and pasted. If a business wants me to wear a mask, that business doesn’t want my business. If governments mandate I wear one then I guess I’ll be an outlaw. It’s about control. How about y’all control the looters, real criminals, and overreaching politicians!!


Makes dont prevent Covid 19. They prevent people from getting sick and then reporting to hospitals.

Hospital capacity is the issue here.

There are a variety of issues at stake here. Not just COVID.

Additionally, most of what you're saying is psuedo science with an occasional nugget of truth. It's the classic Tucker Carlson method.

Dont do it here.
User avatar
ImSlower
Analyst
Posts: 3,480
And1: 3,165
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL
   

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1996 » by ImSlower » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm

People like Primzy are why America has 25% of the half-a-million worldwide deaths, with 4% of the world's population.

Masks arent going to save the world overnight. But tens of thousands of people who have COVID without realizing it have inadvertently saved lives by walking past uninfected people in the store, and that ugly itchy mask held hust enough infected spittle in that the person happily wandered on to the chips aisle.

Many others like Primzy have inadvertently spread the disease, because social distancing is for liberals and masks make them look less cool. Or something.

The oxygen / CO2 excuse is absolutely absurd. Our surgeons and painters don't have a shorter life expectancy because of their daily mask use. Using that as a reason to endanger your community is embarrassing.

People like you infuritate me, Primzy. I want my uncle back. My coworker. My best friend's dad. My dozen or so New Yorkers I directly knew who lost someone. Just wear a stupid mask. It takes 5 seconds. Come together and who the **** knows maybe we can do something right.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,014
And1: 24,254
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1997 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:05 pm

PlayerUp wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
dice wrote:to be fair, playerup said that the reason not to do it was that it wasn't going to result in a conviction

i shudder to think what trump would have to do to actually get removed from office via impeachment


I said that for Trump. He said it for every potential president ever.


Clarifying my original response. I was implying Trump and Clinton. Neither impeachments I agree with and it was simply a waste of tax dollar money.

I agree in certain circumstances yes impeachment could be needed but the likelyhood a president does something that severe where both parties are going to agree to impeach is something unlikely to happen in our lifetime.


Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the impeachment mechanism as a whole. I agree about both Trump and Clinton. And I agree it’s not likely to happen, but I certainly think it could. I don’t discount it completely.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,014
And1: 24,254
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1998 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:08 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:BEST MASK EXPLANATION I'VE READ. PLEASE READ.

For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid :). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense. Don’t drink the kool-aid.

Copied and pasted. If a business wants me to wear a mask, that business doesn’t want my business. If governments mandate I wear one then I guess I’ll be an outlaw. It’s about control. How about y’all control the looters, real criminals, and overreaching politicians!!


:lol:


Yes, this far right anti-health copy and paste meme has already been thoroughly debunked by articles and data pre-existing the pandemic (and therefore not retro-fit to meet a narrative).
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,014
And1: 24,254
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#1999 » by DuckIII » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:15 pm

ImSlower wrote:People like Primzy are why America has 25% of the half-a-million worldwide deaths, with 4% of the world's population.

Masks arent going to save the world overnight. But tens of thousands of people who have COVID without realizing it have inadvertently saved lives by walking past uninfected people in the store, and that ugly itchy mask held hust enough infected spittle in that the person happily wandered on to the chips aisle.

Many others like Primzy have inadvertently spread the disease, because social distancing is for liberals and masks make them look less cool. Or something.

The oxygen / CO2 excuse is absolutely absurd. Our surgeons and painters don't have a shorter life expectancy because of their daily mask use. Using that as a reason to endanger your community is embarrassing.

People like you infuritate me, Primzy. I want my uncle back. My coworker. My best friend's dad. My dozen or so New Yorkers I directly knew who lost someone. Just wear a stupid mask. It takes 5 seconds. Come together and who the **** knows maybe we can do something right.


I appreciate the effort here but people like Primzy are selfish truth deniers. It’s become cool and even admirable to a large contingent of our society to be an aggressive and open dumb ass. And this isn’t limited to masks.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,937
And1: 735
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #2 

Post#2000 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm

ImSlower wrote:People like Primzy are why America has 25% of the half-a-million worldwide deaths, with 4% of the world's population.

Masks arent going to save the world overnight. But tens of thousands of people who have COVID without realizing it have inadvertently saved lives by walking past uninfected people in the store, and that ugly itchy mask held hust enough infected spittle in that the person happily wandered on to the chips aisle.

Many others like Primzy have inadvertently spread the disease, because social distancing is for liberals and masks make them look less cool. Or something.

The oxygen / CO2 excuse is absolutely absurd. Our surgeons and painters don't have a shorter life expectancy because of their daily mask use. Using that as a reason to endanger your community is embarrassing.

People like you infuritate me, Primzy. I want my uncle back. My coworker. My best friend's dad. My dozen or so New Yorkers I directly knew who lost someone. Just wear a stupid mask. It takes 5 seconds. Come together and who the **** knows maybe we can do something right.


Im not American, I live in Europe.. I take care of hygiene, distancing and I wear mask, not because of me, but others.. But covid19 is.... Well its not natural and It came from labs.

That post above about masks, its not mine mine, its copy pasted as one version of looking on things.

Return to Chicago Bulls